MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 am
wap wrote:
:dat:
And no bathroom breaks, either? :wtf: Is the dude wearing Depends?
Image Probably is wearing depends.

There's a big power cord underneath his desk which powers the whole cube wall and we say it doubles as a catheter so he never has to get up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
This just speaks :bruh: with a capital B. Is it really that hard just to take a min or 2 off for a bathroom break. Is he like a robot or an actual robot?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

What's made me rage recently was three months ago they let go of 19 of the 30 team members we had in my department due to a sale of retail operations (and the buyer pulling out of their service contract 18mo early), the VP of IT comes in tells us that we aren't moving to the Texas HQ and then *magically* last Monday we're being told they're consolidating the Retail IT desk and we're handed relocation packets.

Oh, they only gave us until yesterday to make up our minds on packing our shit and moving to Dallas whilst being stuck in a 2-3yr contract due to teh relocation costs.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:17 pm What's made me rage recently was three months ago they let go of 19 of the 30 team members we had in my department due to a sale of retail operations (and the buyer pulling out of their service contract 18mo early), the VP of IT comes in tells us that we aren't moving to the Texas HQ and then *magically* last Monday we're being told they're consolidating the Retail IT desk and we're handed relocation packets.

Oh, they only gave us until yesterday to make up our minds on packing our shit and moving to Dallas whilst being stuck in a 2-3yr contract due to teh relocation costs.
That's wack. You gonna make the move?
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:17 pm What's made me rage recently was three months ago they let go of 19 of the 30 team members we had in my department due to a sale of retail operations (and the buyer pulling out of their service contract 18mo early), the VP of IT comes in tells us that we aren't moving to the Texas HQ and then *magically* last Monday we're being told they're consolidating the Retail IT desk and we're handed relocation packets.

Nope, taking the bunkass severance once they figure out the end date for our team. If it were a temp thing I'd have probably gone but my house is in no condition to sell at the moment and with the company changing directions every 6 months whos to say I'll get shitcanned a month after getting down there :lol: yay big oil.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Nope, taking the bunkass severance once they figure out the end date for our team. If it were a temp thing I'd have probably gone but my house is in no condition to sell at the moment and with the company changing directions every 6 months whos to say I'll get shitcanned a month after getting down there :lol: yay big oil.
Big oil? You should hit up Johnny :wasteful: and move to the grandest of corporate offices.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Retail Help Desk, dealt with POS quirks/issues as well as ensuring the financial info can be transferred onto their office PC.

In other words:

Johnny_P

3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Retail Help Desk, dealt with POS quirks/issues as well as ensuring the financial info can be transferred onto their office PC.

In other words:

I can ask if we have openings in our helpdesk/IT area but I don't think they currently do. Dtraill27 does IT/helpdesk type stuff up in Wilkes Barre area.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm

In other words:

I can ask if we have openings in our helpdesk/IT area but I don't think they currently do. Dtraill27 does IT/helpdesk type stuff up in Wilkes Barre area.
We're waiting on an end date to be given, but much appreciated. I was a Field Tech for a few years in the bar/restaurant world and this was dealing with gas stations so there were a lot more things to watch. May end up starting a POS service company for the hospitality industry but we'll see what the other guy has laid out already in that regard.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I cleaned up both Bridgeports yesterday before I left work only to come in this morning and both were fucking filthy again. That shit pisses me off leave it how you found it.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

AUTODESK INVENTOR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE EVER CREATED. Without a doubt, the most frustrating and bass ackwards parametric modeling software I've ever dealt with. Fuck this piece of shit.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am AUTODESK INVENTOR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE EVER CREATED. Without a doubt, the most frustrating and bass ackwards parametric modeling software I've ever dealt with. Fuck this piece of shit.
go on. tell us how you feel.

Im on a bunkass version of cad plant 3d. It has corrupted itself and loses its connection to lic server way too often. Which it then bricks my computer and i have to hard restart.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am AUTODESK INVENTOR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE EVER CREATED. Without a doubt, the most frustrating and bass ackwards parametric modeling software I've ever dealt with. Fuck this piece of shit.
I used Inventor in HS, I didn't think it was bad?
I've got multiple Solidworks certifications and am one of about 30 certified Solidworks Professionals in the state (from info that's public on their certifications online). I know a shit ton of best practices for parametric modeling and Inventor doesn't make any sense on a handful of levels. I can dissect problematic models and assemblies all day in Solidworks. Inventor does things so differently in a few cases, and there's SO MUCH MOAR CLICKING INVOLVED. I swear, so much right clicking to accept shit. I'm to the point where I'm wanting to tell me boss to spend an hour just putting hardware into this one assembly I'm working on and then tell me how he likes it.

We're only using it for this one customer, and I could of easily done this thing in a quarter of the time in Solidworks because of how it handles weldments.
I totally understand that there's probably a good bit of user error and PEBKAC, but it's over a limit that's acceptable when things make absolutely zero sense.
Oh you mated those 2 parts on the right plane, you should be able to twist it along that plane and they'll stay parallel. OH WAIT IN INVENTOR YOU CAN FUCKING USE THE ROTATE PART TOOL AND TOTALLY BYPASS THE MATE YOU JUST CREATED! OH HOW FUCKING LOGICAL!

One major thing I read is that people that start in one program and jump to the other feel the same about the other. People that started in Inventor think Solidworks make no sense. People that start in Solidworks hate inventor. Each program does a few things better than the other, but it shouldn't be such a hair pulling experience just to get some simple shit done.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

I've got multiple Solidworks certifications and am one of about 30 certified Solidworks Professionals in the state (from info that's public on their certifications online). I know a shit ton of best practices for parametric modeling and Inventor doesn't make any sense on a handful of levels. I can dissect problematic models and assemblies all day in Solidworks. Inventor does things so differently in a few cases, and there's SO MUCH MOAR CLICKING INVOLVED. I swear, so much right clicking to accept shit. I'm to the point where I'm wanting to tell me boss to spend an hour just putting hardware into this one assembly I'm working on and then tell me how he likes it.

We're only using it for this one customer, and I could of easily done this thing in a quarter of the time in Solidworks because of how it handles weldments.
I totally understand that there's probably a good bit of user error and PEBKAC, but it's over a limit that's acceptable when things make absolutely zero sense.
Oh you mated those 2 parts on the right plane, you should be able to twist it along that plane and they'll stay parallel. OH WAIT IN INVENTOR YOU CAN FUCKING USE THE ROTATE PART TOOL AND TOTALLY BYPASS THE MATE YOU JUST CREATED! OH HOW FUCKING LOGICAL!

One major thing I read is that people that start in one program and jump to the other feel the same about the other. People that started in Inventor think Solidworks make no sense. People that start in Solidworks hate inventor. Each program does a few things better than the other, but it shouldn't be such a hair pulling experience just to get some simple shit done.
I started in autocad and moved to solidworks.

Solidworks is better. /thread.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

I decided that the new girl at work next to me smells like weird cheese. Took me a while to pin down the scent, but I think that the most accurate relation. :thisisfine:
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am I decided that the new girl at work next to me smells like weird cheese. Took me a while to pin down the scent, but I think that the most accurate relation. :thisisfine:
When I was full blown keto mode, I woulda been all over that. Lol
SAWCE

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:46 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am I decided that the new girl at work next to me smells like weird cheese. Took me a while to pin down the scent, but I think that the most accurate relation. :thisisfine:
:lolgasm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So my ex coworker and my other ex cowerker that I mentioned before on here who is a mixed :crang: :derp: :rage: :sass: all together got a baby from an unwanted/1 night stand pregnancy. The other coworker (who I'm good friends with) took a picture when she saw them with a stroller and her mom (whose rarely here btw). Funny thing is, even though the girl is rich and sponsored by daddys money (whose in her 30's that has no financial responsibilities whatsoever) told me and couple other coworkers saying "its too much money to have a kid" and what do you know...
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

Using AutoCAD/Autodesk for 3D stuff is :disappoint: in general.

We used AutoCAD in college. I'm proficient in it. Then we started to use Pro/Engineer and :mindblown: better. So much more intuitive, not even funny. From what I've seen Solidworks is even better.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm So my ex coworker and my other ex cowerker that I mentioned before on here who is a mixed :crang: :derp: :rage: :sass: all together got a baby from an unwanted/1 night stand pregnancy. The other coworker (who I'm good friends with) took a picture when she saw them with a stroller and her mom (whose rarely here btw). Funny thing is, even though the girl is rich and sponsored by daddys money (whose in her 30's that has no financial responsibilities whatsoever) told me and couple other coworkers saying "its too much money to have a kid" and what do you know...
Pics?
Johnny_P

POTD
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm So my ex coworker and my other ex cowerker that I mentioned before on here who is a mixed :crang: :derp: :rage: :sass: all together got a baby from an unwanted/1 night stand pregnancy. The other coworker (who I'm good friends with) took a picture when she saw them with a stroller and her mom (whose rarely here btw). Funny thing is, even though the girl is rich and sponsored by daddys money (whose in her 30's that has no financial responsibilities whatsoever) told me and couple other coworkers saying "its too much money to have a kid" and what do you know...
Pics?
You asked for it :lol: , from her Facebook which I unfriended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Quick update on my creepy co-worker. Next week will be a year and he still hasn't spoken to us.

:impressive:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:35 pm Quick update on my creepy co-worker. Next week will be a year and he still hasn't spoken to us.

:impressive:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Damn the torpedoes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.