OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote::hai:

Weird being another 3 hours behind most of you guys.
:howdy:

I didn't even bother DFDing when I was in Hawaii. Too much amazing stuff to see over there plus the time difference. We'll still be here when you get back.
I'm still sleeping weird hours, so I check the forum from time to time. It's 6:22am now and everyone else is still wiped out, but I've been up since 3:30.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 am Interesting. I think it's also relative to location. :iono: , don't think it was me though, because I've done pretty well out in the real world with chicks. In my area/circle of people I know quite a few serious relationshits/marriages that resulted from Tinder. I see it as just organic dating. See someone, find them attractive, talk to them, see where it goes. Stuff like OK Cupid that tries to match people based on all these arbitrary factors liked "Do you sleep on your side or your back? " don't make as much sense to me. I liked Tinder for the low time commitment.
Yeah I was gonna say it's probably location specific. I'd hop on while in Seattle or Portland and find the same willingness of girls there as I would here in SD or LA, but when I was in Utah for example it was much more like your experience.
:word:

Makes sense. Can confirm PNW has easy dockings.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Gonna be balls hot here, upper 90's and humid. :disgust:
Got some stupid, :wasteful: yard work to do tomorrow then dinner at a :drool: Thai place with some old friends, then a Father's Day picnic with the in laws extended family. Should be quite the sweat-fest. Bleh.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I want chili cheese fries so badly rn.

Not good cheese doe, I want gas station liquid cheese with some good chili. And bacon
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:25 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Yeah I was gonna say it's probably location specific. I'd hop on while in Seattle or Portland and find the same willingness of girls there as I would here in SD or LA, but when I was in Utah for example it was much more like your experience.
:word:

Makes sense. Can confirm PNW has easy dockings.
Indeed.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

:howdy:

I didn't even bother DFDing when I was in Hawaii. Too much amazing stuff to see over there plus the time difference. We'll still be here when you get back.
I'm still sleeping weird hours, so I check the forum from time to time. It's 6:22am now and everyone else is still wiped out, but I've been up since 3:30.
:wrong:

I bet you didn't even know DFD could determine you vacation :wrong:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm What is everyone up to this weekend?

Got some stupid, :wasteful: yard work to do tomorrow then dinner at a :drool: Thai place with some old friends, then a Father's Day picnic with the in laws extended family. Should be quite the sweat-fest. Bleh.
Thinking about breaking my keto diet and having a Faturday Whirl Cup partay
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gf and I are running a bunch or errands today. Tomorrow we are taking the kitten to vet for shots, watching Incredibles 2, and just hanging out
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Waimea canyon. Was supposed to do it earlier in the week but we moved things around.

Yesterday we were on Oahu and I tried to haggle a few authorized distributors into working a discount on a Rolex Daytona, but as I suspected..... They didn't go for it.

I figured with the 4% sales tax here and a discount I would buy it, but my local sales tax @ 8.25% and a 15-20% discount is possible at home.

Tons of AZNs there from Japan just paying crazy prices for everything in Waikiki. The shopping area in Waikiki was popping off hardcore yesterday. The guy at one jeweler told me that he would discount it, but they barley keep them in stock for more than a week with the foreign money that flies in daily and the store policy is zero discounts. The two other authorized dealers seemed to share the feeling.

Oh well, I really didn't need to be that much on a watch anyway. It's pretty :wasteful: in the real world.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I’ll be home tonight. Picked up a nice upper respiratory bug here at the hospital though.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

:wrong:

I bet you didn't even know DFD could determine you vacation :wrong:
:lolol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm I’ll be home tonight. Picked up a nice upper respiratory bug here at the hospital though.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Sorry man. I missed it, how is your girl?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 pm

What's a Whirl Cup?
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm I want chili cheese fries so badly rn.

Not good cheese doe, I want gas station liquid cheese with some good chili. And bacon
I fucking love gas station pump cheese. Those are the only nachos I ever really want.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Stop trolling me.
Who's trolling who?
:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Gym tonight, then probably smoke and sleep. Tomorrow I need to grab groceries and hit the gym again, then Michelle and I are going to go to this "interactive art" exhibit thing called Wonder Spaces. We went last year and it was pretty cool. New "artists" and exhibits this year. Got some cool pictures last year, so bringing my camera again. We might go watch Solo after that. Sunday I'm hoping to do nothing at all besides get Ava out to play somewhere, get her nails trimmed up, take the jeep to get washed, then relax and meal prep.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 pm

What's a Whirl Cup?
Me having fun with the world cup
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Stop trolling me.
Who's trolling who?
:howdareu:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Waimea canyon. Was supposed to do it earlier in the week but we moved things around.

Yesterday we were on Oahu and I tried to haggle a few authorized distributors into working a discount on a Rolex Daytona, but as I suspected..... They didn't go for it.

I figured with the 4% sales tax here and a discount I would buy it, but my local sales tax @ 8.25% and a 15-20% discount is possible at home.

Tons of AZNs there from Japan just paying crazy prices for everything in Waikiki. The shopping area in Waikiki was popping off hardcore yesterday. The guy at one jeweler told me that he would discount it, but they barley keep them in stock for more than a week with the foreign money that flies in daily and the store policy is zero discounts. The two other authorized dealers seemed to share the feeling.

Oh well, I really didn't need to be that much on a watch anyway. It's pretty :wasteful: in the real world.
AZNs are the worst tourists. I was at Pike Place market yesterday, which is kind of a farmers market, meat market, flea market all wrapped up into one. Tourist attraction here in Seattle. And these AZNs were snapping pics of fucking fish. A fish market, dead fish on ice, snap snap snap, peace sign, etc. :wtf: it's fucking FISH people..... FISH. You can see fish in any grocery store in the US. :facepalm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote:What is everyone up to this weekend?

I may possibly be on a potential date tonight, i asked for plans and still waiting. If she flakes, i’ll just fuck around with my new waterless wash and finally get my car clean.Tomorrow cars and coffee with rudyballs then going to a running music festival (edm aka millenial untz untz untz music), first one ever in History.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Gym tonight, then probably smoke and sleep. Tomorrow I need to grab groceries and hit the gym again, then Michelle and I are going to go to this "interactive art" exhibit thing called Wonder Spaces. We went last year and it was pretty cool. New "artists" and exhibits this year. Got some cool pictures last year, so bringing my camera again. We might go watch Solo after that. Sunday I'm hoping to do nothing at all besides get Ava out to play somewhere, get her nails trimmed up, take the jeep to get washed, then relax and meal prep.
Did I miss something?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Millenial problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Did I miss something?
:dat:

:wat:
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

AZNs are the worst tourists. I was at Pike Place market yesterday, which is kind of a farmers market, meat market, flea market all wrapped up into one. Tourist attraction here in Seattle. And these AZNs were snapping pics of fucking fish. A fish market, dead fish on ice, snap snap snap, peace sign, etc. :wtf: it's fucking FISH people..... FISH. You can see fish in any grocery store in the US. :facepalm:
^.^
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Yeah, been to PP many times over the years.

You think that is strange?

Even my wife was shocked at the number of Japanese that couldn't/wouldn't speak English that were apparently celebrating at Pearl Harbor yesterday. Their happy vibes were passing me off pretty good when we were in a place that has a heavy meaning, and in my opinion deserves quite a bit of respect for the souls that were never relieved of duty at the site for the last seven decades.

:disgust: