Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

rockchops wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Wow, that's a dope payout! Congrats man. What does the company do, if I may ask?
Thank you! We broadly do digital marketing, which has been a boon in covid of course, most of our clients are ecomm rather than traditional CPG or whatever like the big holding company conglomerates (mad men, think coca cola, campbells soup, etc...not us by a long shot). I personally do data science engineering type stuff, data architecture and design, for our clients. Its a lot of fun, and I get to work with some of the best and brightest the world has to offer. I joined when our company was about 100 people, now we are at about 800 -- my division was just me, now we are 60 strong...its been a wild ride.
That's rockstar status, really impressive! I think that you and Max might have a lot in common, work wise. Well since you grew the company in your own niche, the payout seems justifiable. It's nice to see owners share the love.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Looks like this is all but a done deal. I meet with the owner on Thursday where he’ll give me any assurance I need that this won’t be a repeat of 2017. I need to negotiate a tricky exit from Toyota with a major project I’m in the middle of... but there’s no saving this bridge. It gets destroyed and will likely cost me one of the biggest allies I’ve had in this business.

The fact I stuck it out and proved I can do this job for as long as I did got me this opportunity again. I’m going here to retire.

Time to buy a Prius.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Congrats dude. I had to go back and figure out what the heck you were talking about, but it sounds like a great opportunity.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:06 pm Looks like this is all but a done deal. I meet with the owner on Thursday where he’ll give me any assurance I need that this won’t be a repeat of 2017. I need to negotiate a tricky exit from Toyota with a major project I’m in the middle of... but there’s no saving this bridge. It gets destroyed and will likely cost me one of the biggest allies I’ve had in this business.

The fact I stuck it out and proved I can do this job for as long as I did got me this opportunity again. I’m going here to retire.

Time to buy a Prius.
Wait, :wat: 's up?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Oh, you mean this?
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:23 am Short version: One of the tenured writers at my old Porsche store is getting reassigned/forced out after pissing off the wrong people and costing the owner A LOT of money.

They are pushing for me HARD. They are providing written guarantees and assurances after what happened on my first run through.
Don't know how I missed this, but this is :amazing:
Any luck with putting off your start date a few weeks to finish up your Yoder project?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 pm Oh, you mean this?
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:23 am Short version: One of the tenured writers at my old Porsche store is getting reassigned/forced out after pissing off the wrong people and costing the owner A LOT of money.

They are pushing for me HARD. They are providing written guarantees and assurances after what happened on my first run through.
Don't know how I missed this, but this is :amazing:
Any luck with putting off your start date a few weeks to finish up your Yoder project?
We’ll see. This is probably the worst time ever to leave given it’s what I’ve pushed for over the last four months to move our business forwards. I’m going to ask to finish out the year to get Toyota up and running and find a replacement for me. There’s no going back... but I’m not planning on it.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Done. I start 1/4/21.

They’ll let me work up to 3 weeks notice so I can leave Toyota as neatly as I can. Guaranteed income in the first year and a significant raise. A written guarantee that the job is mine.

I was presented with a 5 year plan of the dealership as they move into the new building, where I’m expected to be - realistic expectations, too - for the first year, and then their projections for several years after the move. They laid it all out on the table. It was impressive.

They’ve made a couple of changes since I left and moved on a couple of people that were on the toxic side of things. Everyone there was happy to see me and it very much felt like returning home. I loved the people, it’s just the job wasn’t quite what was promised.

I’m taking a step back in position, but I’m doing what I do well at one of the top 5 Porsche dealerships in the country. I’m pumped.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:27 pm Done. I start 1/4/21.

They’ll let me work up to 3 weeks notice so I can leave Toyota as neatly as I can. Guaranteed income in the first year and a significant raise. A written guarantee that the job is mine.

I was presented with a 5 year plan of the dealership as they move into the new building, where I’m expected to be - realistic expectations, too - for the first year, and then their projections for several years after the move. They laid it all out on the table. It was impressive.

They’ve made a couple of changes since I left and moved on a couple of people that were on the toxic side of things. Everyone there was happy to see me and it very much felt like returning home. I loved the people, it’s just the job wasn’t quite what was promised.

I’m taking a step back in position, but I’m doing what I do well at one of the top 5 Porsche dealerships in the country. I’m pumped.
:notbad: :fuckyeah: congrats dude!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: fled!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yas! Moar POTML license plate frames!!!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

:fuckyeah:
That's really, really cool. Well handled, too. Nicely done. :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice man! A step down in position/responsibility to do something you enjoy more and get paid more to do it is 5/7. Congratulations on the awesome development!

When do you :nuke: Toyota?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Nice man! A step down in position/responsibility to do something you enjoy more and get paid more to do it is 5/7. Congratulations on the awesome development!

When do you :nuke: Toyota?
Did it this morning. My boss went through some stages. Happy for me. Mad at me. Frustrated that he’s got to do some work now. But generally it went well.