Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:36 pm

About 80 miles. Im in Sumter, SC.

But ill ride it out like every other one in my life.
its making a beeline for you and the winfield is huge. it looks like it will stall too dumping tons of rain.

be careful. Dont try to clean shit up after the storm until emergency services are restored. I'd consider leaving.

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Doing it right!

My parents live in Wilmington, NC. They had the large trees in their yard taken down and changed their minds from leaving the area to staying in the house. They are 1/4 mile from the sound but are located on high ground. The flooding from Floyd didn't reach their house so they may be ok.
DUDE :wtf: YOU PARENTS NEED TO GET THE FUCK NOW
Not leaving. And not planning to clean anything up. I will relax in my townhome until it passes.

Rain will be okay for my location. But yes the storm is coming my way.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

datgrundle wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 pm Posted to my social media’s. But I thought the collective may also appreciate.

This is how I’ve decided to storm prep. Parked the car on high ground. And then went shopping for the essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing it right!

My parents live in Wilmington, NC. They had the large trees in their yard taken down and changed their minds from leaving the area to staying in the house. They are 1/4 mile from the sound but are located on high ground. The flooding from Floyd didn't reach their house so they may be ok.
Yes I am.

Hopefully your parents fare well. Wilmington is pretty close to the impact zone.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 pm Man something is tweaking in my back/neck. Been hurting for a week or two now, and it just flared up really bad hitting my arm workout downstairs. Think I need to go get an adjustment.
Off topic....is your dog fixed? Told my wife what happened and she was like 'he should never take the dog back to the dog park....'
Yeah she’s spayed.

She just thinks she’s too aggressive?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:26 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Off topic....is your dog fixed? Told my wife what happened and she was like 'he should never take the dog back to the dog park....'
Yeah she’s spayed.

Not necessarily. You just don't know what triggered her to prevent it from happening again.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Got a text from my parents, they got through the eye of the storm ok. Their neighborhood has plenty of trees down of course but them & their house are undamaged. Now for the rain. I'm so mad at them for not just coming up to NJ and hanging out with us for a week..
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 pm Looking at that land makes me want to listen to some Gordon Lightfoot

This is one of my dad's very favorite songs. :like:
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:26 am

Yeah she’s spayed.

Not necessarily. You just don't know what triggered her to prevent it from happening again.
Ah right. Yeah it was a problem for a while so I stopped taking her, and I’ve been working with her myself and only going to the park when it’s usually empty. Not sure why there were so many people there that night. I need to get her some legit training to see if they can address the issue, but it’s pricey out here and not in the cards for me right now with other stuff going on.
SAWCE

datgrundle wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 am Got a text from my parents, they got through the eye of the storm ok. Their neighborhood has plenty of trees down of course but them & their house are undamaged. Now for the rain. I'm so mad at them for not just coming up to NJ and hanging out with us for a week..
Glad they’re safe!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

datgrundle wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 am Got a text from my parents, they got through the eye of the storm ok. Their neighborhood has plenty of trees down of course but them & their house are undamaged. Now for the rain. I'm so mad at them for not just coming up to NJ and hanging out with us for a week..
eye of the storm is the hardest but also easiest part of the storm. The back end of the storm will push water inland, so that's when they have to be very careful.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am

Ah right. Yeah it was a problem for a while so I stopped taking her, and I’ve been working with her myself and only going to the park when it’s usually empty. Not sure why there were so many people there that night. I need to get her some legit training to see if they can address the issue, but it’s pricey out here and not in the cards for me right now with other stuff going on.
Being a doc, she is probably being overly cautious.

If you want I can have her video conference with you about stuff with your dog.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 am
eye of the storm is the hardest but also easiest part of the storm. The back end of the storm will push water inland, so that's when they have to be very careful.
Am aware of that fact. The eye was always the fun part since the storm goes from 115 to 0 in a moment and you get to take a look outside.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am Ah right. Yeah it was a problem for a while so I stopped taking her, and I’ve been working with her myself and only going to the park when it’s usually empty. Not sure why there were so many people there that night. I need to get her some legit training to see if they can address the issue, but it’s pricey out here and not in the cards for me right now with other stuff going on.

Yeah that could actually be nice to set up sometime.
SAWCE

Park in the morning is the best since it’s empty and I can run her into the ground.. this is her status when we get home from that and I’m getting ready for work:

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:

Just let me know
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am

Just let me know
Will do. Thanks man.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Good to hear!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Shit. Was told by my boss that I need to be documenting everything that happens between me and the new member of the team now. Shit's going down, and preparing for likely legal intervention is necessary.
wap

Been meaning all week to mention a :csb: about the wedding I went to last Saturday but it's been stupid busy at work.

