Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

People understanding only the small portion of their job they do day to day. You need to learn what all your roles and responsibilities are. I am tired of running around performing other people jobs and then turning into a belly button for people to task.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Oh my. Oh my oh my.

I despise open offices. Tech places seem to love it, but the people making the decisions on open office layouts have no idea what it is like to try and write code. I lead with that, as it is relevant to a lot of my gripes

Taking phone calls at your desk. We have meeting rooms and phone booths that are usually available. And an event space with nice as Blue Dot furniture. Stop being a huge distraction to everyone around you.

We also have a full kitchen with dishes, but no "cleaning crew". But this isn't your house, and your s/o is not here to clean up after you. My prior product manager, who has moved back to SF, would constantly leave half full coffee cups and dirty dishes at his desk, right next to me. Fucking. Gross. We have a dishwasher, fucking load it, unload it, run it.

I try really hard to not be an asshole about food since I have an unfortunate and difficult allergy, but agree on the "fuck yous" to overly picky people.

This is less of a complaint but more of a personal mantra - don't talk to me about politics, religion, and other sensitive issues at work. I get it, you hate Trump, so do I, but I don't need your reading/lamenting/anguish over every fucking tweet to be broadcast. Also, I get that you love guns! Great! It's Texas, I am not surprised. But please stop bitching about the "no carry" signs at our office door and how it infringes on your rights. This is a private company, on private property. Go find another job if you really dislike it that much.

Lastly, Slack (work chat for those not familiar). Stop alerting everyone in the room about your minor issue, 173 people didn't need to know. This is the new email "reply all" and it is fucking infuriating, esp. when you are in a role where sometimes those notifications are emergencies, so you have to look.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

stripethree wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 pm Oh my. Oh my oh my.

I despise open offices. Tech places seem to love it, but the people making the decisions on open office layouts have no idea what it is like to try and write code. I lead with that, as it is relevant to a lot of my gripes

Taking phone calls at your desk. We have meeting rooms and phone booths that are usually available. And an event space with nice as Blue Dot furniture. Stop being a huge distraction to everyone around you.

We also have a full kitchen with dishes, but no "cleaning crew". But this isn't your house, and your s/o is not here to clean up after you. My prior product manager, who has moved back to SF, would constantly leave half full coffee cups and dirty dishes at his desk, right next to me. Fucking. Gross. We have a dishwasher, fucking load it, unload it, run it.

I try really hard to not be an asshole about food since I have an unfortunate and difficult allergy, but agree on the "fuck yous" to overly picky people.

This is less of a complaint but more of a personal mantra - don't talk to me about politics, religion, and other sensitive issues at work. I get it, you hate Trump, so do I, but I don't need your reading/lamenting/anguish over every fucking tweet to be broadcast. Also, I get that you love guns! Great! It's Texas, I am not surprised. But please stop bitching about the "no carry" signs at our office door and how it infringes on your rights. This is a private company, on private property. Go find another job if you really dislike it that much.

Lastly, Slack (work chat for those not familiar). Stop alerting everyone in the room about your minor issue, 173 people didn't need to know. This is the new email "reply all" and it is fucking infuriating, esp. when you are in a role where sometimes those notifications are emergencies, so you have to look.
We use slack a ton in our industry as I can have ongoing vendor group communication for multiple events at a time. Vendors that use it as a group text make me :rage:

It’s unspoken industry standard in Indianapolis. If you can’t function in it without annoying everyone then at least stick to email where you’re easier to ignore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Nepotism. Our CFO several years ago hired his nephew right out of a stint in the navy to be an inside salesperson. Kid was pretty much a cocky douche but not an idiot and ended up doing a decent job. Then a couple years later the CFO hired his other nephew (first one's kid brother). Nice kid, almost as bright as his big brother, but ended up :nope: ing out and went back to his previous job stocking shelves for Costco. So then CFO hired his oldest son, first during the Christmas holiday and over the summer when he was home from college, then permanently when he graduated. THEN, a few years later, CFO hired his fucking daughter. She's ok, very quiet like her brother, who is kind of a dick. Oh, CFO also hired his son's buddy. Also, nephew was made a fucking VP a couple years ago and is on his THIRD company car.

