Passive Aggressive Mumblings in Small City, Middle America

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Our local paper (http://www.therepublic.com/) features a section called Orchids and Onions where in the local community can offer anonymous praise (Orchid) or criticism (Onion) to the various goings-on in and around the city. ITT I will feature some of the highlights that I read daily. I will provide context when appropriate, but often the comments can stand on their own.

Today's offering:

Onions ...to those who breastfeed in public.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

^ fuck that guy ^
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 am Our local paper (http://www.therepublic.com/) features a section called Orchids and Onions where in the local community can offer anonymous praise (Orchid) or criticism (Onion) to the various goings-on in and around the city. ITT I will feature some of the highlights that I read daily. I will provide context when appropriate, but often the comments can stand on their own.

Today's offering:

:lolgasm:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

My God people are such fragile little flowers anymore, aren't they?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 am My God people are such fragile little flowers anymore, aren't they?
..and we live in a decidedly conservative city (the hometown of Pence). I love when the snowflake reference is used to describe Dems when I see things like this.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am ^ fuck that guy ^
:lolgasm:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 am My God people are such fragile little flowers anymore, aren't they?
Want free education? SUCH A SNOWFLAKE!!!

WAIT, SOMEONE SAID 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS' :rage:

American, I am :disappoint:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 am Our local paper (http://www.therepublic.com/) features a section called Orchids and Onions where in the local community can offer anonymous praise (Orchid) or criticism (Onion) to the various goings-on in and around the city. ITT I will feature some of the highlights that I read daily. I will provide context when appropriate, but often the comments can stand on their own.

Today's offering:

disgonnabegood.jpg
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dat:

Dem letters are good too - I will add some of them as well.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Oh, I love this idea.

I used to read these pretty frequently when I worked for the city. But for a solid two years, my department was on the front page about three times a week. You needed to read the paper as much as your emails as prep for that day's meetings. Zilch and I actually paid to have a real-life newspaper print delivered to the house on the weekends.

This particular section rarely fails to deliver entertainment. I'm sad we missed the opportunity it presented during Trump election. Between the townies we refer to as PolarPops and the millennials Cummins has brought to town, the back and forth can get amusing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Snowflakes.... snowflakes everywhere. :amazing:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Today's offering:

What an asshole. :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am ^ fuck that guy ^
:fuckyeah:
wap

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am
..and we live in a decidedly conservative city (the hometown of Pence). I love when the snowflake reference is used to describe Dems when I see things like this.
So much :dat:
wap

Melon wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am
Want free education? SUCH A SNOWFLAKE!!!

WAIT, SOMEONE SAID 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS' :rage:

American, I am :disappoint:
:bravo:
wap

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm

I'd take him over Brump.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 pm
wap wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm

I'd take him over Brump.
I get that, I really do. But in a way Pence is even more dangerous that Herr Cheato in that he they share the same agenda but he actually knows how to legislate so could quite probably get the things done that Trump was too stupid to be able to make happen.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

I'd take him over Brump.
I get that, I really do. But in a way Pence is even more dangerous that Herr Cheato in that he they share the same agenda but he actually knows how to legislate so could quite probably get the things done that Trump was too stupid to be able to make happen.
Eh, I prefer the office of POTUS occupied by a sane bible beater than the national embarrassment that is our current situ. And I fking detest the religious right.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I'd take him over Brump.
atleast trump is clueless, essentially his goal is to "delete" obama from the history by reversing what he did.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Eh, I prefer the office of POTUS occupied by a sane bible beater than the national embarrassment that is our current situ. And I fking detest the religious right.
Talk about an anti-Sophie's choice
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

It's fucked for sure. I'd characterize myself as a moderate libertarian, lefty on MOST social issues, righty on fiscal issues. I have huge problems with evangelicals and equally huge problems with frankly, even more militant liberals. In short, I hate people without reason. And more intensely with each passing day. I guess I'm a fking democrat these days because BOTH parties don't give a fk about spending our country into oblivion, they just do it different ways. I can't get onboard with any GOP social issue, except maybe "work for a living."......not sure how that isn't just common sense.

I was quite pleased that Roy Moore was defeated, in large part because Cheeto urged folks to vote for him because hey, we need to pass our agenda. I saw that woman who said old Roy signed her yearbook, and that testimony had the ring of truth to me....it had it to Mitch McConnell and everybody fking else too until all integrity was flushed, like that's a new concept.

I'm ready to Randy Weaver it and go off the grid, the shit's depressing.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Ain't no difference between religious folks and Trumpkins. Toss a coin on that one. Both need to be rooted out if we are ever to make any meaningful progress. Both willfully deny :fax: to the point of being dangerous and are happy to perpetuate petty bickering to stay in power.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm
wap wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

It's fucked for sure. I'd characterize myself as a moderate libertarian, lefty on MOST social issues, righty on fiscal issues. I have huge problems with evangelicals and equally huge problems with frankly, even more militant liberals. In short, I hate people without reason. And more intensely with each passing day. I guess I'm a fking democrat these days because BOTH parties don't give a fk about spending our country into oblivion, they just do it different ways. I can't get onboard with any GOP social issue, except maybe "work for a living."......not sure how that isn't just common sense.

I was quite pleased that Roy Moore was defeated, in large part because Cheeto urged folks to vote for him because hey, we need to pass our agenda. I saw that woman who said old Roy signed her yearbook, and that testimony had the ring of truth to me....it had it to Mitch McConnell and everybody fking else too until all integrity was flushed, like that's a new concept.

I'm ready to Randy Weaver it and go off the grid, the shit's depressing.

My dream home, because fuck people.