Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm
Acid666 wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we had to deal with this. We've had a guy claiming he was an engineer and shit when we know he didn't graduate.
We've turned them into the state board of land and survey (where you get your engineering licenses and stuff), and they start a super fun investigation.
Pretty bizarre. No wonder he hasn't spoken to anyone in the 18 weeks he's been here. Myself and the other guy are going to mention him when we have our 1 on 1s. We were going to mention him anyway but now we definitely are.

If he has any sort of spine our manager will just fire him. Sad part is I'm not sure he does as I think this was his first hire in the US.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fake it till ya make it. I think it really depends on how critical it is. If he sucks as the job and you can prove he 1) sucks, and 2) doesn't have the right credentials then it's boot time. If he's great at it and the credentials aren't as critical, meh, whatevs.
For us, if it's an engineer then it's a liability. Granted you can't sign off on prints unless you're a P.E. (professionally licensed engineer with a state stamp), then it's different.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Pretty bizarre. No wonder he hasn't spoken to anyone in the 18 weeks he's been here. Myself and the other guy are going to mention him when we have our 1 on 1s. We were going to mention him anyway but now we definitely are.

If he has any sort of spine our manager will just fire him. Sad part is I'm not sure he does as I think this was his first hire in the US.

Fake it till ya make it. I think it really depends on how critical it is. If he sucks as the job and you can prove he 1) sucks, and 2) doesn't have the right credentials then it's boot time. If he's great at it and the credentials aren't as critical, meh, whatevs.
For us, if it's an engineer then it's a liability. Granted you can't sign off on prints unless you're a P.E. (professionally licensed engineer with a state stamp), then it's different.
It sorta matters here. Or at least it should as I work at a software company. It's not as important as being an engineer though. Everything about this dude is real fishy especially after checking out his linkedin. Now I know linkedin isn't a resume but there's a strange 7 year gap after he graduated HS to his next (first?) job. Remember he told our manager he has an associates but curiously it's not there.

The thing I find hilarious is that he lists amazon, ebay, walmart, overstock, and newegg under his "skills" tab. Is he a great online shopper or something? :dafuq: Those aren't skills.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 pm

It sorta matters here. Or at least it should as I work at a software company. It's not as important as being an engineer though. Everything about this dude is real fishy especially after checking out his linkedin. Now I know linkedin isn't a resume but there's a strange 7 year gap after he graduated HS to his next (first?) job. Remember he told our manager he has an associates but curiously it's not there.

The thing I find hilarious is that he lists amazon, ebay, walmart, overstock, and newegg under his "skills" tab. Is he a great online shopper or something? :dafuq: Those aren't skills.
I wish I could have sat in on this guy's job interview for the position.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 pm

I wish I could have sat in on this guy's job interview for the position.
Me too. It was all phone interviews too. My manager is based in CA. Position is in PA. He never thought about bringing the guy in so we could ask him questions in person.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Maybe tell bossman on the 1 on 1 that with his hiring paperwork he forgot to get a copy of his degree and needs to update it for HR's filing or some shit.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Speaking of unqualified employees. Back when I used to deliver in Dominos, different subject I know, he came to US and could barely speak english. His friend who does applied on his behalf, granted there’s obviously no requirement for a degree in that position. Anyhow, he started on his first day, we were all greeting him, thats when i noticed something was off. He did his first delivery and we got a call saying “wheres our pizza”, turns out that was his delivery. Needless to say he couldn’t work for it anymore, and left the store bitching in arabic or persian.

Yes its not that hard for anyone to attain that job as long as you speak english. But if you’re gonna do a job like that, you gotta able to communicate to begin with.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Closing in on creepy co-worker's 6 month anniversary!! He now brings in a big black tacticool backpack he leaves on his desk.

Today marks the end of 23 weeks!! He still hasn't spoken to anyone.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm Closing in on creepy co-worker's 6 month anniversary!! He now brings in a big black tacticool backpack he leaves on his desk.

Maybe get that run through a metal detector everyone once in awhile...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm Closing in on creepy co-worker's 6 month anniversary!! He now brings in a big black tacticool backpack he leaves on his desk.

It's a 6-pack bag full of tupperware and meals! He's bulking and can't expend any extra energy talking to anyone. Full blown bodybuilder.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:

I really want to know what's in it. It's not his laptop bag because he doesn't bring it home with him. He doesn't do sportsball so it's not a gym bag and even if it was, why would you bring it in to the office if you don't get changed here? And when he brings lunch it's usually in a separate lunch bag.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:48 pm

It's a 6-pack bag full of tupperware and meals! He's bulking and can't expend any extra energy talking to anyone. Full blown bodybuilder.
:notbad: Curlz while working.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

3D printed AK
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:22 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:48 pm I really want to know what's in it. It's not his laptop bag because he doesn't bring it home with him. He doesn't do sportsball so it's not a gym bag and even if it was, why would you bring it in to the office if you don't get changed here? And when he brings lunch it's usually in a separate lunch bag.

Please please please say something to HR and security. Please. If you need me to call your security guy I happily will.
:dat:

Ossifer :[user not found]: will swing the gavel of :alpo: Justice
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:48 pm I really want to know what's in it. It's not his laptop bag because he doesn't bring it home with him. He doesn't do sportsball so it's not a gym bag and even if it was, why would you bring it in to the office if you don't get changed here? And when he brings lunch it's usually in a separate lunch bag.

Please please please say something to HR and security. Please. If you need me to call your security guy I happily will.
I already told my boss about how creepy he is and he said he'd contact HR. I told him and so did another guy on my team. That was maybe a month ago.

He started bringing in the backpack a few weeks ago. Still very curious to what's in it as I mentioned he doesn't bring his laptop home with him.

razr390

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am Mention it again. Seriously.
Or just go to HR yourself...?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am Mention it again. Seriously.
We don't have HR in the building. My company is a joke.

There's so much office shit that makes me :rage: at this place. Both on the company and the building owner.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:58 am

There's so much office shit that makes me :rage: at this place. Both on the company and the building owner.
:wtf:

No HR in the building? :nope:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 am

Yup. They scrapped them a while ago.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:38 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 am

Yup. They scrapped them a while ago.
:crang:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Backpack in question. He bought lunch today. Yes, that's a velcro trollface. :rolleyes:

razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm Backpack in question. He bought lunch today. Yes, that's a velcro trollface. :rolleyes:

Anything about him that you could describe that he may have in common with the tacticool stuff? Phone case/knives/paracord/cargo pants/etc
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Then be sure to bring him candy and be extra nice to him. So when he goes postal he spares you.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Then be sure to bring him candy and be extra nice to him. So when he goes postal he spares you.
:dat:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:58 am We don't have HR in the building. My company is a joke.

I think we're past that period and he just found the side entrance. That's the door I'd use to escape if I could make it.
razr390 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm Backpack in question. He bought lunch today. Yes, that's a velcro trollface. :rolleyes:

Anything about him that you could describe that he may have in common with the tacticool stuff? Phone case/knives/paracord/cargo pants/etc
No. Anyone who uses trollfaces in public is not tacticool. And why would itrude cases be tacticool?

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I think we're past that period and he just found the side entrance. That's the door I'd use to escape if I could make it.
razr390 wrote:
No. Anyone who uses trollfaces in public is not tacticool. And why would itrude cases be tacticool?

Take a daily stroll around the office. If you see that door chained you should probably step out to get a cup of covfefe at the local wawa.