Fuck all y'all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm Nepotism. Our CFO several years ago hired his nephew right out of a stint in the navy to be an inside salesperson. Kid was pretty much a cocky douche but not an idiot and ended up doing a decent job. Then a couple years later the CFO hired his other nephew (first one's kid brother). Nice kid, almost as bright as his big brother, but ended up :nope: ing out and went back to his previous job stocking shelves for Costco. So then CFO hired his oldest son, first during the Christmas holiday and over the summer when he was home from college, then permanently when he graduated. THEN, a few years later, CFO hired his fucking daughter. She's ok, very quiet like her brother, who is kind of a dick. Oh, CFO also hired his son's buddy. Also, nephew was made a fucking VP a couple years ago and is on his THIRD company car.

Fuck all y'all.
mah :wap: :rage: :fshitup:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:
wap wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm Nepotism. Our CFO several years ago hired his nephew right out of a stint in the navy to be an inside salesperson. Kid was pretty much a cocky douche but not an idiot and ended up doing a decent job. Then a couple years later the CFO hired his other nephew (first one's kid brother). Nice kid, almost as bright as his big brother, but ended up :nope: ing out and went back to his previous job stocking shelves for Costco. So then CFO hired his oldest son, first during the Christmas holiday and over the summer when he was home from college, then permanently when he graduated. THEN, a few years later, CFO hired his fucking daughter. She's ok, very quiet like her brother, who is kind of a dick. Oh, CFO also hired his son's buddy. Also, nephew was made a fucking VP a couple years ago and is on his THIRD company car.

Fuck all y'all.
mah :wap: :rage: :fshitup:
:dat:

Light dat bish on fire and be done with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

stripethree wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 pm Oh my. Oh my oh my.

:dat:

When I was in our music dept., I'd go to all these clients (mostly music recording studios and colleges) and these artistic types are the fucking worst about shoving everything down everyone's throats and assuming everyone is always with them. Regardless of if I'm with them or not, keep that shit at home/at the bar/whatever.

Even the churches I now go to to do broadcast demos are far less preachy than the artistic fucks, and actually never bring up religion during professional meetings, trainings, and demos.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Melon wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:32 am Bullshitting.

Don't get me wrong, I love to chat chat, but FFS.

I get in at 6, doesn't meant I need to have a sit down with the other people who get in early for 1/2 an hour daily. Then, as people roll in, I don't need a conversation that lasts 30 min every fuck morning, say hello, if someone is obviously busy (headphones in, staring at monitor when talking) then fuck off mate.

30 min before lunch, jibber jabber, got lunch for 1.5 hours, talk for another 30 min about how to eat sushi.

:dafuq:

I mean, I get not being busy, but do something, there's programs to learn, papers to tidy up. It wouldn't bother me if this was a few times a week, but it's daily. My dept. is notorious for this too, they've begun to move people across the building as a result.
I take lunches at 11 instead of 12 like everyone else. When I started it we had a full crew and I had about 4 interns reporting to me... So me leaving early allowed me to go home and eat at peace, and gave them an hour to figure out their own solutions to 3d related problems. When I came back in at 12, everyone was gone, so I had a full hour to get my own shit done. It's funny but when I was staying a little late I got more shit done in that 5-6oclock hour than all afternoon.

Luckily we don't really hire many people that are green so the questions they ask are more along the lines of "what's the company's protocol on XYZ?"
Barnes93cb

The saying if you do your job well enough you can do others too. Yeah that came true today.

Theyre moving a person off my team because they think I can work better one deep in a two person position. (I dont think theyre wrong)
But my days are going to get hectic.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm
Fuck all y'all.
+10 Point for correct use of 'Fuck all y'all'
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

People that have no ambition to Google something to fix a small issue.

:rage:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Fuck all y'all.
How the fuck did he managed to get a 3rd company car in such a short time?

