Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:57 pm
haleyann wrote:
There's a shortage of experienced nurses.... getting a job as a new grad at a hospital is difficult. I could get a job at a nursing home pretty easily I think, they typically have pretty high turnover.
Ahhh, the great catch 22 of the world. You need experience to get experience. It makes me :rage:
Absolutely dat, and its all about competition too considering the fact there are a lot of other applicants. :sad: like we all gotta start somewhere.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm I've been casually applying for some things. :notsure: exactly what direction I want to go in.I'd really prefer not to be in an office all of the time, i loved working on the road with all of the freedom of the Bang Bus. I'm torn between pursuing something along the lines of that job (Pre Sales Engineering) versus straight outside sales, which would likely pay a lot more but is higher stress for sure.

It's tough, this job has been paying me really well and the PTO policy is great, plus the company is growing rapidly... but I just don't enjoy the work. Could certainly be worse but I think I'd rather make a little less doing something that I like more day to day.
I hear you, thats what im afraid of for my next job. Vacation is my biggest concern as well as being overworked, knowing that the majority of corporate jobs are pretty much like that if not less.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm I've been casually applying for some things. :notsure: exactly what direction I want to go in.I'd really prefer not to be in an office all of the time, i loved working on the road with all of the freedom of the Bang Bus. I'm torn between pursuing something along the lines of that job (Pre Sales Engineering) versus straight outside sales, which would likely pay a lot more but is higher stress for sure.

It's tough, this job has been paying me really well and the PTO policy is great, plus the company is growing rapidly... but I just don't enjoy the work. Could certainly be worse but I think I'd rather make a little less doing something that I like more day to day.
I hear you, thats what im afraid of for my next job. Vacation is my biggest concern as well as being overworked, knowing that the majority of corporate jobs are pretty much like that if not less.
Dude. You are running against the clock. You need to get established somewhere so you can climb up while you’re still young
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Dude. You are running against the clock. You need to get established somewhere so you can climb up while you’re still young
Im still applying and I will embrace that when i finally get in, I don't fuck around, I got a couple lined up once i get back anyway that are more guaranteed.

As far as "flexibility" or having an opportunity to essentially not continuously staying at a same place for a while, i'm pretty much like Griff. I may sound like a :baby: but thats really the only job I had/have that isn't minimum wage, therefore im accustomed to those sort of privilages so to speak.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Eh, there’s more to life than just climbing up the corporate ladder.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 pm

It’s not about climbing up the corporate ladder it’s just getting experience. AFAIK TK’s current gig is working for a family friend. Small company. Yeah it’s easy and flexible but you also won’t grow that way. Plus he was looking at moving out of the ‘Rents place too.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: his heart is in the right place. But when you consider the fact that he was the youngest in his team iirc when he began and pretty much became reaching near 6 figures, he is more career centered, atleast thats how i see it. I'm somewhat the opposite to an extent but I also wanna move on as well. I don't wanna work where I currently work forever, because I pretty much climbed my way up there within. I'm kinda tired of travel agency as well, and it is primarily because of the clients in particular. Atleast in hotels, I will deal with more decent people and not taking care of a lot of their things as much.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:05 pm

It’s not about climbing up the corporate ladder it’s just getting experience. AFAIK TK’s current gig is working for a family friend. Small company. Yeah it’s easy and flexible but you also won’t grow that way. Plus he was looking at moving out of the ‘Rents place too.
:dat: hence why I wanna move on. Moar room for growth. I even thought about moving to MD instead of Nova or Dc, and no not the :mahtroy: pg county. Because :scrooge:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:30 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:57 pm Interview #4 complete with startup company.

So the bad part of this potential job? They want to work this construction project 6 days a week 10 hour days. From September to July.

:rage:
:iono: I feel like if they want you to do 60 hours/week out of the gate for seven months it's likely an all the time thing. I'd think long and hard before taking on something like that.
That's start-up culture :doe: I'm not sure I could work for a startup unless it was my own.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I applied for a couple of positions
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle unofficially starts a new role with her company today as a therapist, moving up from being a case manager. She’s been told the position is hers, but still has to formally interview tomorrow. She was supposed to start next week after the current therapist’s last day, but they wanted to get her moving on the training and stuff so she’s kinda starting today. They wanted someone who already has their license in the role, but it made sense to move her into it rather than bring in someone completely new, and she’s about halfway done with her hours to get licensed. Hoping she gets ~10% more pay with the move now, and then another 10% or so on top of that in a year when she’s licensed. Compensation talks haven’t happened yet, but will tomorrow with the interview.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am I applied for a couple of positions
:excited:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am Michelle unofficially starts a new role with her company today as a therapist, moving up from being a case manager. She’s been told the position is hers, but still has to formally interview tomorrow. She was supposed to start next week after the current therapist’s last day, but they wanted to get her moving on the training and stuff so she’s kinda starting today. They wanted someone who already has their license in the role, but it made sense to move her into it rather than bring in someone completely new, and she’s about halfway done with her hours to get licensed. Hoping she gets ~10% more pay with the move now, and then another 10% or so on top of that in a year when she’s licensed. Compensation talks haven’t happened yet, but will tomorrow with the interview.
:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am I applied for a couple of positions
Where at? Looking in KY type area?
Johnny_P

I know someone who works for Blue Origin. Interesting. :evilplan:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am
East tennessee, Chattanooga or knoxville.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:40 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am

East tennessee, Chattanooga or knoxville.
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

I'm just over here refreshing my email like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:27 pm I'm just over here refreshing my email like:
:lolol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:27 pm I'm just over here refreshing my email like:
So you've got an entire truckload of wax in your amazon shopping cart waiting for the word? :popcorn:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm
So you've got an entire truckload of wax in your amazon shopping cart waiting for the word? :popcorn:
More like I have a Suby or something to :troywax: on when I get the word. :lol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Time for you to take the :wasteful: flag and me to go back into my poverty hole that I belong in.

I should file for unemployment today.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Climbing is :unicorn: shit man. The ladder is a rollup ladder and occasionally thrown to a pool of plebs.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:56 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Time for you to take the :wasteful: flag and me to go back into my poverty hole that I belong in.

I should file for unemployment today.
:doit: get that funemplyment money.
Apex

HR called me and said I was selected for the position! Waiting on the internal approvals on salary now but hopes to have something to me by the end of the week.

:carlton: :carlton: :carlton: