Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 am
I do. Not as much this year but I played a couple nice courses in Raleigh and would love to try some in CLT too
:notbad: come down and we’ll throw discs together :sissyfight:
I'd love to. I was hoping to make it down this month but I can't get the time off work plus I want to drive the brub down and not my truck
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well... I ended up taking a promotion of sorts at the current company.

I just had so many doubts with the New Bern place... just felt too much like a dying company in a somewhat dying industry that wasn’t really looking forward, hadn’t brought in new people in years, etc. I would’ve been competing directly against my old company and their product is just far better without a doubt in my mind, trying to sell under that circumstance... meh. To top that off it would be a 95% cold call situation, not interrupting accounts... tough in a non growing industry without the best product (not that their product sucks, but other tech is far superior IMO).

All of that said I was still going to :doit: When I called my bossbro to give notice, he was pretty much like “fuck, I thought you were happy, your sales are great and you never complain like everyone else on the team”. He was cool about everything but said that if there’s anything they could change for me to be happy and want to stay, let him know. I told him I’m not wild on the 24/7 cube lyfe and want to work in the field more. They came back and said I can keep my same territory (western US), work in the field a week out of each month, WFH two days a week, 15% base salary increase. He was actually excited as he feels that we need outside sales representation but with our big merger it sort of fell by the wayside for 2020 on our team.

Icing on the cake was that our benefits are also getting way better for 2020, higher 401k match, cheaper insurance, etc. I guess Control4 who we acquired had better bennies. Even the worse ones that ate going out we’re still better than the New Bern company.

All in all, I feel good about this outcome and about bossbro.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am

I'd love to. I was hoping to make it down this month but I can't get the time off work plus I want to drive the brub down and not my truck
:ohdang: we could’ve done a Christmas themed brub photo shoot.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Double post :derp:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 am Well... I ended up taking a promotion of sorts at the current company.

I just had so many doubts with the New Bern place... just felt too much like a dying company in a somewhat dying industry that wasn’t really looking forward, hadn’t brought in new people in years, etc. I would’ve been competing directly against my old company and their product is just far better without a doubt in my mind, trying to sell under that circumstance... meh. To top that off it would be a 95% cold call situation, not interrupting accounts... tough in a non growing industry without the best product (not that their product sucks, but other tech is far superior IMO).

All of that said I was still going to :doit: When I called my bossbro to give notice, he was pretty much like “fuck, I thought you were happy, your sales are great and you never complain like everyone else on the team”. He was cool about everything but said that if there’s anything they could change for me to be happy and want to stay, let him know. I told him I’m not wild on the 24/7 cube lyfe and want to work in the field more. They came back and said I can keep my same territory (western US), work in the field a week out of each month, WFH two days a week, 15% base salary increase. He was actually excited as he feels that we need outside sales representation but with our big merger it sort of fell by the wayside for 2020 on our team.

Icing on the cake was that our benefits are also getting way better for 2020, higher 401k match, cheaper insurance, etc. I guess Control4 who we acquired had better bennies. Even the worse ones that ate going out we’re still better than the New Bern company.

:notbad: Griff!

Seems like you got some good benes after that chat with bossbro. The field and WFH time will probably be great for you. :like:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am

:ohdang: we could’ve done a Christmas themed brub photo shoot.
Nascar in the spring my man :gaydance:

Congrats on the promotion man. You seem to be absolutely killing it for this place, and I'm glad you and bossbro got to negotiate more preferable working conditions for you.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I like speakerz
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am I like speakerz
:dat:

I found out you can fit 8s in an FJ door. :megusta:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:43 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am I like speakerz
:dat:

I found out you can fit 8s in an FJ door. :megusta:
:Impressive:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 am Well... I ended up taking a promotion of sorts at the current company.

That's good they're willing to work with your desires and skill set. Nice outcome.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 pm Yep this company is pretty much fucked.

Sigh. Gotta keep looking.
:sad:

Move to Tejas bro. Plenty of your field here and not all in H-town.

