Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:25 pm

:ohdang:

Yeah, it would cost $40k and then they would sell 3 while everyone else clamors on about it costing too much.
Hell look at me with my two previous cars? I was then only one that bought them.
:dat:

Voting with your wallet there, which is critical to get cars built. Everyone claimed to want those things, yet nobody bought them. When a new vehicle program is starting at $100M, there needs to be strong logic to support.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:25 pm

:ohdang:

Yeah, it would cost $40k and then they would sell 3 while everyone else clamors on about it costing too much.
Hell look at me with my two previous cars? I was then only one that bought them.
:science:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:38 pm
:dat:

Voting with your wallet there, which is critical to get cars built. Everyone claimed to want those things, yet nobody bought them. When a new vehicle program is starting at $100M, there needs to be strong logic to support.
And I'll probably do it with my next one. The world needs morons like me.
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Don’t remember if I said anything last week, but our manager is leaving for another company next week. Rumor today is that Vaughn will move up from my supervisor into that manager position. That’ll be some straight up bullshit if it happens. Day one I’ll walk into his office and kill myself just to prove a point.
SAWCE

Only way I’ll stay with the company if he gets handed that manager’s position is if they pull me up to fill the supervisor role. I’d take the extra money and hope they have him take some management courses or something and that he gets better as time goes on. We’ll see what happens, but I’ll be spending some time this week updating my resume.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:20 am Only way I’ll stay with the company if he gets handed that manager’s position is if they pull me up to fill the supervisor role. I’d take the extra money and hope they have him take some management courses or something and that he gets better as time goes on. We’ll see what happens, but I’ll be spending some time this week updating my resume.
The problem with the corporate world is that when an employee is deserving of a promotion for doing a good job, the only real option is to be a people leader. BUT most people make terrible people leaders, and that's just how they are. Every garbage boss I've had has been on probation and forced to take training to be better, yet still suck.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:20 am Only way I’ll stay with the company if he gets handed that manager’s position is if they pull me up to fill the supervisor role. I’d take the extra money and hope they have him take some management courses or something and that he gets better as time goes on. We’ll see what happens, but I’ll be spending some time this week updating my resume.
The problem with the corporate world is that when an employee is deserving of a promotion for doing a good job, the only real option is to be a people leader. BUT most people make terrible people leaders, and that's just how they are. Every garbage boss I've had has been on probation and forced to take training to be better, yet still suck.
My main issue is that he’s not deserving of shit. He’s the president’s son, so he was handed the supervisor position here even though he had no prior knowledge or experience with government contracts or managing people.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:56 am
My main issue is that he’s not deserving of shit. He’s the president’s son, so he was handed the supervisor position here even though he had no prior knowledge or experience with government contracts or managing people.
:nope:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Yeah... I’m torn, but I think the right move is to ride that fucker’s coattails as far as I can go, work hard to establish myself as a valuable player in whatever role I end up, and then when the house of cards that his career is built on inevitably collapses I’ll hopefully be safe from any fallout.

My backup plan is to jump ship :hue: for .gov employment. I’ll have my resume updated and ready to submit should shit actually go sideways here.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm
Yeah... I’m torn, but I think the right move is to ride that fucker’s coattails as far as I can go, work hard to establish myself as a valuable player in whatever role I end up, and then when the house of cards that his career is built on inevitably collapses I’ll hopefully be safe from any fallout.

My backup plan is to jump ship :hue: for .gov employment. I’ll have my resume updated and ready to submit should shit actually go sideways here.
This is a good plan no matter what right now.
Apex

It’s always a good idea to keep the resume spruced up; and advice that I need to take myself. I also need to update the LinkedIn profile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:43 pm Got a call from the sales manager that was let go with me - wants me to come work with him again.

Really a shame the drive is so long, I did enjoy working with him. Also, car biz. :dislike:
Where is he working at now, I mean, what dillershit?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:43 pm Got a call from the sales manager that was let go with me - wants me to come work with him again.

Really a shame the drive is so long, I did enjoy working with him. Also, car biz. :dislike:
maybe Mini?

I mean, yob is a yob at this point, but I would take it with grain of salt and use it as a place holder.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Another Mazda store at the shore. It’s a 45 minute drive. :nope:
At least you know the product, but yea, 45 minute commute is tough.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am

This. It's not about hours, it's about productivity.
Productivity exceeds anyone else on the team; but I’m still asked to continually do more and more. So things are going to start failing because I’m not doing 15-20 hour days regularly again.

I’m already burned out but have to keep that smile going and please everyone. It sucks being at the bottom of shit mountain.
Speaking out of my ass, since I am a doer not a deligator at this point in my life (on purpose doe).

Smart people that move up train their replacement. If you do all the work you'll never be laid off or promoted. Find the in between of doing and delegating if you've got the confidence to do so.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I got a 7% raise today. Seeing as I've been doing 4 other people's jobs for 4.5 months, it's very much welcome.

I'll be hiring 2 of those people back, and have combined the other two jobs into one $15/ hourly "clerk" type paper pusher position, and my responsibility will be to look at 3 reports once a day to make sure they're not fucking up paperwork processing. That hire will be the GM's son who expressed an interest to me in doing one of the two tasks. Saves the company $25k a year and I'll get a nice chunk of that.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 pm I got a 7% raise today. Seeing as I've been doing 4 other people's jobs for 4.5 months, it's very much welcome.

I'll be hiring 2 of those people back, and have combined the other two jobs into one $15/ hourly "clerk" type paper pusher position, and my responsibility will be to look at 3 reports once a day to make sure they're not fucking up paperwork processing. That hire will be the GM's son who expressed an interest to me in doing one of the two tasks. Saves the company $25k a year and I'll get a nice chunk of that.
:mahman:

Sounds good to me!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:doomed:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Another Mazda store at the shore. It’s a 45 minute drive. :nope:
oooff, I hope the Mini is done and does good mpg
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'd probably wait for the update if they will continue for the 70% of the $600 or even bring it up to the whole $600 which was originated. Also I found out that you're still qualified apparently if you do side gigs or part time like uber, postmates etc. One of my old co-workers now makes a living out of insta-cart.
for more proof regarding about that: https://blog.taxact.com/are-my-unemploy ... s-taxable/
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 pm I got a 7% raise today. Seeing as I've been doing 4 other people's jobs for 4.5 months, it's very much welcome.

:fuckyeah: that's great news!
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:01 pm

I'd probably wait for the update if they will continue for the 70% of the $600 or even bring it up to the whole $600 which was originated. Also I found out that you're still qualified apparently if you do side gigs or part time like uber, postmates etc. One of my old co-workers now makes a living out of insta-cart.
for more proof regarding about that: https://blog.taxact.com/are-my-unemploy ... s-taxable/
I meant actually working for the federales, not sucking on their teat.

There isn’t too much of a difference though I guess.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:nice: That sounds like it works out great for everyone (other than the people who lost their jobs). Hopefully the GM's son isn't a douche, that can be awkward.

We almost hired this kid onto our team back in early March who is one of our VP's sons. He actually seemed like a really good sales guy but I was still :notsure: as the dad is kind of a tool. They initiated a 'VID hiring freeze though. It was just lifted but the kid found another job already, :ohwell:

Now we are hiring for that position again, hopefully the person they find is cool.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:58 pm

oooff, I hope the Mini is done and does good mpg
:wat:

I’m not taking that job.
Fack, I was being optimistic and see if I can find the exact same car I want locally and also the dealer in jersayyy.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

What happened to that Washington shipyard?