OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Yikes. What was the impetus to try this?
Free tickets that I didn't deserve due to my white privilege.
As it turns out you got exactly what you deserved, cracker.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:34 pm

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Wow...what a gif...

:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Just had to go on mute on my conference call.

:lolgasm:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:csb: time.

I learned a $11.50 lesson yesterday. On Saturday I tuned up my lawn mower since spring has finally arrived at The Leafy Suburban Paradise. Changed the oil, air filter, plug, and I pulled the blade and brought it to our local hardware store to sharpen it. :millenial: dude said if he didn't call me that evening he'd for sure call by Sunday. Didn't hear from him all weekend so I stopped by on my way home from work on Monday. Still not done :disappoint: , but :millennial: said it would be done by that night or Tuesday and he'd call me. :yeahok: . Didn't hear from him all day Tuesday or Wednesday but I stopped by on my home from work yesterday (good thing the place is right on my way home). The blade was done though I never received a call. :millennial: was there and said, "uh yea, I finished it up this morning." I asked why he didn't call me and he just said, "yea I didn't call". :disappoint: fucking :millennial: . Anyway, I paid the $11.50 and unwrapped it when I got to my car. Sure enough, it was sharpened - about 70% of the blade was legit sharp but the rest was barely sharper than when I brought it in. The whole blade surface had the grinding marks but he just :aintcare: about the quality of his work. :disappoint: I watched a 2 minute Ask This Old House video on mower blade sharpening and finished sharpening it myself on my grinder in a little more than 5 minutes. Also :disappoint: in myself for not doing this first since I, you know, OWN A FUCKING BENCH GRINDER. Lesson learned. Don't let :millennial: do shit you are perfectly capable of and equipped to do yourself in the name of "convenience". :rolleyes: :fucking :wap:
End :csb:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:34 pm As it turns out you got exactly what you deserved, cracker.
:impressive:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Just had to go on mute on my conference call.

Imagegasm:
Lol
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:39 pm Just had to go on mute on my conference call.

:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote::csb: time.

I learned a $11.50 lesson yesterday. On Saturday I tuned up my lawn mower since spring has finally arrived at The Leafy Suburban Paradise. Changed the oil, air filter, plug, and I pulled the blade and brought it to our local hardware store to sharpen it. :millenial: dude said if he didn't call me that evening he'd for sure call by Sunday. Didn't hear from him all weekend so I stopped by on my way home from work on Monday. Still not done :disappoint: , but :millennial: said it would be done by that night or Tuesday and he'd call me. :yeahok: . Didn't hear from him all day Tuesday or Wednesday but I stopped by on my home from work yesterday (good thing the place is right on my way home). The blade was done though I never received a call. :millennial: was there and said, "uh yea, I finished it up this morning." I asked why he didn't call me and he just said, "yea I didn't call". :disappoint: fucking :millennial: . Anyway, I paid the $11.50 and unwrapped it when I got to my car. Sure enough, it was sharpened - about 70% of the blade was legit sharp but the rest was barely sharper than when I brought it in. The whole blade surface had the grinding marks but he just :aintcare: about the quality of his work. :disappoint: I watched a 2 minute Ask This Old House video on mower blade sharpening and finished sharpening it myself on my grinder in a little more than 5 minutes. Also :disappoint: in myself for not doing this first since I, you know, OWN A FUCKING BENCH GRINDER. Lesson learned. Don't let :millennial: do shit you are perfectly capable of and equipped to do yourself in the name of "convenience". :rolleyes: :fucking :wap:
Woow! That's fucken disappointing.
wap

:lolol: :dat:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:42 pm
wap wrote::csb: time.

Woow! That's fucken disappointing.
:dat:
At least it wasn't more drachmas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So here's a little dilemma I've been pondering... I was at my neighbor's place one night recently and he wanted me to try the Dr. Ho muscle therapy gizmo. I figured why not, it seemed to do a neat job of hyper flexing my muscles and I could see how people like it, but wouldn't get one myself.

He told me that it's good for my joints and helped me affix it to my knee. We watched some hockey for 10 min while this thing pulsed away but i didnt feel like it did anything.... until I got home. My knee started clicking as I took each step up on my staircase.

Two weeks later my knee is still doing the same thing?!

So I'm wondering if the electric impulse thing did something negative to my cartilage? Anyone ever use/own one of those things? Is it unfit for use on joints? Is does anyone else have experience with knee clicking while going up stairs or other joint issues that they successfully remedied? I'm trying not to create future issues for myself if I haven't already.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm :csb: time.

Honestly, this is why I do so much myself. I just don't trust anyone to do anything anymore. This is such :|
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:21 pm So here's a little dilemma I've been pondering... I was at my neighbor's place one night recently and he wanted me to try the Dr. Ho muscle therapy gizmo. I figured why not, it seemed to do a neat job of hyper flexing my muscles and I could see how people like it, but wouldn't get one myself.

He told me that it's good for my joints and helped me affix it to my knee. We watched some hockey for 10 min while this thing pulsed away but i didnt feel like it did anything.... until I got home. My knee started clicking as I took each step up on my staircase.

So I'm wondering if the electric impulse thing did something negative to my cartilage? Anyone ever use/own one of those things? Is it unfit for use on joints? Is does anyone else have experience with knee clicking while going up stairs or other joint issues that they successfully remedied? I'm trying not to create future issues for myself if I haven't already.
If you're talking about those electrode muscle stimulator things where you have to little sticky pads that you put over a sore area and are connected to a device about the size of an older gen iPod, then yes, I have one. I get a lot of stiff necks and muscle knots in my shoulders so I use it to loosen those up. Never tried it on mah joints doe.

To your other question, my knees have been clicking when going up stairs for years. It's age related for me :wap: and bad knees are the main reason I can no longer take long bike rides. :(
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:21 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm :csb: time.

Honestly, this is why I do so much myself. I just don't trust anyone to do anything anymore. This is such :|
:dat:
It's a struggle for me :doe: because the older I get the lazier I get and the more I just want to pay people to do shit, but that is countered by circumstances like I just described above.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:21 pm So here's a little dilemma I've been pondering... I was at my neighbor's place one night recently and he wanted me to try the Dr. Ho muscle therapy gizmo. I figured why not, it seemed to do a neat job of hyper flexing my muscles and I could see how people like it, but wouldn't get one myself.

If you're talking about those electrode muscle stimulator things where you have to little sticky pads that you put over a sore area and are connected to a device about the size of an older gen iPod, then yes, I have one. I get a lot of stiff necks and muscle knots in my shoulders so I use it to loosen those up. Never tried it on mah joints doe.

To your other question, my knees have been clicking when going up stairs for years. It's age related for me :wap: and bad knees are the main reason I can no longer take long bike rides. :(
Guise I hear that Red Stripe will fix this.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:07 pm

:stfu:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:

Yeah the ipod thing with the sticky pads. I couldn't find anything on the net about joint usage but it did nothing good for them. My neighbor hates me Image . :thanksobama:

So no fix for clicking knees? Is it cartilage or ligaments? Guess I'm officially :wap: :disgust: Imageol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
wap wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:07 pm If you're talking about those electrode muscle stimulator things where you have to little sticky pads that you put over a sore area and are connected to a device about the size of an older gen iPod, then yes, I have one. I get a lot of stiff necks and muscle knots in my shoulders so I use it to loosen those up. Never tried it on mah joints doe.

:derp: I'll make sure not to offer you any :mahtroy: beer if/when we ever grab drinks together!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm
wap wrote: If you're talking about those electrode muscle stimulator things where you have to little sticky pads that you put over a sore area and are connected to a device about the size of an older gen iPod, then yes, I have one. I get a lot of stiff necks and muscle knots in my shoulders so I use it to loosen those up. Never tried it on mah joints doe.

Yeah the ipod thing with the sticky pads. I couldn't find anything on the net about joint usage but it did nothing good for them. My neighbor hates me Image . :thanksobama:

So no fix for clicking knees? Is it cartilage or ligaments? Guess I'm officially :wap: :disgust: Imageol:
No fix that I'm aware of, unfortunately. I always assumed it was cartilage but :iono:
I've been thinking lately of asking the Googles about knee strengthening exercises to see if that helps, but I haven't done it yet because I can walk just fine, which I love to do, so I don't miss my bike all that much.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
:derp: I'll make sure not to offer you any :mahtroy: beer if/when we ever grab drinks together!
You can offer it to me!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I don't have a problem with plain old beer, been drinking a lot more of it lately as all the elitist beer seems to collide with my old man health.
I understand you guys are freemen and if you like Red Stripe, carry on. As the country song goes, "You have the right to be :wrong:"

Check this poverty beer review......Hamm's came on on top here. The beer refreshing :bruh:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... d-and.html
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm
wap wrote: If you're talking about those electrode muscle stimulator things where you have to little sticky pads that you put over a sore area and are connected to a device about the size of an older gen iPod, then yes, I have one. I get a lot of stiff necks and muscle knots in my shoulders so I use it to loosen those up. Never tried it on mah joints doe.

You can try joint support supplements. I'd start with something really basic like a good fish oil/EFA supplement. Give that a week or two, see if things feel better, and then try something more specific for joints. AFAIK the major players that everyone was using over the last decade or two, glucosamine and costochondriton or whatever, have been recently disproven to actually help heal your joints. I can post up some new meathead supplements that have hit the market since that info came out with proven ingredients if you're interested.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:53 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm Yeah the ipod thing with the sticky pads. I couldn't find anything on the net about joint usage but it did nothing good for them. My neighbor hates me Image . :thanksobama:

You can try joint support supplements. I'd start with something really basic like a good fish oil/EFA supplement. Give that a week or two, see if things feel better, and then try something more specific for joints. AFAIK the major players that everyone was using over the last decade or two, glucosamine and costochondriton or whatever, have been recently disproven to actually help heal your joints. I can post up some new meathead supplements that have hit the market since that info came out with proven ingredients if you're interested.
Thanks :sawce: but I'm not interested in a chemical solution. Any exercises you can recommend?
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:23 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:15 pm :derp: I'll make sure not to offer you any :mahtroy: beer if/when we ever grab drinks together!
I don't have a problem with plain old beer, been drinking a lot more of it lately as all the elitist beer seems to collide with my old man health.
I understand you guys are freemen and if you like Red Stripe, carry on. As the country song goes, "You have the right to be :wrong:"

Check this poverty beer review......Hamm's came on on top here. The beer refreshing :bruh:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... d-and.html
:mindblown:

I’ve been drinking Hamm’s since I moved to Meatchicken 5 years ago. It’s impossibly cheap for the taste. My go to camping/lawnmower beer.

Need to send this to Michele. She’s been making fun of me for drinking this sice I started. Vindication!