Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Devilchrono wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:08 pm As in you cold called HR and got them to give you the manager's info to call him, and he actually responded? :impressive: :alpo:
No, I applied for the job after I saw it on like Monster or Indeed or something like that. But, I called HR after not hearing anything for a week. She was shocked, but agreed to read over my resume and called me back the next day to schedule a phone interview by the end of the week. That lasted over an hour because of the questions I asked just trying to get a better understanding of the job and company. Two days later, I got another call wanting to schedule an interview with the hiring manager, which lasted an hour. That one ended with him stating he'd have HR call me by the end of the day to schedule an in-person interview, and I had one at the end of that week. The whole process took just over 3 weeks before I had an offer letter for a job, and I was in contact with HR at least twice a week that whole time, whether it be them reaching out to me for information or me just asking if they needed anything from me or about the status of my application. That persistence paid off for me, but I get that not every person or company operates the same way. For instance, our new HR people probably wouldn't tolerate that as much, but they do seem to like people following up at least once every two weeks from what I've seen.
That's still some :alpo: level luck for them to respond so well to cold calling. Good for you I guess.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:27 pm
Devilchrono wrote:
No, I applied for the job after I saw it on like Monster or Indeed or something like that. But, I called HR after not hearing anything for a week. She was shocked, but agreed to read over my resume and called me back the next day to schedule a phone interview by the end of the week. That lasted over an hour because of the questions I asked just trying to get a better understanding of the job and company. Two days later, I got another call wanting to schedule an interview with the hiring manager, which lasted an hour. That one ended with him stating he'd have HR call me by the end of the day to schedule an in-person interview, and I had one at the end of that week. The whole process took just over 3 weeks before I had an offer letter for a job, and I was in contact with HR at least twice a week that whole time, whether it be them reaching out to me for information or me just asking if they needed anything from me or about the status of my application. That persistence paid off for me, but I get that not every person or company operates the same way. For instance, our new HR people probably wouldn't tolerate that as much, but they do seem to like people following up at least once every two weeks from what I've seen.
That's still some :alpo: level luck for them to respond so well to cold calling. Good for you I guess.
I called my HR person at current job because they effectively weren’t going to call me back (because I asked for more than the role was paying) and it got me hired
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:27 pm That's still some :alpo: level luck for them to respond so well to cold calling. Good for you I guess.
I called my HR person at current job because they effectively weren’t going to call me back (because I asked for more than the role was paying) and it got me hired
After the interview? That's different.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm
razr390 wrote:
After the interview? That's different.
Well, once you apply you could call HR and ask them stuff.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm After the interview? That's different.
Well, once you apply you could call HR and ask them stuff.
Generating an interview from that is full on :alpo: tongue status AFAIK. :lickit:

What do you ask them to convince them to interview you? I've never heard of that.

This is what I need to learn - how to manipulate people.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 pm
razr390 wrote: Well, once you apply you could call HR and ask them stuff.
Generating an interview from that is full on :alpo: tongue status AFAIK. :lickit:

What do you ask them to convince them to interview you? I've never heard of that.

It’s not about manipulation. Good HR and hiring managers can see right through that it’s about showing genuine interest in:

A. The role
B. The company
C. The opportunity to better yourself and the company
D. All of the above

If you show no passion or drive you’ll be a hard sell.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 pm Generating an interview from that is full on :alpo: tongue status AFAIK. :lickit:

It’s not about manipulation. Good HR and hiring managers can see right through that it’s about showing genuine interest in:

A. The role
B. The company
D. All of the above

Keyword used twice there: Show.

Actual abilities/thoughts are irrelevant, the question is how to properly show HR/managers what they want to see. Who applies for a job that they don't want?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm
razr390 wrote:

A. The role
B. The company
D. All of the above

Actual abilities/thoughts are irrelevant, the question is how to properly show HR/managers what they want to see. Who applies for a job that they don't want?

What do you have to lose exactly?
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm
razr390 wrote:

A. The role
B. The company
D. All of the above

A company hires first and foremost candidates that will fit well with their company and their specific team cultures. This will yield a productive employee regardless of role or job description. Anything else is a bonus and/or can be taught, save for actual technical skills.

It is all a balance. Truthfully, you should look into working for the NSA. They don’t talk much nor do they trust each other so the work environment is very introverted.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm Keyword used twice there: Show.

A company hires first and foremost candidates that will fit well with their company and their specific team cultures. This will yield a productive employee regardless of role or job description. Anything else is a bonus and/or can be taught, save for actual technical skills.

It is all a balance. Truthfully, you should look into working for the NSA. They don’t talk much nor do they trust each other so the work environment is very introverted.
:notsure:

What questions do you ask HR on a cold call to show that you are worth interviewing?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm
razr390 wrote:

:notsure:

What questions do you ask HR on a cold call to show that you are worth interviewing?
My recruiters pitch me people all the time with lines like "They are really good conversationalists" and "I think they'll fit with your team, they are really quick and witty!". This tells me that if you are persistent in calling the recruiters and chat them up, it can't hurt. The recruiter generally is just trying to fill reqs and would love me to hire anyone and everyone they send my way, so getting them to be an advocate for you to the managers is actually a good idea.
troyguitar

I don't even know where to begin here. Is "recruiter" synonymous with HR?

You just call these people whom you have never met up cold and start talking about... That local sports team? Ask them about their kids? How the fuck does this work?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Quick update on the creepy co-worker:

We're now at 8 months and he has not initiated any sort of verbal communication with anyone in the office. If someone comes over and asks about something he's working on he'll speak to them.

Still has the strange backpack and he still wears a big heavy leather jacket all day that he doesn't take off. Nobody in the office walks around with a winter jacket on all day.

His new thing is staying at his desk for 9 hours straight. No coffee, no bathroom, no lunch break, nothing. Comes in and doesn't get out of the chair all day.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:09 pm Quick update on the creepy co-worker:

We're now at 8 months and he has not initiated any sort of verbal communication with anyone in the office. If someone comes over and asks about something he's working on he'll speak to them.

Still has the strange backpack and he still wears a big heavy leather jacket all day that he doesn't take off. Nobody in the office walks around with a winter jacket on all day.

His new thing is staying at his desk for 9 hours straight. No coffee, no bathroom, no lunch break, nothing. Comes in and doesn't get out of the chair all day.
I was wondering about this the other day. Go up and ask him if he's okay? Maybe then he'll at least shoot you in the head instead of the body and end things quick when he does break down.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:11 pm

I was wondering about this the other day. Go up and ask him if he's okay? Maybe then he'll at least shoot you in the head instead of the body and end things quick when he does break down.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

That is VERY bizarre :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That creepy dude might be on aderrall, or has a big can of monster on his way to work. You should check his interior
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:That creepy dude might be on aderrall, or has a big can of monster on his way to work. You should check his interior
I do know his car. It's a late 2000's Elantra. Scarf wrapped around the passenger seat headrest rods. Rear passenger headrest is in it's furthest position out so it's rubbing against the back glass.

Also over the summer we noticed he had a bat in his car but told us on his first day he doesn't play or watch any sports aside from soccer. I guess the bat is just for beating minorities then. :iono:
wap wrote:That is VERY bizarre :doe:
I feel like I need a disclaimer with these posts. I'm not exaggerating whatsoever. This is actually shit that has happened or is happening.
SAWCE wrote:

Certainly a possibility. I'm definitely first to go since I sit right next to him. My manager is coming in in a couple of weeks and it'll be the first time he's met this guy face to face.

I don't remember if I included it among my other posts but a common initial theory was that he was just :millennial:. That theory has been disproven as we know the year he graduated high school. He is 30 years old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:03 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:That creepy dude might be on aderrall, or has a big can of monster on his way to work. You should check his interior
I do know his car. It's a late 2000's Elantra. Scarf wrapped around the passenger seat headrest rods. Rear passenger headrest is in it's furthest position out so it's rubbing against the back glass.

Also over the summer we noticed he had a bat in his car but told us on his first day he doesn't play or watch any sports aside from soccer. I guess the bat is just for beating minorities then. :iono:
wap wrote:That is VERY bizarre :doe:
I feel like I need a disclaimer with these posts. I'm not exaggerating whatsoever. This is actually shit that has happened or is happening.
SAWCE wrote:
Certainly a possibility. I'm definitely first to go since I sit right next to him. My manager is coming in in a couple of weeks and it'll be the first time he's met this guy face to face.

I don't remember if I included it among my other posts but a common initial theory was that he was just :millennial:. That theory has been disproven as we know the year he graduated high school. He is 30 years old.

Same age as me. Technically a millennial still, as much as I hate that that term applies to myself. I still think he’s just a quiet/socially awkward dude. Ive definitely gone months at new jobs where I never initiated conversation with anyone.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Same age as me. Technically a millennial still, as much as I hate that that term applies to myself. I still think he’s just a quiet/socially awkward dude. Ive definitely gone months at new jobs where I never initiated conversation with anyone.
Who knows. Although plenty of people find it bizarre. A guy who sits on the other side of me who only comes in to the office once a week asked me what his deal was.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Being socially awkward/quiet is still fine, but however, things like wearing a jacket indoors all day, not going for lunch break, not drinking coffee, etc. those caught my eye and I would feel pretty shady about that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

About my ex coworker girl that i mentioned earlier on this thread. I was at the mall that she lives right next to it and as I was walking with the azn I’m currently dating, we had awkward walk bys, like she was trying to face towards me and I can tell by her facial expression as she used to do that at work. I felt a little awkward when I saw her, if y’all are curious on what happened with her at my work place, look for the post for it on probably 1st or 2nd page
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Being socially awkward/quiet is still fine, but however, things like wearing a jacket indoors all day, not going for lunch break, not drinking coffee, etc. those caught my eye and I would feel pretty shady about that.
:dat:
And no bathroom breaks, either? :wtf: Is the dude wearing Depends?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm Being socially awkward/quiet is still fine, but however, things like wearing a jacket indoors all day, not going for lunch break, not drinking coffee, etc. those caught my eye and I would feel pretty shady about that.
Image Probably is wearing depends.

There's a big power cord underneath his desk which powers the whole cube wall and we say it doubles as a catheter so he never has to get up.

wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 am
wap wrote:
Image Probably is wearing depends.

There's a big power cord underneath his desk which powers the whole cube wall and we say it doubles as a catheter so he never has to get up.

:lol: