thats WAY worse then Elbowgate
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you.
https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2 ... 38684.html
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Worst was went I went to Ikea with a buddy in his TL and bought the 2x4 cube Expedit and we learned that the TL doesn't have any pass-through at all.. Rear seats dont fold down on his MY. :dafuq: That was a cramped ride home.. I'm 6'3 and he's 6'5" and the box was probably 5.5" long or so plus a few feet wide.
Yeah non-folding rear seat is useless on a sedan. Many BMWs don't, er, didn't, have folding rears in the E90 generation. IIRC 1st gen WRX's didn't have folding seats in the sedans either.
WRX seats unbolted in 2 seconds, so it required a bit of pre-planning.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I did, but I'm going to sit him down and make him look at the quote log/tracker spreadsheet when he gets in to make sure he knows what he's looking at.
And he's here :popcorn:
:ohdang:
In4updates
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah non-folding rear seat is useless on a sedan. Many BMWs don't, er, didn't, have folding rears in the E90 generation. IIRC 1st gen WRX's didn't have folding seats in the sedans either.
WRX seats unbolted in 2 seconds, so it required a bit of pre-planning.
:gay:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:39 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:27 pm

It's the only car that I can recall ever trying to fold seats down on and not being able to. Blew my mind.
Whatever did all of those people do from 1902-1990?
Drove wagons.
wap

dubshow wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 pm Image
thats WAY worse then Elbowgate
:triggered:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

We finally found 70 degrees today. Thank fucking Jeesus. Finally pullled out the patio furniture. Zilch has the egg fired up.

Calling for snow again on Monday but fuck that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:10 pm
Apex wrote:
You got MLP on the brain today. Have you been humming the theme song?

Sent from the Beer Depository
Slowbro9001
Gravy Craver
Gravy Craver
Drives: 2001 Miata, 2009 Ram 1500

Sno wrote:We finally found 70 degrees today. Thank fucking Jeesus. Finally pullled out the patio furniture. Zilch has the egg fired up.

Is the BGE everything I think it is? Or is it moar?

Want

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Those eggs are the best.

*reserved for no content*
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Slowbro9001 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 pm
Sno wrote:We finally found 70 degrees today. Thank fucking Jeesus. Finally pullled out the patio furniture. Zilch has the egg fired up.

Is the BGE everything I think it is? Or is it moar?

Want

Is 5/7. We’ve had ours for two years now and haven’t looked back. Zilch can speak more on the smoking abilities, I only do the eating. But everything that comes off of it is damn good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Sno wrote:
Slowbro9001 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 pm Is the BGE everything I think it is? Or is it moar?

Want

Is 5/7. We’ve had ours for two years now and haven’t looked back. Zilch can speak more on the smoking abilities, I only do the eating. But everything that comes off of it is damn good.
Ask him if there are tangible benefits over the good ol underrated standard Weber.

:therapist:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm
Sno wrote:
Ask him if there are tangible benefits over the good ol underrated standard Weber.

I also have a weber kettle that I still use.

Benefits of egg is mostly versatility
Gets got enough and holds heat well enough to grill year round
Low and slow cooking/smoking
Ability to get super hot. Beyond 900 degrees if you really wanted to.

Lifetime warranty is a plus ceramics will likely crack at some point.

Basically, if you like the idea of grilling year round and are looking for something with a bit more versatility then it might be worth it.

If all you do is burgers and steaks on nice days, then probably not worth it.

Fwiw, if grilling something quick, or if I need extra grill space I use the Weber.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

I use a Weber. Love it. Really can't go wrong with a Weber.
*reserved for no content*
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

NEEK wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm I use a Weber. Love it. Really can't go wrong with a Weber.
Also dat. I will probably always own one. Last forever with minimal care.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

NEEK wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm I use a Weber. Love it. Really can't go wrong with a Weber.
I still love my Webers and actually prefer to smoke on the Weber Smokey Mountain. For grilling I like the egg since I can do 1000F steaks for 1.5 minutes a side and they are insane.

The BGE is also expensive. I bought the XL which is about the size of the 22" Weber, but it was bank.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 pm
I still love my Webers and actually prefer to smoke on the Weber Smokey Mountain. For grilling I like the egg since I can do 1000F steaks for 1.5 minutes a side and they are insane.

The BGE is also expensive. I bought the XL which is about the size of the 22" Weber, but it was bank.
We have a medium and have been more than happy with it but we are a household of two and rarely have enough people over to warrant anything larger. Zilch originally wanted the large and when I talked to the sales guys about it, he made me very comfortable that the medium would be more than enough for us without feeling like I was going to get Zilch something that was almoooooost what he wanted but not quite. The sales guy mentioned multiple times that you could put an extra large and a medium in his back yard and 95% of the time, he'd cook on the medium. That when they cooked out for the staff there at the store, they even just fired up the medium. And it's a sales guy, its in his best interest to upsale me.

If you cook out for dozens of people on the regular, I could justify it. Otherwise, I think a lot of times, a medium does great. But yes, bank either way, and only the difference of about a couple hundred between the sizes so if you're going to do it, you might as well do it.

I always suggest looking for them after events. About once a year, every egg dealer will do an outdoor grilling event where they put about 30 of them to use and then need to get rid of them because they can't sell them at full price. They get sold at a discount and it's about the only time you'll see them on sale. StripeThree just picked one up this way.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 am

We have a medium and have been more than happy with it but we are a household of two and rarely have enough people over to warrant anything larger. Zilch originally wanted the large

TL;DR
so you should move somewhere with more friends and get the larger grill.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I have the og orginal size. It was a hand me down from my dad when he upgraded to the massive oval XL. For large racks of ribs and some roast, the oval is way better. The smaller size just cant handle the big :meat:

especially if you are trying to do multiple things like chicken and ribs... even with the double rack.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:03 am

I have the og orginal size. It was a hand me down from my dad when he upgraded to the massive oval XL. For large racks of ribs and some roast, the oval is way better. The smaller size just cant handle the big :meat:

especially if you are trying to do multiple things like chicken and ribs... even with the double rack.
Thats why I went bigger. As Snow mentioned, my salesman tried to put me in a standard size telling me I'd probably never use it...

But we do cook brisket and pork butts at the same time a few times a year.

I used to have 2 of the 18" Smokey Mountains and it sucked trying to shoehorn them into them, so I got the 22" WSM.

When we BBQ I usually try to have left overs to eat over the week and that meat can go into a lot of dishes for some awesome flavor. And, it doesn't help that my sister owns the house next door, so they smell the smoker and start pooping their heads over the fence. My youngest nephew isn't even trying to be subtle about it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wow i blew past 10k posts
brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Did DFD just disconnect? I couldn't access it at all for a few minutes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:51 am
datgrundle wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 am Did DFD just disconnect? I couldn't access it at all for a few minutes.
Yeah, I experienced a brief outage as well.

Our provider couldn't believe the crang thread was real and temporarily blocked us as a spam forum
:dat: and legit :lolol:
brain go brrrrrr