Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:26 pm Somewhat related to paying for your kid to drop out of college:

There’s an older guy at my gym that is gay and had been funding some younger dude’s education out here at SDSU, USD, or whichever college for the last four years as the guy’s sugar daddy... I don’t know all the details, but apparently they were fully “in a relationship”, older dude thought they were going to stay together and get married after the younger guy graduated. Graduation rolls around this spring, kid gets his diploma, then just fucking dips and moves out without saying a word leaving older dude heartbroken and with a much lighter wallet.

Fucking sucks to be that guy. Highly doubt they had anything contractual in writing to legally protect him from this happening.
Gay dudes do the SD/SB thing a lot but it crosses lots of boundaries and starts looking like the real deal. Then its not. No matter what, man or woman, gay or straight.............if you are a lot older than your "partner" and you have the $$$$$, don't delude yourself, EVER, that you are just that amazing, that the other person is "just into older guys" or that true love "crosses all boundaries"..................NOPE. The kid is in it for the money, and you are in it for the vanity of a trophy X, and because you're just too cool to schtoop somebody your own age. That's it. No exceptions.
Yeah it probably super common like you said, but I couldn’t believe it when I heard the story. How do you live with yourself for four years, plus the rest of your life afterwards, knowing you’re leading this person on and just using them for their money. Some people just have no moral code I suppose.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Gay dudes do the SD/SB thing a lot but it crosses lots of boundaries and starts looking like the real deal. Then its not. No matter what, man or woman, gay or straight.............if you are a lot older than your "partner" and you have the $$$$$, don't delude yourself, EVER, that you are just that amazing, that the other person is "just into older guys" or that true love "crosses all boundaries"..................NOPE. The kid is in it for the money, and you are in it for the vanity of a trophy X, and because you're just too cool to schtoop somebody your own age. That's it. No exceptions.
My dad claims to only be attracted to people significantly younger than him...in fact younger than me at 35. He enjoys the sugar daddy thing, but legit wants a relationship out of these dudes that have no interest in that for all the other reasons stated.

It's weird...I find that I'm naturally attracted to people my age, even as I get older, I look at other 35 y/o's with :notbad: when younger chicks can be not my thing in many cases. I kind of assumed that was the norm, but then my dad's situation emerged and made me realize how hard it could be for some people. I guess you can't really control what/who you're attracted to.
:yeahok: That may be true, but it is a luxury he can afford, literally. If he had no pot of sugar, he would be forced to deal with dudes his own age or nothing. It's a very accepted lifestyle in the gay community, not that the Cheeto and his wife are any different. I'm attracted to younger women physically, but once you realize there can be nothing else you gotta move on. Can't be living life on the Insta with someone who wants to bear your cf then divorce you and strip you for dat child support for 22 years.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Yeah it probably super common like you said, but I couldn’t believe it when I heard the story. How do you live with yourself for four years, plus the rest of your life afterwards, knowing you’re leading this person on and just using them for their money. Some people just have no moral code I suppose.
Old guy was flexing for four years, its accepted lifestyle, its actually more common for the old dude to get a "refresh" with a replacement younger guy once the previous kid starts showing age.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Old guy was flexing for four years, its accepted lifestyle, its actually more common for the old dude to get a "refresh" with a replacement younger guy once the previous kid starts showing age.
You’re probably right.. and not too different than straight guys throwing that money at strippers :lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm

You’re probably right.. and not too different than straight guys throwing that money at strippers :lolol:
:dat:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My dad claims to only be attracted to people significantly younger than him...in fact younger than me at 35. He enjoys the sugar daddy thing, but legit wants a relationship out of these dudes that have no interest in that for all the other reasons stated.

It's weird...I find that I'm naturally attracted to people my age, even as I get older, I look at other 35 y/o's with :notbad: when younger chicks can be not my thing in many cases. I kind of assumed that was the norm, but then my dad's situation emerged and made me realize how hard it could be for some people. I guess you can't really control what/who you're attracted to.
Wayment your dad is gay ?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Dude you’ve been living under the DFD rock for a minute haven’t you.

Retired, gay, garagemahal, cts-v wagon
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yep...came out 6 or so years ago at the age of 52.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

This is why you need to come to OT more.
max225

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm

I had 3/4 of these
ChrisoftheNorth

Drives around a 26 foot diesel bus Motorhome in the winter with a Bikini Teal 2-door JL behind it. Spends most of the winter in Palm Springs.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also has more money than he knows what to do with and wants to blow it all on himself and twinks to leave nothing for my sister and I because he paid for our schooling.

Class act for sure.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Drives around a 26 foot diesel bus Motorhome in the winter with a Bikini Teal 2-door JL behind it. Spends most of the winter in Palm Springs.
Living his best life... epic. :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 pm Also has more money than he knows what to do with and wants to blow it all on himself and twinks to leave nothing for my sister and I because he paid for our schooling.

Class act for sure.
You have a problem with him spending his money as he sees fit? :really:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 pm Also has more money than he knows what to do with and wants to blow it all on himself and twinks to leave nothing for my sister and I because he paid for our schooling.

Class act for sure.
Nah, just an interesting choice that speaks volumes about his personality and life priorities. I don't care that's he's selfish as they come, that's his choice. Though sometimes my sister and I question why we even exist in the first place.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:58 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Nah, just an interesting choice that speaks volumes about his personality and life priorities. I don't care that's he's selfish as they come, that's his choice. Though sometimes my sister and I question why we even exist in the first place.
I could see that line of questioning, especially after he came out as being of the gay.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:58 pm
I could see that line of questioning, especially after he came out as being of the gay.
Oh, it came up. He grew up in a time when being gay wasn't ok, so he found the easiest way to conform. My mother is hardcore catholic and claims sex is ONLY for procreation. My dad confirmed to us that they only had sex twice in their 2X years of marriage...which incredibly resulted in me and my sister. Worked great for a gay guy that had no interest in the act, but wanted to fit in with a wife and 2 kids like everyone else.

My mother loves my sister and I to death and would do absolutely anything for us. My dad DGAF. He provided for us well, so I'm not complaining by any means, I just never had/don't have a traditional father relationship. Kind of was an issue for me in my 20's, resulting in years of therapy. I've accepted it all now NBD.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Oh, it came up. He grew up in a time when being gay wasn't ok, so he found the easiest way to conform. My mother is hardcore catholic and claims sex is ONLY for procreation. My dad confirmed to us that they only had sex twice in their 2X years of marriage...which incredibly resulted in me and my sister. Worked great for a gay guy that had no interest in the act, but wanted to fit in with a wife and 2 kids like everyone else.

My mother loves my sister and I to death and would do absolutely anything for us. My dad DGAF. He provided for us well, so I'm not complaining by any means, I just never had/don't have a traditional father relationship. Kind of was an issue for me in my 20's, resulting in years of therapy. I've accepted it all now NBD.
Holy shit ... I don’t know where to start
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

WOW on the bolded.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Holy shit ... I don’t know where to start
Right?
SAWCE

Interesting.. iirc you and your dad were closer a few years ago and you and your mother had no relationship (or just didn’t speak to each other) at all?

Therapy for that makes a lot of sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:39 pm

WOW on the bolded.
17 year old me learned this the HARD way.

Been with the same girl for two years, hormones racing, I buy a pack of condoms to leave in my truck for just in case, don't want to be caught off guard.

One week later, didn't get a chance to use them but kind of proud of myself for being responsible, mom inexplicably decides to clean my truck while I was out with some buddies...which to this day I don't understand why. What happens when she makes the discovery?

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:nuke: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :nuke:
:nuke: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :nuke:

SEX IS ONLY FOR PROCREATION IT IS NOT FUN DO NOT THINK OTHERWISE

:nuke: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :nuke:

Dad waits for the dust to settle a few days later and says "you made mom mad, which is bad, but you should know that you didn't do anything wrong. Be safe and don't ruin your life."

:bravo: parenting.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Interesting.. iirc you and your dad were closer a few years ago and you and your mother had no relationship (or just didn’t speak to each other) at all?

Wow, great memory. My dad has always been more a friend type than a real dad type. And yea, that resulted in us have a decent relationship. We're still close and hang out frequently, so that's fine.

I stopped talking to my mother many years ago because I couldn't handle the crazy...it was actually a specific incident that triggered my parent's divorce, my dad coming out, and etc. I started talking to my mom again at the first of this year because I wanted to have some sort of relationship with her. I keep her at arm's length, but it's good to be talking to her again.
wap

:dat: is always what I had thought. Mom was some :angry: harpy that was not really in your life and you and dad hung out building your Uber C5 in his garagemahal like a couple of pals. :iono:
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Wow, great memory. My dad has always been more a friend type than a real dad type. And yea, that resulted in us have a decent relationship. We're still close and hang out frequently, so that's fine.

I stopped talking to my mother many years ago because I couldn't handle the crazy...it was actually a specific incident that triggered my parent's divorce, my dad coming out, and etc. I started talking to my mom again at the first of this year because I wanted to have some sort of relationship with her. I keep her at arm's length, but it's good to be talking to her again.
:word: