19%

Total votes: 16
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm i voted for blue cause i found the brown to be :wap:
:wat:
:millenial: go to 0:30
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:53 pm

:word:

Similar experiences... Amazon frames snapped in two (those were $25). I once got fake wayfarers in China Town, NYC and the paint chipped within a couple months, Knockarounds didn't last for me.

Also the higher end stuff does feel like lens clarity is better, maybe it's placebo :iono:
you're not wrong
Worked in the optical industry for 4 years. Tis true, but the markup is horrendous. Luxotica is a devil of a corporation.
That being said, I don't mind paying for high quality, and I know what to stay away from. Partially because I take care of my shit. I'm still running 3 pair of prescription glasses with AR coated lenses (very high maintenance lens) with virtually zero scratches on pairs that are over 10 years old.

If you're known to not take care of em, buy the cheap shit. When I left the industry I was a huge fan of Revo's glasses and their 9 layers of polarization. Shit was crisp as all hell and well worth the cash.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:30 pm I wear Knockarounds. :iono:

:scrooge:

I voted :poop: sides doe.
I am very much so enjoying my knockarounds. I just wish the logo was smaller/not there/color matched.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Just bought a second pair of Ray-Ban wayfarer's. 1st pair are gloss black with polarized lenses. New pair is rubberized and are perscription. I don't really wear my contacts anymore so I just got the perscription lenses and said fuck it

I love the rubberized look.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I had a set of oakley Gascans last me about 6 years until I accidentally wore them into the ocean.

All my knockoff sunglassed have lasteed pretty well. Especially since I kinda throw everything around. And put my bare sunglasses into my cargo pocket and walk with them all day. Somehow I even manage to avoid scratches. I have $25 oakley knockoffs from amazon. Darduma polarized lenses.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Acid666 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm

you're not wrong
Worked in the optical industry for 4 years. Tis true, but the markup is horrendous. Luxotica is a devil of a corporation.
That being said, I don't mind paying for high quality, and I know what to stay away from. Partially because I take care of my shit. I'm still running 3 pair of prescription glasses with AR coated lenses (very high maintenance lens) with virtually zero scratches on pairs that are over 10 years old.

If you're known to not take care of em, buy the cheap shit. When I left the industry I was a huge fan of Revo's glasses and their 9 layers of polarization. Shit was crisp as all hell and well worth the cash.
60 minutes piece was crazy
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm i voted for blue cause i found the brown to be :wap:
:wat:
Aka old AF
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm you're not wrong

Oh yeah, they're definitely a rip off, but they'll last me about a decade so I'm OK with it, gotta pay to have nice things/look cool :iono: . Got the bloo ones and I like them.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Acid666 wrote:

Oh yeah, they're definitely a rip off, but they'll last me about a decade so I'm OK with it, gotta pay to have nice things/look cool :iono: . Got the bloo ones and I like them.
There's really nothing wrong with spending on them, but sometimes the wrong people spend that kind of money. I saw it time and time again working the floor at Lenscrafters... People coming in saying "These Serringhettis (however the fuck you spell it) cost me $400 and they're scratched!
Yeah fuck nuts..... There ain't a single material on this planet that we can make lenses THAT YOU CAN SEE OUT OF THAT ARE SCRATCH PROOF... They're all scratch "RESISTANT".
Spending $$$ doesn't = indestructible. For me, I can spend it and make them last. For someone like my wife? Hell no. No way I'm talking her into an expensive pair of sunglasses that she can't keep track of.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Acid666 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:30 pm Oh yeah, they're definitely a rip off, but they'll last me about a decade so I'm OK with it, gotta pay to have nice things/look cool :iono: . Got the bloo ones and I like them.
There's really nothing wrong with spending on them, but sometimes the wrong people spend that kind of money. I saw it time and time again working the floor at Lenscrafters... People coming in saying "These Serringhettis (however the fuck you spell it) cost me $400 and they're scratched!
Yeah fuck nuts..... There ain't a single material on this planet that we can make lenses THAT YOU CAN SEE OUT OF THAT ARE SCRATCH PROOF... They're all scratch "RESISTANT".
Spending $$$ doesn't = indestructible. For me, I can spend it and make them last. For someone like my wife? Hell no. No way I'm talking her into an expensive pair of sunglasses that she can't keep track of.
I remember when Ray-Bans were the cheap $10 sunglasses at the pharmacy. Now all of a sudden they're :troywax: glasses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:30 pm

For me, knowing I spent $200 on them makes me take care of them... the cheap stuff I'll just :aintcare: about and it'll be fucked within a year.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Costco has :notbad: sunglasses if you like the limited styles. They look like they come out of the same factory as Ray-Bans (mine have been mistaken for them sitting on a table a few times), marked "Made in Japan" etc. I'm a big fan since they cost like $20.

I just lost my favorite pair last week. Probably because I was out :drunk: or something. This is why I refuse to pay much for sunglasses.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

The only time I've lost a pair of sunglasses was when I flipped off a tube backwards into a river.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 am Costco has :notbad: sunglasses if you like the limited styles. They look like they come out of the same factory as Ray-Bans (mine have been mistaken for them sitting on a table a few times), marked "Made in Japan" etc. I'm a big fan since they cost like $20.

I just lost my favorite pair last week. Probably because I was out :drunk: or something. This is why I refuse to pay much for sunglasses.
Yeah, if I'm day drinking I just take my $20 TreeHut ones (made in AMerica :fuckyeah: :cheeto: .
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:troywax: happened on a pair of Oakley Straightlink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote::troywax: happened on a pair of Oakley Straightlink.

It had to happen. Bloo :truk: paradigm effect.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote::troywax: happened on a pair of Oakley Straightlink.

:notbad:

I feel like if you're busting ass at a day (and in my case also night) job, may as well :troywax: on some :wasteful: shades :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Bloo shades, bloo shirt, bloo :truk: :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 pm
Acid666 wrote:
I remember when Ray-Bans were the cheap $10 sunglasses at the pharmacy. Now all of a sudden they're :troywax: glasses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
One day Pugs might become one, which sold in Sunoco stations.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.