Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm I think we're past that period and he just found the side entrance. That's the door I'd use to escape if I could make it. No. Anyone who uses trollfaces in public is not tacticool. And why would itrude cases be tacticool?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Take a daily stroll around the office. If you see that door chained you should probably step out to get a cup of covfefe at the local wawa.
I most certainly will. Unfortunately I sit right next to him so I'd be first to go.

Crazy to think this week is 6 months and he hasn't spoken to any of us.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Then be sure to bring him candy and be extra nice to him. So when he goes postal he spares you.
I think we're past that period and he just found the side entrance. That's the door I'd use to escape if I could make it.
razr390 wrote:
Anything about him that you could describe that he may have in common with the tacticool stuff? Phone case/knives/paracord/cargo pants/etc
No. Anyone who uses trollfaces in public is not tacticool. And why would itrude cases be tacticool?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I was trying to see whether or not he has “tactical” gear otherwise. (Phone case/glasses/etc etc etc)
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Take a daily stroll around the office. If you see that door chained you should probably step out to get a cup of covfefe at the local wawa.
I most certainly will. Unfortunately I sit right next to him so I'd be first to go.

Does he ever get invited to meetings? Does he ever have to talk?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:12 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Does he ever get invited to meetings? Does he ever have to talk?
He only speaks if someone else initiates and even then it's not much. Occasionally a project manager will come over to tell him to do stuff and he'll respond with the bare minimum. Like "yeah, I'll take a look" and stuff like that.

They're open cubes here too. It's not like he's locked away somewhere isolated.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am Mention it again. Seriously.
What could it be, worst case scenario?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am Mention it again. Seriously.
Couple pounds of C4 with a cell phone trigger.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I get the worry, but I'll be surprised if this dude is actually a risk and isn't just a bit socially awkward.

In4results of backpack check :doe:
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm

:butwhy: would he be just carrying it around for weeks?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 pm I get the worry, but I'll be surprised if this dude is actually a risk and isn't just a bit socially awkward.

In4results of backpack check :doe:
:dat:
Apex

wap wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Build complacency amongst the coworkers until someone pisses him off and blows the building up? :iono:
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Build complacency amongst the coworkers until someone pisses him off and blows the building up? :iono:
:ohdang:
:doomed:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

You'd think someone going postal would have been with the company years and not months. :iono:

Still never seen or heard anything like this before. 6 months without speaking to anyone. I should print out a certificate of achievement and leave it on his desk... If he ever left it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Gotta carry around all those grievances in something
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Blah. Sitting at the office all by myself again.

When I started the company was Indianapolis-based and our office culture was amazing. Legit felt like family. But after the acquisition we were restructured in 2016, which removed a bunch of local management and put most of us under remote managers. Add in a few 6 month maternity leaves, no eyes on the office, and now every. single. person. works from home. I and the guy I've sat next to since I started had always still been coming in, but after I took 4 weeks off for paternity he got tired of being the only one here, so now he's working from home too.

It just fucking sucks. I swear, the whole telecommuting thing has completely ruined my experience in this gig. I don't really love or hate what I do, it's a job that challenges me and allows me to be entrepreneurial at times, but drones on and is monotonous at others. What made this place great were the people and the office culture, I could have been screwing bolts into wood and still had a blast here. But now the lights are off when I come in and I hardly see a single person all day. :rage:

:foreveralone:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:notsure:

Commuting is an epic waste of time and money. Don't do it if you don't need to.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 am :notsure:

Says the guy that always wonders how to get ahead in the work force and why he doesn't have the :alpo: luck everyone else has.

:hue:
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Says the guy that always wonders how to get ahead in the work force and why he doesn't have the :alpo: luck everyone else has.

...those posts are about the wife's career, who has never had the option of not commuting. I know why I'm not further ahead, but she should be doing better.

As usual you're twisting the truth to shit on me and my family. Thanks a lot.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

If you like being a hermit and sitting alone at home all the time, sure. For me, that shit gets old fast.
Apex

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 am Blah. Sitting at the office all by myself again.

When I started the company was Indianapolis-based and our office culture was amazing. Legit felt like family. But after the acquisition we were restructured in 2016, which removed a bunch of local management and put most of us under remote managers. Add in a few 6 month maternity leaves, no eyes on the office, and now every. single. person. works from home. I and the guy I've sat next to since I started had always still been coming in, but after I took 4 weeks off for paternity he got tired of being the only one here, so now he's working from home too.

It just fucking sucks. I swear, the whole telecommuting thing has completely ruined my experience in this gig. I don't really love or hate what I do, it's a job that challenges me and allows me to be entrepreneurial at times, but drones on and is monotonous at others. What made this place great were the people and the office culture, I could have been screwing bolts into wood and still had a blast here. But now the lights are off when I come in and I hardly see a single person all day. :rage:

:foreveralone:
These are my feels about working from home yesterday. It just felt weird to me.
:iono: I like having some personal face to face interactions with people.

Commute isn't terribad and I can :derp: along with some music blasting.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 pm
It sorta matters here. Or at least it should as I work at a software company. It's not as important as being an engineer though. Everything about this dude is real fishy especially after checking out his linkedin. Now I know linkedin isn't a resume but there's a strange 7 year gap after he graduated HS to his next (first?) job. Remember he told our manager he has an associates but curiously it's not there.

The thing I find hilarious is that he lists amazon, ebay, walmart, overstock, and newegg under his "skills" tab. Is he a great online shopper or something? :dafuq: Those aren't skills.
Strange. Here we do a full background check and they even go as far as to validate High School graduation. Anything on your application and resume will be verified and any discrepancies will be flagged as a potential show stopper.

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 pm

I wish I could have sat in on this guy's job interview for the position.
Me too. It was all phone interviews too. My manager is based in CA. Position is in PA. He never thought about bringing the guy in so we could ask him questions in person.
Okay, your manager is sounding like a worthless POS. If I hire someone in India they have to video conference interview, with the guys in the states and interview in person with the local team. It sounds to me like you have a new manager on your hands that doesn't understand the liabilities he is opening himself up for here. Even in a very open "At Will" employment state, it is not that simple to terminate someone without loads of documentation and corrective actions.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

...those posts are about the wife's career, who has never had the option of not commuting. I know why I'm not further ahead, but she should be doing better.

As usual, you think everyone is against you when they're not. If I wanted to shit on you or your family I would do it and you would know it, but I don't have any desire to do that. I'm poking fun at your work ethic you display in your comments, which may or may not be how you really are behind the computer.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am

If you like being a hermit and sitting alone at home all the time, sure. For me, that shit gets old fast.
I get cabin fever. Sometimes I work from home 3-5 days straight and usually do some crazy shit like not showering until 3pm, being shut in the house for those days and focusing only on work. Even getting out and going to the store makes me feel human again, so a regular schedule of going to work and seeing people is actually nice... now, working at home 1-2 days a week is great, don't get me wrong.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am I get cabin fever. Sometimes I work from home 3-5 days straight and usually do some crazy shit like not showering until 3pm, being shut in the house for those days and focusing only on work. Even getting out and going to the store makes me feel human again, so a regular schedule of going to work and seeing people is actually nice... now, working at home 1-2 days a week is great, don't get me wrong.
:dat:

The cabin fever gets real for me too. That coworker I'd mentioned and I had been doing the WFH thing just on Fridays, which was nice. 5x/week, though? :nope:
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am ...those posts are about the wife's career, who has never had the option of not commuting. I know why I'm not further ahead, but she should be doing better.

As usual, you think everyone is against you when they're not. If I wanted to shit on you or your family I would do it and you would know it, but I don't have any desire to do that. I'm poking fun at your work ethic you display in your comments, which may or may not be how you really are behind the computer.
Sorry it's not funny to me that I try to understand people and can't ever figure it out. This shit might be obvious to you but I don't get it - my wife does everything right every time and works as hard as anyone yet doesn't get ahead. It seems like you're implying that she is just lazy, because I have been trying to understand why she isn't succeeding and you are "poking fun" about work ethic?

Or are you mistakenly thinking that I was talking about myself? I know that I've done nothing right in my life since I was 5 years old. That's not new.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sorry it's not funny to me that I try to understand people and can't ever figure it out. This shit might be obvious to you but I don't get it - my wife does everything right every time and works as hard as anyone yet doesn't get ahead. It seems like you're implying that she is just lazy, because I have been trying to understand why she isn't succeeding and you are "poking fun" about work ethic?

Or are you mistakenly thinking that I was talking about myself? I know that I've done nothing right in my life since I was 5 years old. That's not new.
I've never commented on her situation. I saw you posting about it recently but pretty much stepped aside and let you go.

I was only commenting on what you have said about yourself in years past. I don't know your wife's situation, or your ability to accurately express all the points about it so I didn't want to comment. Personally, based on what I remember reading I do feel like she got mishandled and/or mis-managed and that put her into a bad position.