Old family friend's daughter, who I've known since she was born and is now old enough to call her my friend too, got married last Saturday at a 5/7 venue. The ceremony took place in a courtyard of an old, brick, converted warehouse or factory of some sort on a river and the reception was immediately after inside, beginning with a cocktail hour prior to dinner, where I discovered a new-to-me whisky that :megusta: . The officiant or minister or whatever, was a friend of the bride's from college and I don't mind saying, :woodplow: , as odd as that may at first sound. :lol: After the reception a few of us were invited to an after party, which consisted of hitting a couple of bars in the next town over where the couple had a room in a cool, 90 year old historic hotel. Wife and I took separate cars because she had to get up early the next morning so I was free to :drunk: :fuckyeah: . I drove the newlyweds and her sister back to their hotel and her parents followed with a few more friends in their :minivan: . They had a suite and the girls all changed into street clothes and then the guys changed, except me who forgot to bring street clothes so I was in a suit for the rest of the night :aintcare: . We hit an Irish bar across the street from the hotel, I had a black and tan, and the newlyweds discovered that there was another wedding reception happening in an upstairs room of the bar so we went up to crash it. They had a beer garden/balcony up there where we hung out until some employees first offered us some food then, realizing we weren't part of the wedding, promptly kicked us out since it was a private function. We then went back to the hotel and hung out in their bar for another hour or so until the night broke up and I got home around 3:00 am. I haven't done anything like that for a LONG time and was happy to find that I wasn't totally dead the next day.
As I said, :csb: :whocares: , etc...
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am Shit. Was told by my boss that I need to be documenting everything that happens between me and the new member of the team now. Shit's going down, and preparing for likely legal intervention is necessary.
Deets
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am Been meaning all week to mention a :csb: about the wedding I went to last Saturday but it's been stupid busy at work.

Old family friend's daughter, who I've known since she was born and is now old enough to call her my friend too, got married last Saturday at a 5/7 venue. The ceremony took place in a courtyard of an old, brick, converted warehouse or factory of some sort on a river and the reception was immediately after inside, beginning with a cocktail hour prior to dinner, where I discovered a new-to-me whisky that :megusta: . The officiant or minister or whatever, was a friend of the bride's from college and I don't mind saying, :woodplow: , as odd as that may at first sound. :lol: After the reception a few of us were invited to an after party, which consisted of hitting a couple of bars in the next town over where the couple had a room in a cool, 90 year old historic hotel. Wife and I took separate cars because she had to get up early the next morning so I was free to :drunk: :fuckyeah: . I drove the newlyweds and her sister back to their hotel and her parents followed with a few more friends in their :minivan: . They had a suite and the girls all changed into street clothes and then the guys changed, except me who forgot to bring street clothes so I was in a suit for the rest of the night :aintcare: . We hit an Irish bar across the street from the hotel, I had a black and tan, and the newlyweds discovered that there was another wedding reception happening in an upstairs room of the bar so we went up to crash it. They had a beer garden/balcony up there where we hung out until some employees first offered us some food then, realizing we weren't part of the wedding, promptly kicked us out since it was a private function. We then went back to the hotel and hung out in their bar for another hour or so until the night broke up and I got home around 3:00 am. I haven't done anything like that for a LONG time and was happy to find that I wasn't totally dead the next day.
Sounds fun. Funny that you guys actually got into the other wedding reception for a while unnoticed.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am Been meaning all week to mention a :csb: about the wedding I went to last Saturday but it's been stupid busy at work.

Look at this sweet sweet DFD format content contribution..! 5/7

:zing: :amaze:

wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

Sounds fun. Funny that you guys actually got into the other wedding reception for a while unnoticed.
Right?!
It was a fun evening but late night bar hopping is definitely a young person's game. Though her parents were with us and they're both older than me, but the mom used to be a bit of a wild child back in the early 80's. She died her hair purple and went clubbing a LOT, so she still has it in her a bit.
wap

datgrundle wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:30 am

Look at this sweet sweet DFD format content contribution..! 5/7

:zing: :amaze:

:wub:
With proper grammar AND correct spelling! :mindblown:
wap

:trollface:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am Shit. Was told by my boss that I need to be documenting everything that happens between me and the new member of the team now. Shit's going down, and preparing for likely legal intervention is necessary.
Deets
Apparently when she was interviewing and my boss was asking around, people were not up front about everything. And her HR file is massive now... So, bosslady wants to be sure that I'm covered since I work the closest with the new teammate in case it hits the fan.