OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

AZNs are the worst tourists. I was at Pike Place market yesterday, which is kind of a farmers market, meat market, flea market all wrapped up into one. Tourist attraction here in Seattle. And these AZNs were snapping pics of fucking fish. A fish market, dead fish on ice, snap snap snap, peace sign, etc. :wtf: it's fucking FISH people..... FISH. You can see fish in any grocery store in the US. :facepalm:
Yeah, been to PP many times over the years.

You think that is strange?

Even my wife was shocked at the number of Japanese that couldn't/wouldn't speak English that were apparently celebrating at Pearl Harbor yesterday. Their happy vibes were passing me off pretty good when we were in a place that has a heavy meaning, and in my opinion deserves quite a bit of respect for the souls that were never relieved of duty at the site for the last seven decades.

:disgust:
Visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki and happy vibes over there while showing a postcard of Enola Gay?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Waimea canyon. Was supposed to do it earlier in the week but we moved things around.

Yesterday we were on Oahu and I tried to haggle a few authorized distributors into working a discount on a Rolex Daytona, but as I suspected..... They didn't go for it.

I figured with the 4% sales tax here and a discount I would buy it, but my local sales tax @ 8.25% and a 15-20% discount is possible at home.

Tons of AZNs there from Japan just paying crazy prices for everything in Waikiki. The shopping area in Waikiki was popping off hardcore yesterday. The guy at one jeweler told me that he would discount it, but they barley keep them in stock for more than a week with the foreign money that flies in daily and the store policy is zero discounts. The two other authorized dealers seemed to share the feeling.

Oh well, I really didn't need to be that much on a watch anyway. It's pretty :wasteful: in the real world.
AZNs are the worst tourists. I was at Pike Place market yesterday, which is kind of a farmers market, meat market, flea market all wrapped up into one. Tourist attraction here in Seattle. And these AZNs were snapping pics of fucking fish. A fish market, dead fish on ice, snap snap snap, peace sign, etc. :wtf: it's fucking FISH people..... FISH. You can see fish in any grocery store in the US. :facepalm:
When I was in London back in January, literally 60% people that I see are ALL asians, and they take pics of everything, even a fucking souvenir that has no meaning what so ever, and I would bet all their iphones are 256 gig, cuz theres no way a 60 gig can store all the pics they take.

Same with airport passport lines, half of them watch videos and take their sweet ass time to drag their $900 gucci slippers with fur and watch some gangnam style type music videos. Its just so irritating
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm What is everyone up to this weekend?

Gonna be balls hot here, upper 90's and humid. :disgust:
Got some stupid, :wasteful: yard work to do tomorrow then dinner at a :drool: Thai place with some old friends, then a Father's Day picnic with the in laws extended family. Should be quite the sweat-fest. Bleh.
Gym tonight, then probably smoke and sleep. Tomorrow I need to grab groceries and hit the gym again, then Michelle and I are going to go to this "interactive art" exhibit thing called Wonder Spaces. We went last year and it was pretty cool. New "artists" and exhibits this year. Got some cool pictures last year, so bringing my camera again. We might go watch Solo after that. Sunday I'm hoping to do nothing at all besides get Ava out to play somewhere, get her nails trimmed up, take the jeep to get washed, then relax and meal prep.
Going as just friends, or ... :hubba:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm

What's a Whirl Cup?
Me having fun with the world cup
I thought it was some :fuckyeah: local ice cream concoction. :(
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Did I miss something?
:dat:

:wat:
:dat:
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Yeah, been to PP many times over the years.

You think that is strange?

Even my wife was shocked at the number of Japanese that couldn't/wouldn't speak English that were apparently celebrating at Pearl Harbor yesterday. Their happy vibes were passing me off pretty good when we were in a place that has a heavy meaning, and in my opinion deserves quite a bit of respect for the souls that were never relieved of duty at the site for the last seven decades.

:disgust:
I understand they've done this for decades. :disgust: :angry:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

I thought it was some :fuckyeah: local ice cream concoction. :(
Certainly should be if it's not
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Its a good thing not many asians come to Turkey, if they drive, they’ll fuck up the istanbul traffic 5x worse than it already is. Especially when they don’t look to cross the street and they’ll instigate a 3 car pileup
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm I’ll be home tonight. Picked up a nice upper respiratory bug here at the hospital though.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Sorry man. I missed it, how is your girl?
Transferring to rehab today. She’s in better spirits and we’ve seen some movement on her left side.

:therapist:
razr390

Speaking of AZNs, yesterday on the way home there were 3 arguing with one another on the fast lane of the 495 because pile up accident. A Camry, an Elantra, and a Prius. No damage that would render cars undriveable, yet they decide to argue instead of moving them to shoulder during rush hour traffic in DC.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Calvinball wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Transferring to rehab today. She’s in better spirits and we’ve seen some movement on her left side.

This is great to hear!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Gym tonight, then probably smoke and sleep. Tomorrow I need to grab groceries and hit the gym again, then Michelle and I are going to go to this "interactive art" exhibit thing called Wonder Spaces. We went last year and it was pretty cool. New "artists" and exhibits this year. Got some cool pictures last year, so bringing my camera again. We might go watch Solo after that. Sunday I'm hoping to do nothing at all besides get Ava out to play somewhere, get her nails trimmed up, take the jeep to get washed, then relax and meal prep.
Did I miss something?
Just hanging out. The space and not living together has actually been really good for us. She's finally actively looking for a new job, which will be good for her in general and we're both going to be going to therapy. Still too early to tell if we'll be able to give things a shot in the future, but it's nice being able to spend time together without the pressure from before and seeing that we're both working on bettering ourselves.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

So glad to hear it. I hope everything normalizes soon.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm

What's a Whirl Cup?
Got it. I was picturing some sort of swirlled ice cream sundae or something. I don't normally crave sweets, but god damn I could eat some right now.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm I like fitness chicks, and slightly chubby ones, and other womens.

Ill never snag a fit chick, unless theyre into dad bod without the kids.
Did I miss you being un-married?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:30 pm Speaking of AZNs, yesterday on the way home there were 3 arguing with one another on the fast lane of the 495 because pile up accident. A Camry, an Elantra, and a Prius. No damage that would render cars undriveable, yet they decide to argue instead of moving them to shoulder during rush hour traffic in DC.
Pretty typical for 495, they always chill where the accident happened until the cops come and get asked to move to shoulder
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Sounds promising keep us updated!
SAWCE

Weight is down to 211.4lbs as of this morning. We're now switching from this mini-cut I've been on to growing again. Hoping to get up to 230ish by the end of September, but a much more lean 230 than what I hit in April. Then we'll actually start dieting down for the show and see how lean I can get.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm I like fitness chicks, and slightly chubby ones, and other womens.

Ill never snag a fit chick, unless theyre into dad bod without the kids.
Did I miss you being un-married?
He finally told us this morning.. :(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you're doing alright.
Im good. Lifes just throwing new things at me daily.
Lets put some lipstick on this pig right now. You got in and got out with zero damage and obtained a fair amount of education. You were like a green beret. You made a drop behind enemy lines, learned a lot about the indigenous population, then emerged, unscathed, riding on the front skid of a Huey, ready to slay the poon on Tinder and other apps provided to you by Pay Area warlords.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Im good. Lifes just throwing new things at me daily.
Lets put some lipstick on this pig right now. You got in and got out with zero damage and obtained a fair amount of education. You were like a green beret. You made a drop behind enemy lines, learned a lot about the indigenous population, then emerged, unscathed, riding on the front skid of a Huey, ready to slay the poon on Tinder and other apps provided to you by Pay Area warlords.
I want to hang out with you and have you just narrate everything that's happening.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm Weight is down to 211.4lbs as of this morning. We're now switching from this mini-cut I've been on to growing again. Hoping to get up to 230ish by the end of September, but a much more lean 230 than what I hit in April. Then we'll actually start dieting down for the show and see how lean I can get.
Weren't you supposed to hit like 275? :disappoint:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 pm

I want to hang out with you and have you just narrate everything that's happening.
:dat: Breh has a way with wordsmithing that is unparalleled.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm Weight is down to 211.4lbs as of this morning. We're now switching from this mini-cut I've been on to growing again. Hoping to get up to 230ish by the end of September, but a much more lean 230 than what I hit in April. Then we'll actually start dieting down for the show and see how lean I can get.
Haha my initial thought was that we'd get up to 250 or 260, but I thought we'd bulk from Jan to Sept. He wanted to see how my body responded to dieting before it was time to diet though, so we did this mini-cut and dropped an easy 20lbs in 9 weeks while I was still eating 3000 calories a day.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:59 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Haha my initial thought was that we'd get up to 250 or 260, but I thought we'd bulk from Jan to Sept. He wanted to see how my body responded to dieting before it was time to diet though, so we did this mini-cut and dropped an easy 20lbs in 9 weeks while I was still eating 3000 calories a day.
Ahhh yes, 250 that we forumed into you hitting 275. :sawce: is looking good doe! :hubba: