OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 am
wap wrote:
Just booked our Swiss hotels and picked up a couple of books for mom for Mother's Day. E tu?
I was grilling and watching a movie.

Today I will be trying for a good 7-8 mile run, and we’re planning on going out for lunch.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:47 am Who is your medical through?

BC/BS
Why?
If it was Independence Blue Cross I had something for you. Not sure if you still can access the dillz if you’re just with a local Blue Cross but worth a look:

blue365deals.com

:therapist:
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:48 am I was grilling and watching a movie.

Today I will be trying for a good 7-8 mile run, and we’re planning on going out for lunch.

:notbad:
Run is complete, shower then lunch.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 pm First mow complete. Looking decent for mid April. A little warmth and I'll be sitting pretty
:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 pm
wap wrote:
BC/BS
Why?
If it was Independence Blue Cross I had something for you. Not sure if you still can access the dillz if you’re just with a local Blue Cross but worth a look:

blue365deals.com

5/7 will explore. Thanks.
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 pm If it was Independence Blue Cross I had something for you. Not sure if you still can access the dillz if you’re just with a local Blue Cross but worth a look:

blue365deals.com

5/7 will explore. Thanks.
Yep!

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Got back from vacation to Dgriffland on Thursday night. Picked up pup from GFs parents. Noticed some bumps on her snout but she was acting normal and wasn’t scratching so figured NBD.

Bumps staged roughly the same Friday.

Saturday they started to pop open and drain pus all over her face. Her right cheek flap was puffy and hanging low. She was visibly upset by this. Called Vet and made an appt for Monday.

Today she’s super mopey, no energy, shaking intermittently, puffy face, super sad, with all these pussy bloody bumps on her face and a massively swollen lymph node on her neck.

Gave her Benadryl to knock her out and hopefully ease some symptoms. She’s sleeping and snoring normally now.

We will see Monday. I might sleep downstairs with her tonight doe.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 pm Got back from vacation to Dgriffland on Thursday night. Picked up pup from GFs parents. Noticed some bumps on her snout but she was acting normal and wasn’t scratching so figured NBD.

Saturday they started to pop open and drain pus all over her face. Her right cheek flap was puffy and hanging low. She was visibly upset by this. Called Vet and made an appt for Monday.

Today she’s super mopey, no energy, shaking intermittently, puffy face, super sad, with all these pussy bloody bumps on her face and a massively swollen lymph node on her neck.

Gave her Benadryl to knock her out and hopefully ease some symptoms. She’s sleeping and snoring normally now.

Sounds like she maybe started sniffing into some stuff and maybe had a reaction?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 pm Got back from vacation to Dgriffland on Thursday night. Picked up pup from GFs parents. Noticed some bumps on her snout but she was acting normal and wasn’t scratching so figured NBD.

:(
Hope she's better soon doe.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Sounds like she maybe started sniffing into some stuff and maybe had a reaction?
That was our first thought but this seems more like an infection especially with the lymph node getting massive.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Are these big or little bumps?

My :doge: gets an allergic reaction once a year or so where her chin breaks out in bumps that puss and bleed. She always acts wounded, but it passes in a few days with some cortizone creme. Vet says there's really not much we can do and some :doge: are more sensitive than others.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong with your pup.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

I woke up thinking it was Sunday and I could sleep in more. You can imagine my frustration when i realized it was Monday and i had to get ready for work. This week is off to an amazing start.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 am

My :doge: gets an allergic reaction once a year or so where her chin breaks out in bumps that puss and bleed. She always acts wounded, but it passes in a few days with some cortizone creme. Vet says there's really not much we can do and some :doge: are more sensitive than others.

Fingers crossed its that easy. They're dime sized apart from the lymph node which is like a ping pong ball.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 am I woke up thinking it was Sunday and I could sleep in more. You can imagine my frustration when i realized it was Monday and i had to get ready for work. This week is off to an amazing start.
:hai: :rudy:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 am

Fingers crossed its that easy. They're dime sized apart from the lymph node which is like a ping pong ball.
Damn. Sounds a bit more severe. Really hope it's a simple fix for you/her!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am

Yeah. A few more lymph nodes started to get big last night so we'll see. She's breathing fine and still eating so that's good. GF is taking her to the vet this morning.
razr390

razr390 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 am I woke up thinking it was Sunday and I could sleep in more. You can imagine my frustration when i realized it was Monday and i had to get ready for work. This week is off to an amazing start.
:hai: :rudy:
:howdy: :wasteful:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am
Yeah. A few more lymph nodes started to get big last night so we'll see. She's breathing fine and still eating so that's good. GF is taking her to the vet this morning.
What's the word?
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 am

What's the word?
They're at the vet now. Apparently pup refused to eat this morning.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am

What's the word?
How bout now?
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:07 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 am

How bout now?
Slight fever, they found these bumps in her ears too, and one formed at her eye this morning. Looking at the sample under a microscope to see what's up.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

OMG guys, some inbred shit out a baby on some clamy, irrelevant island.

I'm so excited
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:10 am OMG guys, some inbred shit out a baby on some clamy, irrelevant island.

I'm so excited
The Queen will smite you.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:10 am OMG guys, some inbred shit out a baby on some clamy, irrelevant island.

I'm so excited
The Queen will smite you.
We had an whole war to rid ourselves of that nonsense. Went pretty well.

She is going to send her stubby legged dogs after me
Johnny_P

No bacterial/fungal infection, this is something else and has the vet concerned due to the speed it's progressing at and the amount of swelling taking place. They're going to do a skin biopsy tomorrow (first available appointment for the lab they work with), and are giving her pain medications for today. They don't want to give antibiotics because they don't know what it is. But she'll be with them all day tomorrow for this.

Also going to take some blood samples and review those, and check for mites which is unlikely.

Poor pup.