OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
User avatar
wap
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24280
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:53 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:42 pm
wap wrote:
There has been tons of evidence showing it occurred, :doe: Dat fossil record.
:dat:

A scientific theory is not a fucking guesstimate. It has to be observable, testable, and supported by significant evidence... Not at all equivalent to "I searched my feelings and know this to be true" :rolleyes:
and peer reviewed, repeatable, etc.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 pm

SAWCE wrote:
wap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm
There has been tons of evidence showing it occurred, :doe: Dat fossil record.
There are fossils that prove evolution? Or there are fossils that are related enough that scientists believe they show evolution?
There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?

User avatar
SAWCE
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9426
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 pm
SAWCE wrote:
There are fossils that prove evolution? Or there are fossils that are related enough that scientists believe they show evolution?
There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?
I’m saying that until you can prove yours without a shadow of a doubt, you have no room to call me an idiot for what I believe. I don’t care what you believe, I don’t think you’re an idiot for it. My personal belief has never and will never personally effect you.
:sawce:

User avatar
wap
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24280
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Another beautiful thing about science is that it tries to prove itself wrong and will change current prevailing beliefs if better evidence presents itself. It challenges itself to get shit right.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:08 am

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 pm
There's always an element of uncertainty in scientific pursuits. What's your point? Do you have an idea that fits the current research better than what the scientific community has to offer? Where can I read it to verify your claims?
I’m saying that until you can prove yours without a shadow of a doubt, you have no room to call me an idiot for what I believe. I don’t care what you believe, I don’t think you’re an idiot for it. My personal belief has never and will never personally effect you.
That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

That kind of thinking affects the whole world when you keep forcing it on your children and allowing others to do so without question. It leads to trumpistan and old diseases making comebacks. YOU are actively hurting the human race by weakening developed herd immunities. YOU are holding back progress by defunding education and exploration and reducing the level of public discussion to :sass: :rolleyes: :yeahok:

Your actions affect others.

User avatar
SAWCE
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9426
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:17 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:08 am
SAWCE wrote:
I’m saying that until you can prove yours without a shadow of a doubt, you have no room to call me an idiot for what I believe. I don’t care what you believe, I don’t think you’re an idiot for it. My personal belief has never and will never personally effect you.
That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

That kind of thinking affects the whole world when you keep forcing it on your children and allowing others to do so without question. It leads to trumpistan and old diseases making comebacks. YOU are actively hurting the human race by weakening developed herd immunities. YOU are holding back progress by defunding education and exploration and reducing the level of public discussion to :sass: :rolleyes: :yeahok:

Your actions affect others.
I actually don’t plan on taking my children to church. If they discover it own their own and it’s something they want in their lives, cool. So, no, I’m not doing any of those things. Keep on making generalizations and spreading hate though :jesus:
:sawce:

User avatar
SAWCE
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9426
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am

You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:sawce:

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:08 am
That's the fucking point - and the problem. You think that your feelings are just as valid as :science: because there is always doubt in science. The burden of proof that you will accept from me is impossibly high, wheras all you need to "prove" yourself right is a gut feeling. This way you can claim to have an open mind without ever having to actually think critically about anything. You're free to dismiss any evidence against your positions with double standards like that.

That kind of thinking affects the whole world when you keep forcing it on your children and allowing others to do so without question. It leads to trumpistan and old diseases making comebacks. YOU are actively hurting the human race by weakening developed herd immunities. YOU are holding back progress by defunding education and exploration and reducing the level of public discussion to :sass: :rolleyes: :yeahok:

Your actions affect others.
I actually don’t plan on taking my children to church. If they discover it own their own and it’s something they want in their lives, cool. So, no, I’m not doing any of those things. Keep on making generalizations and spreading hate though :jesus:
What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3893
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am
SAWCE wrote:
I actually don’t plan on taking my children to church. If they discover it own their own and it’s something they want in their lives, cool. So, no, I’m not doing any of those things. Keep on making generalizations and spreading hate though :jesus:
What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.
In your opinion.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am
What the fuck? You are sitting here claiming to be smarter than any scientist who has ever lived. That's one of "those things" - Guess what, champ? Accepting faith over :fax: makes you exactly what is wrong with the world. That plus accepting others who accept faith over :fax: might not be as bad as forcing kids to do it too, but you're still on the wrong side of the issue.
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15104
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Murica!

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 am

wap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 pm
razr390 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:42 pm

:notsure:

why aren't there other planets with life on them? I believe there are (& should be) in a universe this vast, but how come we haven't come across any yet?
There have to be, just by the shear numbers of planets out there. The most likely reason we haven't found life yet is simply the massively vast distances between planets.
The other complicating factor that is hand in hand with distance is time.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 am

SAWCE wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am
You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
WRONG.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am

OT was :fuckyeah: today. :amazing:

And it's not over yet!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3893
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In your opinion.
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
Go to bed Troy, you're fucked up.

You think every one of your OPINIONS are facts and anyone that doesn't agree is a moron.

Not buying it.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am

razr390 wrote:
SAWCE wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am
You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 am

Religion is faith based. If you're looking for facts or stats to prove or disprove it, you're missing the point.

Work on building your faith, not tearing down science. And using science to disprove religion with is pointless. They are not mutually exclusive ideas
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am
razr390 wrote:
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
You're right.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15104
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Murica!

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 am
Religion is faith based. If you're looking for facts or stats to prove or disprove it, you're missing the point.

Work on building your faith, not tearing down science. And using science to disprove religion with is pointless. They are not mutually exclusive.
Even with a profound lack of faith myself, I like you and I like your comment.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am
Yeah man. Gravity is only a theory too. Einstein didn't know shit.

I believe I can fly.
Go to bed Troy, you're fucked up.

You think every one of your OPINIONS are facts and anyone that doesn't agree is a moron.

Not buying it.
That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

How can there possibly be this much resistance to the idea that feelings are not facts?

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am
razr390 wrote:
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
Why do they never show your legs?

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15104
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Murica!

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 am

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Go to bed Troy, you're fucked up.

You think every one of your OPINIONS are facts and anyone that doesn't agree is a moron.

Not buying it.
That's you, bro. You've never been wrong about anything in your life. I can't think of much that I believed 10 years ago and still believe today. Almost everything I've done in the past 20 years has been wrong.

How can there possibly be this much resistance to the idea that feelings are not facts?
Everyone that disagrees with you is pretty successful and you're the one complaining about your lack of success. Therefore feelings are definitely facts.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
wap
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24280
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 am

Bender wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 am
wap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 pm


There have to be, just by the shear numbers of planets out there. The most likely reason we haven't found life yet is simply the massively vast distances between planets.
The other complicating factor that is hand in hand with distance is time.
Yep. Dat pesky spacetime.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am
You can't prove I'm not a Time Lord, therefore it's equally likely that I'm here from Melmac and will eat your cat.
Why do they never show your legs?
I don't need legs. The theory of gravity is bullshit propaganda. That Einstein fuck was just trying to discredit :jesus:

Fucking Jews...

User avatar
wap
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24280
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 am

razr390 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 am
SAWCE wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am
You have beliefs of your own Troy. Just today you stated your life is worth at least $1,000,000 and the reason you’ll never be a cop is because they won’t pay you that much. Your life isn’t worth a dollar more than you actually earn.
:fax:

:mahtroy: is just another biological organism in the scientific planet of Earth full of other biological living beings. Living his life until he dies, and that's it.

:science:
:dat:
He won't disagree with this.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest