Nuggstein
13%

Total votes: 23
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Okay so here’s the :dill:

At the PDRBQ last Sunday, spoke to a bunch of the guys that attended and mentioned how, since my lease is up soon and I’m over miles already, I’d like to explore the option of a new car. If I could, I would swing a 72 month loan on a GTI, with the justification being that I would be under warranty for all if not the majority of the loan (pending on miles driven per year).

It was either that, if possible, or a basic bitch Jetta to fulfill my emotionless commuting needs. Since [user not found] works at Mazda, I asked what other dealerships his network has. When he told me VW I got intrigued and asked him what incentives are on the GTI? We were able to run up some rebates and got a pretty sweet number on a 2018 GTI SE. it would be $3/month more than current lease payment ($480 vs $477). [user not found] was superbly honest with me and told me I need to do it on my name for the sake of the rebates (college grad, etc) and to build my own credit. He also mentioned how :poop: the current GTI lease deal was set up. Thanks, :rudy: parents. I find out today whether I get approved and at what rate, but the numbers [user not found] ran show 1.9% at $480/month for 72 months. I spoke to parents and they said if it’s on your name you can pay the monthly insurance and we will cover the payment (since they were paying $477/month with current lease). Insurance for my age + GTI + DC metro area is $173/month, full coverage. That’s completely doable and if this deal works out it’ll be a stepping stone to full independence.

The Jetta is on a back-burner just in case GTI does not pan out. It is a 2018 Wolfsburg Jetta. This Jetta would be leased, at 12,000 miles a year, for 36 months. Payment would be $280/month + taxes + insurance (and [user not found] informed me that leasing in Virginia means they tax a bit of the car’s value every month as well).

That’s the big news. Pics are attached, and if all is set and done one of these cars will be driving me back home Saturday evening. My dad is flying in tonight, and flying back out Sunday.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:17 am Okay so here’s the :dill:

At the PDRBQ last Sunday, spoke to a bunch of the guys that attended and mentioned how, since my lease is up soon and I’m over miles already, I’d like to explore the option of a new car. If I could, I would swing a 72 month loan on a GTI, with the justification being that I would be under warranty for all if not the majority of the loan (pending on miles driven per year).

It was either that, if possible, or a basic bitch Jetta to fulfill my emotionless commuting needs. Since [user not found] works at Mazda, I asked what other dealerships his network has. When he told me VW I got intrigued and asked him what incentives are on the GTI? We were able to run up some rebates and got a pretty sweet number on a 2018 GTI SE. it would be $3/month more than current lease payment ($480 vs $477). [user not found] was superbly honest with me and told me I need to do it on my name for the sake of the rebates (college grad, etc) and to build my own credit. He also mentioned how :poop: the current GTI lease deal was set up. Thanks, :rudy: parents. I find out today whether I get approved and at what rate, but the numbers [user not found] ran show 1.9% at $480/month for 72 months. I spoke to parents and they said if it’s on your name you can pay the monthly insurance and we will cover the payment (since they were paying $477/month with current lease). Insurance for my age + GTI + DC metro area is $173/month, full coverage. That’s completely doable and if this deal works out it’ll be a stepping stone to full independence.

The Jetta is on a back-burner just in case GTI does not pan out. It is a 2018 Wolfsburg Jetta. This Jetta would be leased, at 12,000 miles a year, for 36 months. Payment would be $280/month + taxes + insurance (and [user not found] informed me that leasing in Virginia means they tax a bit of the car’s value every month as well).

That’s the big news. Pics are attached, and if all is set and done one of these cars will be driving me back home Saturday evening. My dad is flying in tonight, and flying back out Sunday.
That gti is :jimp:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 am

Yes, yes it is.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

No :manuel: no care.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:jimp: :jimp: :jimp:
:jimp: :fuckyeah: :jimp:

To be honest they are both great cars but the GTI is gorgeous! The MK7.5 headlight lights are :mindblown: .

Is :waxer: dad seriously gonna cover payments? :notbad: , I'm sure he will offload them on you down the road. Either way, a perpetual lease is 300/mth and an SE GTI owned for 480 is reasonable. At 72 mths you'll have something tangible to trade with. It may even break even with the 2400/yr extra you're paying to drive something nice.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 am :jimp: :jimp: :jimp:

To be honest they are both great cars but the GTI is gorgeous! The MK7.5 headlight lights are :mindblown: .

Is :waxer: dad seriously gonna cover payments? :notbad: , I'm sure he will offload them on you down the road. Either way, a perpetual lease is 300/mth and an SE GTI owned for 480 is reasonable. At 72 mths you'll have something tangible to trade with. It may even break even with the 2400/yr extra you're paying to drive something nice.
:waxer: mom more than :waxer: dad. Once i get more money at work I’ll gradually start paying the payment too
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:

:waxer: mom more than :waxer: dad. Once i get more money at work I’ll gradually start paying the payment too
So do you think that the GTI :dill: will go through?

Is [user not found] closing the transaction/getting paid for finding VW Hamilton a buyer? Or just a team building effort?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Right on man.

My :turboyaris: was the first car I bought and financed 100% on my own too.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I bought my GTI on my own too. Paid it off when I sold it. Bought the Miata in cash. Those are the only two cars ive owned.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Mine was a MK4 Jetta 2.slow manual in a metallic navy bloo. I really enjoyed it and kind of regretted selling it with 120k miles and zero mechanical issues. Both good choices here that won't :disappoint:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 am
razr390 wrote: :waxer: mom more than :waxer: dad. Once i get more money at work I’ll gradually start paying the payment too
So do you think that the GTI :dill: will go through?

Is [user not found] closing the transaction/getting paid for finding VW Hamilton a buyer? Or just a team building effort?
[user not found] is handling the entire transaction. This is a great moment for DFD and therefore the rest of the world.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Happy for you. Car is beautiful. Parents are 💯.

Do you have an agreement with them on when you are talking over payments?
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

As soon as I am able to afford it I will take over (even if it’s gradual). I’m an only child and I have a strong family structure where even my grandparents are “giving me money” to enjoy life.

I couldn’t have done many things in life without their support and I can only hope I’m making them proud with the small accomplishments I’m making early on.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

2018: Year of the :plac:
razr390

Apex wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 am 2018: Year of the :plac:
I had no choice.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

As soon as I am able to afford it I will take over (even if it’s gradual). I’m an only child and I have a strong family structure where even my grandparents are “giving me money” to enjoy life.

I couldn’t have done many things in life without their support and I can only hope I’m making them proud with the small accomplishments I’m making early on.
I understand. You don't come off as someone who doesn't appreciate it. It will eventually stunt you though if you aren't careful. Just something to be aware of...
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 am
Apex wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 am 2018: Year of the :plac:
I had no choice.
You always have a choice.
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 am
razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

I understand. You don't come off as someone who doesn't appreciate it. It will eventually stunt you though if you aren't careful. Just something to be aware of...
My goal is to maintain situational awareness. Last November I was living at home for free and working to make $22,000/year at Target. In December I moved to northern Virginia to work in an actual career field doing what I want to do in a corporate environment. Youngest guy on my team, and I’m making around $40,000. Paying my own rent (with my gf), and now paying car insurance. I’ve grown and I’m slowly absorbing more responsibility and independence. It’s not easy but it’s worth it for me. It’s a rite of passage and I’m on the track of full independence rather than back-tracking.

Regardless of good relations or not I will never move back into my family’s house because I wouldn’t be able to manage it now that I’ve gotten a taste for living on my own.

I’ve busted my ass and continue to do so and my parents reward that by supporting me if/when I need it.

Also a benefit to me and them is that they have never held anything above my head or against me. They never threatened to “take the car back from you” etc etc etc.
Last edited by razr390 on Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
razr390

Apex wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:09 am
razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 am

I had no choice.
I had to go red since you already went bloo
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am
Apex wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:09 am

I had to go red since you already went bloo
:notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:10 am What is this thread? :derp:
and where is the spinning meat
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:12 am

jezus kid. Where the fuck is your R8? Dream big or :gtfo:

no one cares about your mexibuilt econobox.

:trollface:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:09 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:10 am What is this thread? :derp:
Thank you. What motherfucking cars are Rudy and Crang buying?

1. Crang's new car
2. Rudy's new car.

:micdrop:

Fucking stupid thread.
wait. are they serious :dock: :knot: on cars together?

:mindblown:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 am

:dat:

im legit a hair jelly. Glad I finally found the deets. Fucking :crang: 2.0 bait.
Apex

[user not found], make sure you fart in the seats before :narc: gets it.