Recommend me a computer

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

It’s still in the return policy, so MacBook time.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:25 pm It’s still in the return policy, so MacBook time.
Not dealing with that shit keyboard
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:It’s still in the return policy, so MacBook time.
Just tell mommy that you need one or you will literally die.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 pm
Yeah they’re also double the price of this and slower so nah. I’ll eventually learn how to navigate this OS better.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 pm
You are not even worth my time
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:51 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:25 pm It’s still in the return policy, so MacBook time.
Not dealing with that shit keyboard
Yeah they branded it as “revolutionary” and proceeded to have complaints. Only way I’d entertain it is if they promised lifetime warranty for keyboard issues.
Johnny_P

Don't buy one of these. FYI. It's VERY beta. Lots of weird bugs and apps like chrome crashing but not actually crashing, stuff not working, bluetooth oddities saying it can't connect but then does but has no idea it connected. Some apps work some don't from the app store.

It's a nice physical device, looks and feels good to use. Aesthetics, size, weight, keyboard, the palm rest pads, touch screen response, hinge strength, etc are all top notch. That's about all the praise I can give it. Chrome OS is fine for looking at internet things I guess but do it on a $250 chromebook like this OS was designed for, not on something this expensive.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 pm Don't buy one of these. FYI. It's VERY beta. Lots of weird bugs and apps like chrome crashing but not actually crashing, stuff not working, bluetooth oddities saying it can't connect but then does but has no idea it connected. Some apps work some don't from the app store.

It's a nice physical device, looks and feels good to use. Aesthetics, size, weight, keyboard, the palm rest pads, touch screen response, hinge strength, etc are all top notch. That's about all the praise I can give it. Chrome OS is fine for looking at internet things I guess but do it on a $250 chromebook like this OS was designed for, not on something this expensive.
Oh wow. I can totally see this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I need to keep the pixelbook in mind. My macbook still works well doe. Just opens slower
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 am I need to keep the pixelbook in mind. My macbook still works well doe. Just opens slower
Edit: nevermind cause of the update
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

UPDATE TIME!

Google pushed an update to the pixelbook. The interface is totally different now, app icons centered on the launch bar instead of to the side, much more stable bluetooth, better layout for computer setup type options. It's still a bit of a pain in the ass to store and access files and they still don't sync with Google Drive instantly which doesn't make sense but whatever. Apps are running more stable than they used to. Chrome hasn't fake-crashed and Spotify only had to be restarted once since the update.

It's getting better to use.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 am UPDATE TIME!

Google pushed an update to the pixelbook. The interface is totally different now, app icons centered on the launch bar instead of to the side, much more stable bluetooth, better layout for computer setup type options. It's still a bit of a pain in the ass to store and access files and they still don't sync with Google Drive instantly which doesn't make sense but whatever. Apps are running more stable than they used to. Chrome hasn't fake-crashed and Spotify only had to be restarted once since the update.

It's getting better to use.
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 am Awesome.

I like the idea of a Pixelbook. Google things just need a bit of polish.
Everything Google does is beta forever