If it was me, two words from the cheeto, you’re fired.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 pm People that have no ambition to Google something to fix a small issue.

https://lmgtfy.com/
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 pm People that have no ambition to Google something to fix a small issue.

https://lmgtfy.com/
:dat: is always a good response.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

PEOPLE THAT DONT INSERT A directory PATH WITH HYPERLINK

ITS 3 MORE CLICKS.

:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
:triggered: :dubshow: :triggered:

wap

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am The saying if you do your job well enough you can do others too. Yeah that came true today.

Theyre moving a person off my team because they think I can work better one deep in a two person position. (I dont think theyre wrong)
Ahh. What I call "the curse of competence". :rage: -worthy for sure.
wap

Melon wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 am
wap wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm
Fuck all y'all.
+10 Point for correct use of 'Fuck all y'all'
:bow:

Any extra points for knowing this while being an urban Northerner?
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Fuck all y'all.
How the fuck did he managed to get a 3rd company car in such a short time?

If it was me, two words from the cheeto, you’re fired.
First one was when we fired a manager at a regional office. There was still a couple years left on the lease of their company car (it was a Corolla) so the CFO just gave the car to his nephew to run out the lease.
Second one was when another regional manager's lease was up on his GMC SUV (Terrain? Can't :member: ) so we bought his car out and sent it here and replaced the nephew's Corolla when that lease was up.
When the GMC needed new tars the CFO said to just trade it in on 3rd (current) company car, which is a new Hyundai Santa Fe.

:rolleyes:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:49 pm PEOPLE THAT DONT INSERT A directory PATH WITH HYPERLINK

ITS 3 MORE CLICKS.

:triggered: :dubshow: :triggered:

I love it when people link to a file on a network drive.

G:folder/folder

SHIT DON'T WORK BRAH GOTTA MAP DAT NETWORK DOE :rage:

Or they say "it's on the public drive" or whatever because on their computer they have a hyperlink to a folder named Public on one of our random network drives.
Barnes93cb

wap wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am The saying if you do your job well enough you can do others too. Yeah that came true today.

Ahh. What I call "the curse of competence". :rage: -worthy for sure.
Its going to enable me to have a stronger role in whats happening. I wont have to possibly spend hours fixing my night shifts mistakes. But it also means there is a chance some days I will be both day and night shift.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

How can someone function in an office and not speak to anyone? :amazing:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Gberg2119 wrote:I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

Sounds like he has an awesome job.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

How can someone function in an office and not speak to anyone? :amazing:
:iono:

I think he uses Skype to message people who work remote. But as far as anyone in person? There's 0 contact.

lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

I’ve been at my new job almost a year now and surprisingly every single person here has good habits. We have a couple people who are loud talkers but otherwise this place is a fucking sanctuary.

My last job, doe. Woof. I could dedicate an entire thread to shit that happened there. A short list of regular occurrences:

- verbal fights. Just all god damn day.

- Office supply guy couldn’t make it into the toilet and just pissed absolutely everywhere. So when he left I’d have to clean up his piss so I could use the bathroom.

- Customers would ask to use our bathroom, wipe their ass with paper towels, and then throw the paper towels in the trash can. Wherever they came from didn’t have proper plumbing ... so shit tickets are a bathroom trash can item for them. :gag:

- “Not my job” attitude.

- Drug use on and off the job. The secretary was popping xanax and then googling medications that were enhanced by drinking grapefruit juice.

- Alcohol use on and off the job. I had to fire a guy after he drove a delivery truck into a keypad at a police station and then left the scene. A few days later we found his stash of mini liquor bottles.

- babysitting grown ass men. Tons of work to do and they’re sitting around doing fucking nothing.

- Same grown ass men being gossipy little cunts. They’d spread rumors about employees, management, and customers to anyone willing to listen. So and so is gay, this guy called out sick because he went to jail, etc. I remember several about me getting back to me from my customers, “hey I heard you dropped out of school”, “hey congrats on the pregnancy!” :bruh:

- Sexism and sexual harassment being swept under the rug as someone “being from a different time” or “that isn’t frowned upon in their country”.

I’m glad I quit.