If you need a place to stay when interviewing in San Antonio lmk
Maybe. Philly for a bit longer.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Oh wow. Didn't expect this denouement. Looks like they really tried to make you happy. It's :nice: to know that they value you so highly. Hope it keeps the job :plac: rumblings at bay for a few years at least.

The bolded is a bit of a concern, :doe: if they're all valid complaints. Does it point to some systemic problems?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:20 am

Plot twist!

:wat:
:plac: indecision is a bitch.

I think going into it I longed for the new job because I thought it would be like Bang Bussing again but the more I thought about it, the more it wouldn’t. Sadly that’s over forever and nothing will ever be so :unicorn: but it was a good ride, just gotta move on and make the best of the future.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 am

Oh wow. Didn't expect this denouement. Looks like they really tried to make you happy. It's :nice: to know that they value you so highly. Hope it keeps the job :plac: rumblings at bay for a few years at least.

The bolded is a bit of a concern, :doe: if they're all valid complaints. Does it point to some systemic problems?
Nah mostly just a couple of super negative Nancies on my team, one in particular who I can’t stand and have bitched about in OT I’m sure. She recently went to Hawaii for 10 days and came back talking about how miserable it was :wtf: Fortunately I will only have to see her a day or two a week now.

This company is actually pretty cool, it’s really the cube/call center vibe that’s been my cause for :disgust: . And that Hawaii woman. She is the only person in the world I know personally that I actually detest.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:mahman:

thats some :fuckyeah: :alpo: shit there. Now you KNOW you are valued. Way to go. :like:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Dude that’s awesome Griff. Sounds like you got the best of both worlds with the pay increase and the week out in the field every month.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:20 am

Plot twist!

:wat:

I think going into it I longed for the new job because I thought it would be like Bang Bussing again but the more I thought about it, the more it wouldn’t. Sadly that’s over forever and nothing will ever be so :unicorn: but it was a good ride, just gotta move on and make the best of the future.
I'm glad you came to that realization. I suspected the same thing. You totally jumped and landed on your feet on this. Best possible outcome.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 am tl;dr
just kidding. congrats! sounds like a freaking awesome outcome
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The 'ol switch-a-roo.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am
wap wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 am

Nah mostly just a couple of super negative Nancies on my team, one in particular who I can’t stand and have bitched about in OT I’m sure. She recently went to Hawaii for 10 days and came back talking about how miserable it was :wtf: Fortunately I will only have to see her a day or two a week now.

This company is actually pretty cool, it’s really the cube/call center vibe that’s been my cause for :disgust: . And that Hawaii woman. She is the only person in the world I know personally that I actually detest.
Every office has one of those it seems. Some people simply aren't happy unless they're miserable. Fuck that :eeyore: shit.

Glad you're happy. Have you called the other company yet to let them know you won't be working there after all?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 am

She the one that judges you for the BMW?
Yes. She’s such a cunt. Always making comments about me being so :fancy: and whatnot due to BMW and RayBan ownership... she drives a shitty 05ish Colorado because she spends all of her money on cigs and coddling her adult children.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 am

I'm glad you came to that realization. I suspected the same thing. You totally jumped and landed on your feet on this. Best possible outcome.
You right :bruh:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Now to sit tight and avoid job :plac: flare ups for a while.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:05 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 am

She the one that judges you for the BMW?
Yes. She’s such a cunt. Always making comments about me being so :fancy: and whatnot due to BMW and RayBan ownership... she drives a shitty 05ish Colorado because she spends all of her money on cigs and coddling her adult children.
:disgust:

i'd tell her to stfu and :gtfo:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 am

Every office has one of those it seems. Some people simply aren't happy unless they're miserable. Fuck that :eeyore: shit.

Glad you're happy. Have you called the other company yet to let them know you won't be working there after all?
I did, they were :nice: about it.

Should probably shoot a note over to the other bro over there thanking him for everything.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:11 am
wap wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 am

I did, they were :nice: about it.

Should probably shoot a note over to the other bro over there thanking him for everything.
100% do this
brain go brrrrrr