Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am

One I REALLY am excited about would make me neighbors with Irish.
:ohdang:

We need someone to keep track of the dude. Haven't heard from him in a while, really hope all is well.
:dat:

Please check in, Irish!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 pm Image
:lolol: accurate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 am
:popcorn:
One I REALLY am excited about would make me neighbors with Irish.
Pfizer?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Dat lunch interview doe. Pretty sure I got this in the bag, and job is mine if I want it. 2 more phone interviews to follow with CEO, CFO, and company :meat: holders.

Startup doe. Potential to make bank in a few years doe. :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm Dat lunch interview doe. Pretty sure I got this in the bag, and job is mine if I want it. 2 more phone interviews to follow with CEO, CFO, and company :meat: holders.

Oh wow, that's awesome!

Deets?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm Dat lunch interview doe. Pretty sure I got this in the bag, and job is mine if I want it. 2 more phone interviews to follow with CEO, CFO, and company :meat: holders.

Full fucking send bro
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm I received a surprise from my manager yesterday - wants to get me promoted to assistant sales manager here and put me in charge of crossing the i's and dotting the t's for the Mazda store. Reporting sales, finalizing deals, ordering and swapping inventory, desking deals.

I'd be off the floor. We'll see what happens.
Oh wow, that's rad man. Would be a great move!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 pm
I've been after a position like this for a while. Fingers crossed.
:megusta:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: sounds like it could be a good move for you!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Nice Z!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm I received a surprise from my manager yesterday - wants to get me promoted to assistant sales manager here and put me in charge of crossing the i's and dotting the t's for the Mazda store. Reporting sales, finalizing deals, ordering and swapping inventory, desking deals.

That's awesome Zach.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:fuckyeah:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:yesth:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

DFD on the move! I'm proud of us.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Amazing! Good luck my aspiring friends in the south, lots of prospective success stories on the horizon.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm Looks like things are moving forward - ironing out details on overall compensation, but I'm off the sales floor as of Monday. :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Career update:

I will continue to not move up whilst whoring myself out at the highest rate I possibly can for as long as I can. I think I am the one of the longest lasting Service Engineers in the corporation in North America! :fuckyeah: :derp:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

They're going to be lucky if I finish out my day here today. My porter/lot attendant is a no call/no show, my office phone support people (there's usually two part timers here from 9-1 on saturday to fend off phone calls so I can do my job in the morning before it dies) worked from 9-11am and left to go to the shore, and I only have one technician on duty with 6 appointments because the regular guy on the rotation left 3 months ago and my service manager STILL hasn't updated the calendar for Saturdays.

I'm getting really sick of nobody else giving a fuck.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:18 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 pm They're going to be lucky if I finish out my day here today. My porter/lot attendant is a no call/no show, my office phone support people (there's usually two part timers here from 9-1 on saturday to fend off phone calls so I can do my job in the morning before it dies) worked from 9-11am and left to go to the shore, and I only have one technician on duty with 6 appointments because the regular guy on the rotation left 3 months ago and my service manager STILL hasn't updated the calendar for Saturdays.

I'm getting really sick of nobody else giving a fuck.
Come down with some “food poisoning” from Saturday’s lunch and :nope: out.
It’s all gone, and the snarky all users email I sent to the dealership won’t let me use that as an excuse now...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm Looks like things are moving forward - ironing out details on overall compensation, but I'm off the sales floor as of Monday. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: happy to hear you got this move Reptar!
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I dunno man, that soul fulfillment at the refinery is going to be tough to beat.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 pm

I dunno man, that soul fulfillment at the refinery is going to be tough to beat.
You really don't know what you have 'til it's gone. Who else will care to comment on the leaky, moldy roof tiles?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice man! Not at all surprised, you've definitely put in the hard work and earned it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:nice: congrats
brain go brrrrrr