Office shit that makes you :rage:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

lagunasecaballs wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:25 pm I’ve been at my new job almost a year now and surprisingly every single person here has good habits. We have a couple people who are loud talkers but otherwise this place is a fucking sanctuary.

My last job, doe. Woof. I could dedicate an entire thread to shit that happened there. A short list of regular occurrences:

- verbal fights. Just all god damn day.

- Office supply guy couldn’t make it into the toilet and just pissed absolutely everywhere. So when he left I’d have to clean up his piss so I could use the bathroom.

- Customers would ask to use our bathroom, wipe their ass with paper towels, and then throw the paper towels in the trash can. Wherever they came from didn’t have proper plumbing ... so shit tickets are a bathroom trash can item for them. :gag:

- “Not my job” attitude.

- Drug use on and off the job. The secretary was popping xanax and then googling medications that were enhanced by drinking grapefruit juice.

- Alcohol use on and off the job. I had to fire a guy after he drove a delivery truck into a keypad at a police station and then left the scene. A few days later we found his stash of mini liquor bottles.

- babysitting grown ass men. Tons of work to do and they’re sitting around doing fucking nothing.

- Same grown ass men being gossipy little cunts. They’d spread rumors about employees, management, and customers to anyone willing to listen. So and so is gay, this guy called out sick because he went to jail, etc. I remember several about me getting back to me from my customers, “hey I heard you dropped out of school”, “hey congrats on the pregnancy!” :bruh:

- Sexism and sexual harassment being swept under the rug as someone “being from a different time” or “that isn’t frowned upon in their country”.

I’m glad I quit.
Wasn't there a family tie tho? That always amplifies it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

lagunasecaballs wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:25 pm I’ve been at my new job almost a year now and surprisingly every single person here has good habits. We have a couple people who are loud talkers but otherwise this place is a fucking sanctuary.

My last job, doe. Woof. I could dedicate an entire thread to shit that happened there. A short list of regular occurrences:

- Office supply guy couldn’t make it into the toilet and just pissed absolutely everywhere. So when he left I’d have to clean up his piss so I could use the bathroom.

- Customers would ask to use our bathroom, wipe their ass with paper towels, and then throw the paper towels in the trash can. Wherever they came from didn’t have proper plumbing ... so shit tickets are a bathroom trash can item for them. :gag:

- “Not my job” attitude.

- Drug use on and off the job. The secretary was popping xanax and then googling medications that were enhanced by drinking grapefruit juice.

- Alcohol use on and off the job. I had to fire a guy after he drove a delivery truck into a keypad at a police station and then left the scene. A few days later we found his stash of mini liquor bottles.

- babysitting grown ass men. Tons of work to do and they’re sitting around doing fucking nothing.

- Same grown ass men being gossipy little cunts. They’d spread rumors about employees, management, and customers to anyone willing to listen. So and so is gay, this guy called out sick because he went to jail, etc. I remember several about me getting back to me from my customers, “hey I heard you dropped out of school”, “hey congrats on the pregnancy!” :bruh:

- Sexism and sexual harassment being swept under the rug as someone “being from a different time” or “that isn’t frowned upon in their country”.

I’m glad I quit.
What's your current gig?
I thought you were working at a lighting supply place or something like that?

I could be totally off-base too.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Yeah I previously worked at an electrical supply house.

Now I work for a lighting agency/rep
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

dubshow wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm

- “Not my job” attitude.

I’m glad I quit.
Wasn't there a family tie tho? That always amplifies it.
Yeah I worked with my dad. That was a whole separate issue in itself. :triggered: :triggered:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

- “Not my job” attitude.

I’m glad I quit.
:amaze:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Wild.
Doesn't he bump into anyone in the kitchen or the bathroom who'll try to make small talk with him? Does he just ignore them then?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

- “Not my job” attitude.

I’m glad I quit.
Every word of this is pure gold. You should make a thread. :popcorn:
Apex

wap wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm

- “Not my job” attitude.

I’m glad I quit.
More LSB posts? :fuckyeah:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm I don't think I've updated in a while but we're into week 17 and the dude still hasn't spoken to anyone.

Good stuff.

Wild.
Doesn't he bump into anyone in the kitchen or the bathroom who'll try to make small talk with him? Does he just ignore them then?
If someone does manage to talk to him he'll usually just look and say yeah or laugh.

Not exaggerating.

wap

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm

:dat:
Quality? 5/7 :fuckyeah:
Quantity? :flaccid:
:abubey: needs to step up her DFD game.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm
wap wrote: Wild.
If someone does manage to talk to him he'll usually just look and say yeah or laugh.

Not exaggerating.

Wow. Sounds like a REALLY shy, socially awkward dude, or a future serial killer.
Apex

wap wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

:dat:
Since when did :abubey: become a thing????? :mindblown:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote:
wap wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm :dat:
Since back when she actually posted.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Apex

Calvinball wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Apex wrote:

:amazing:
I never knew it existed before.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:49 pm PEOPLE THAT DONT INSERT A directory PATH WITH HYPERLINK

ITS 3 MORE CLICKS.

:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:
:triggered: :dubshow: :triggered:
:triggered: :triggered: :triggered:

Report that shit to IT Security. Obvious phishing attempt is obvious
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

People who respond to out of office replies with “I know you’re out of th office, but...”
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 pm People who respond to out of office replies with “I know you’re out of th office, but...”
But I also know you are reading this email.
wap

Calvinball wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Apex wrote:

:dat: :(
Yea it goes way back but there's been no opportunity to use it for a while.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Let me log in before you start giving me problems to fix! I cannot help you if I cant see what in my email. Im sure ive already got 5 emails on this issue with most of the answers.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

So I had to give a Solidworks presentation tonight at a Solidworks User Group in front of a bunch of professional Engineers and designers and shit. My boss threw this on me last minute to give this presentation on Weldments while he was out on vacation.
I put together a whole presentation today, and this was on one of the powerpoint slides.

wap

:lolol:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I changed teams this week at work. My new team is a bro club who just bullshit all day because they dont have a real job.

I have worked 12+ hour days just for the sake of it. They stay late just to stay late. Im staying late because when I asked to leave I got a funny look and 20 questions about my tasks and if they were done. These guys dont even know how to do any of my job. Fucking idiotic.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Creepy co-worker update.

Guy on my team had his 1 on 1 with our manager and he was asked about the new guy. Apparently he's a fraud. Our manager believes he has an associate's degree and has worked with the product for years. That's not what creepy new guy told us.

Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm Creepy co-worker update.

Guy on my team had his 1 on 1 with our manager and he was asked about the new guy. Apparently he's a fraud. Our manager believes he has an associate's degree and has worked with the product for years. That's not what creepy new guy told us.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we had to deal with this. We've had a guy claiming he was an engineer and shit when we know he didn't graduate.
We've turned them into the state board of land and survey (where you get your engineering licenses and stuff), and they start a super fun investigation.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm Creepy co-worker update.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we had to deal with this. We've had a guy claiming he was an engineer and shit when we know he didn't graduate.
We've turned them into the state board of land and survey (where you get your engineering licenses and stuff), and they start a super fun investigation.
Pretty bizarre. No wonder he hasn't spoken to anyone in the 18 weeks he's been here. Myself and the other guy are going to mention him when we have our 1 on 1s. We were going to mention him anyway but now we definitely are.

If he has any sort of spine our manager will just fire him. Sad part is I'm not sure he does as I think this was his first hire in the US.