Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:58 pm

:impressive: no ac and all but still
The engine compartment looks like a garbage bin.
NO RUST LIKE NEW
NEVER OFF ROAD
WILL GO 1 MILLION MILES EASY

One of the many reasons I said a big ol FK U to TJs, they are in terrible shape for the most part, they were cheap for 20 years... and now propped up in value for absolute basket cases.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:whocares: You don't need AC with the top off 24/7. This is legit :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm

:lol: Yea... I forgot that's the only way to run a jeep. No top no doors and @ sub 5mph.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm
:lol: Yea... I forgot that's the only way to run a jeep. No top no doors and @ sub 5mph.
They're fun up to about 50 IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:18 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17 pm

Is there any sort of place that is fun for off roading that you can get to without hitting the freeway?

That's a must for me, whatever I "Softroad" needs to be able to drive there in comfort. Otherwise it would have to go on a trailer.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm
Is there any sort of place that is fun for off roading that you can get to without hitting the freeway?

That's a must for me, whatever I "Softroad" needs to be able to drive there in comfort. Otherwise it would have to go on a trailer.
Find out some way to live near wheeling areas, and sure. But there's no real wheeling areas near metro areas, sadly. Wheeling requires a lot of space, and space is at a premium in metro areas. Even in Michigan where there's VAST amounts of nothingness, I still need to drive 1.5 hours on the highway from my house to get to a place to wheel.

That's why I like the JK/JL/T so much. The first Jeeps that I find comfortable driving to the trail and back.

A TJ is better than a YJ at least, but I still don't like spending a ton of time in them. A TJ like this is best for cruising around town, going to parks, etc.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:23 pm

Find out some way to live near wheeling areas, and sure. But there's no real wheeling areas near metro areas, sadly. Wheeling requires a lot of space, and space is at a premium in metro areas. Even in Michigan where there's VAST amounts of nothingness, I still need to drive 1.5 hours on the highway from my house to get to a place to wheel.

That's why I like the JK/JL/T so much. The first Jeeps that I find comfortable driving to the trail and back.

A TJ is better than a YJ at least, but I still don't like spending a ton of time in them. A TJ like this is best for cruising around town, going to parks, etc.
JT has a great ride, I really liked it.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:23 pm

I love it so much.

While it's not perfect, it's perfect for me.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:27 pm

I love it so much.

Yea even I started looking at :truk: 's mostly due to financial reasons, but they fit a certain niche.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 pm
I love it so much.

Yea even I started looking at :truk: 's mostly due to financial reasons, but they fit a certain niche.
Super niche, and that's the challenge with them.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:35 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:32 pm

The :taco: I was looking at sold during the Lock Down... :wtf: FJs are starting to come down a bit which is nice. If the girl gets her job and we don't go into complete :doomed: scenario, Ima pick one up... but they would have to be 6-10 years old vs new... at 70-80% of the price, which is :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:35 pm
The :taco: I was looking at sold during the Lock Down... :wtf: FJs are starting to come down a bit which is nice. If the girl gets her job and we don't go into complete :doomed: scenario, Ima pick one up... but they would have to be 6-10 years old vs new... at 70-80% of the price, which is :disgust:
Hard to say what that market is going to do. These are "luxury" vehicles in the sense that nobody needs them. When jobs fall off and gas prices go back up, these could (and should) tank.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I actually live like an hour from Uwharrie National Forrest which is allegedly world class off roading. I heard these off road bros on Matt Farrah's podcast from the west coast saying it was the most fun they ever had.

I don't want to go wheeling though, I just like driving around with the roof off like a :derp:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:38 pm

Hard to say what that market is going to do. These are "luxury" vehicles in the sense that nobody needs them. When jobs fall off and gas prices go back up, these could (and should) tank.
We were at near $5 a gallons for a while and no one gave two shits about gas prices and everyone got 84 month stretch pay. Don’t underestimate the stupidity of the us consumer...

Auto loan
Student loan
Mortgage
Bail outs are coming ...
:disgust:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I can’t wait for our rainy season to be over so I can take my top off again. May do some trail doors this year, I think they look cool.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm Hard to say what that market is going to do. These are "luxury" vehicles in the sense that nobody needs them. When jobs fall off and gas prices go back up, these could (and should) tank.
We were at near $5 a gallons for a while and no one gave two shits about gas prices and everyone got 84 month stretch pay. Don’t underestimate the stupidity of the us consumer...

Auto loan
Student loan
Mortgage
Bail outs are coming ...
The music gear retailers are offering 48 months 0% financing now. If I knew we'd have even static income for 48 months I'd buy something nice. Instead I play a $199 guitar through a $99 amp like a peasant.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 pm

Auto loan
Student loan
Mortgage
Bail outs are coming ...
I'm definitely glad we kept our house purchase pretty conservative. I'm also glad we went with only 10% down at this point, otherwise we'd be pretty slim with cash on hand.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:34 pm
max225 wrote:

Auto loan
Student loan
Mortgage
Bail outs are coming ...
The music gear retailers are offering 48 months 0% financing now. If I knew we'd have even static income for 48 months I'd buy something nice. Instead I play a $199 guitar through a $99 amp like a peasant.
in4 what you would get.

Maybe I'll pick up an amp... I need to start actually playing though.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 pm

Auto loan
Student loan
Mortgage
Bail outs are coming ...
Just wait until people don't have jobs. The house of cards is falling
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:56 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:34 pm The music gear retailers are offering 48 months 0% financing now. If I knew we'd have even static income for 48 months I'd buy something nice. Instead I play a $199 guitar through a $99 amp like a peasant.
in4 what you would get.

Without going too extreme it would be something like these:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ozen-ocean

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... inum-snake

Tough call though, there is so much great stuff out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:56 pm

in4 what you would get.

Without going too extreme it would be something like these:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ozen-ocean

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... inum-snake

Tough call though, there is so much great stuff out there.
:nice: that amp... :jimp:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 pm Back to careers, I need to engage my brain during this.

Coding, digital boot camps, something.

May not be bad to look into something IT related. Being a :dillerman: for the rest of my life sounds terrible.
A lot of mt client base are small IT businesses. It seems like you can learn a ton of it by starting with helping out friends and stuff.

We have an online "university" with some networking courses I could get you access to on the down low if you want. They are brand biased, but :notbad: for free.99.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 pm Back to careers, I need to engage my brain during this.

May not be bad to look into something IT related. Being a :dillerman: for the rest of my life sounds terrible.
I'll say this:

You clearly have some skill, by setting up this forum. I consider myself in the 95%+ of computer users (basically all people now), and Its not something I could easily do.

You can make real money doing simple day to day shit like imaging computers and doing local tech support for a biggish building. And its not hard. And its got to be fulfilling on some level because you are helping people.
brain go brrrrrr
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

IT/dealership support.?

Helion are based in Mount Laurel (locally).
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

[user not found] wrote:
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am IT/dealership support.?

Helion are based in Mount Laurel (locally).
Well, I can definitely handle installing printers for boomers and clearing cookies. Image
At this rate there won't be any boomers left thanks to coronadome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk