Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:33 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Ahhh, the great catch 22 of the world. You need experience to get experience. It makes me :rage:
Absolutely dat, and its all about competition too considering the fact there are a lot of other applicants. :sad: like we all gotta start somewhere.
I'm here with 5+ years of experience in an emergency department, I know a lot about healthcare laws and insurance that most nurses don't know, I kicked ass in nursing school, plus I'm already at an employee at this hospital and the company paid for some of my school, yet I got turned down. For a position designed for nurses with no experience. And I have some classmates who had zero experience before school and got their dream jobs.

I am upset and I do not want to go to work today, but I guess I have to.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:53 pm HR called me and said I was selected for the position! Waiting on the internal approvals on salary now but hopes to have something to me by the end of the week.

:carlton: :carlton: :carlton:
Congrats!!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

haleyann wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:53 pm HR called me and said I was selected for the position! Waiting on the internal approvals on salary now but hopes to have something to me by the end of the week.

Congrats!!
Thanks Haley!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

DUDE YESSSSS :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:

Have they talked about money yet at all so you're not surprised when the offer comes?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Fuck yeah man. Congrats!
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Have they talked about money yet at all so you're not surprised when the offer comes?
The only money I've heard about is in-direct, but a reliable source. Offer should be solid :fuckyeah: kind of money, for me.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Fuck yeah man. Congrats!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

lots of stirring around from upper management in our office today. Several overly long closed door meetings.

This comes after a few people being fired over the last few months and, recently, 2 or more people leaving.

:notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 pm

The only money I've heard about is in-direct, but a reliable source. Offer should be solid :fuckyeah: kind of money, for me.
That's outstanding. Happy for ya bro!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:07 pm

That's outstanding. Happy for ya bro!
Thanks dude! I appreciate all the support from my internet-fam!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

we had teh quarterly update to close out our fiscal year... "We have a successful business and we did better than last year" BUT.. that wasnt good enough.
How does our FY19 results impact our FY20 salary increases and bonuses?
The Leadership Team wanted to ensure we could reward and recognize individual and team performance, even though business performance has not met expectations. As such, we have taken the following steps:
• Overall, the salary review budget will be carefully managed. We did not perform up to our profit budget and as a result our salary increase budget is less than last year. Principals and supervisors will make recommendations with a focus on rewarding exceptional performance, adjusting to local market conditions and our ability to adjust billing rates.
- Senior leaders and principles will not get raises.
Your efforts are appreciated and valued. We are excited about the future of our business and appreciate your continued support as we work to accelerate our growth in FY20.
I see more :nope: action soon....
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:notbad:

:waxer: inbound.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 pm we had teh quarterly update to close out our fiscal year... "We have a successful business and we did better than last year" BUT.. that wasnt good enough.
The Leadership Team wanted to ensure we could reward and recognize individual and team performance, even though business performance has not met expectations. As such, we have taken the following steps:
• Overall, the salary review budget will be carefully managed. We did not perform up to our profit budget and as a result our salary increase budget is less than last year. Principals and supervisors will make recommendations with a focus on rewarding exceptional performance, adjusting to local market conditions and our ability to adjust billing rates.
Your efforts are appreciated and valued. We are excited about the future of our business and appreciate your continued support as we work to accelerate our growth in FY20.
:yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 pm we had teh quarterly update to close out our fiscal year... "We have a successful business and we did better than last year" BUT.. that wasnt good enough.
At least mgmt isn't rewarding themselves for a job poorly done.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:fuckyeah: welcome to the :waxer: club!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

haleyann wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Absolutely dat, and its all about competition too considering the fact there are a lot of other applicants. :sad: like we all gotta start somewhere.
I'm here with 5+ years of experience in an emergency department, I know a lot about healthcare laws and insurance that most nurses don't know, I kicked ass in nursing school, plus I'm already at an employee at this hospital and the company paid for some of my school, yet I got turned down. For a position designed for nurses with no experience. And I have some classmates who had zero experience before school and got their dream jobs.

So sorry Haley. Chin up, I am sure something will break for you.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
Way to fucking go, Pecs!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf:
That just seems so wrong on so many levels. Sorry this happened. But rest assured something will pop for you before long, I'm sure of it. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Got bumped up in line at Dassault systems :notbad: because a friend's wife works there. So I could theoretically get an interview with them.
A recruiter reached out to me today with a position up by :dillerman: in Trenton area. Seems I'm very qualified for it and one of the hiring managers is a guy I used to work for :notbad:
I'm still in the running for the Philly school position

:notbad: day

Tomorrow I'll file for unemployment. And there's a class action lawsuit against my company being run by the union for all company employees. So maybe I'll get some severance pay? TBD.

:popcorn:
Johnny_P

Awesome news!!! PARTY TIME
Johnny_P

We had one of these emails once, under prior CEO, where the company didn't hit targets or something but every single department hit all of its goals. Everyone got a bonus, albeit small, but they still got it. Shitty when companies cannot recognize their workforce.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat: i can see why you're :eeyore: so I see your point, and I did read about working for the company for 5 years.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:41 pm Got bumped up in line at Dassault systems :notbad: because a friend's wife works there. So I could theoretically get an interview with them.
A recruiter reached out to me today with a position up by :dillerman: in Trenton area. Seems I'm very qualified for it and one of the hiring managers is a guy I used to work for :notbad:
I'm still in the running for the Philly school position

:notbad: day

Tomorrow I'll file for unemployment. And there's a class action lawsuit against my company being run by the union for all company employees. So maybe I'll get some severance pay? TBD.

:popcorn:
:notbad: :wasteful:
ChrisoftheNorth

2019 is looking like a great year for DFD!

Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:59 am 2019 is looking like a great year for DFD!

:dat: