How do you jam? Music POLE

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What do you use to stream and download music?

Apple Music
6%
Spotify
29%
Google Play
13%
Amazon Music
10%
Pandora
26%
Slacker
3%
Other
13%

Total votes: 31
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I dont download music anymore. It isnt because I am against it. I dont give a shit.
But 99% percent of rock and indie is on the YouTube... Don't forget adblocker. I love listening to concerts on YouTube too. If I'm in my car I just listen to whatever is on the radio. 96.7Kcal rocks! ( No you rock!) Or country. Anything but KROQ and their hip hop imagine dragons shit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I have Slacker Premium, mostly because I've always had it and like it, no real reason to change.

You can listen to anything at any time.
You can download anything to your device.
I occasionally enjoy the stations they put together, and think their genre/artist based station algorithms are pretty good.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Didn't yahoo do some sort of music stream thing back in the day?
Damn I miss yahoo pool
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:13 pm :dat: especially when I don't want to use data or travel internationally where you can't have as much internet accessability, music downloaded in your phone is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spotify Premium allows downloading of content to the device.
that's news to me, i'll take a look :themoreyouknow:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:16 am Didn't yahoo do some sort of music stream thing back in the day?
Damn I miss yahoo pool
Yep. I used to listen to Yahoo music a bunch of years ago. They had a great 80's New Wave station.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Side note.
We should yahoo pool.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Spotify Premium
Google Music
My ripped FLAC/MP3s
BeyondPod for podcasts.

Android phone, Android Auto connected in the cars.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I haven't had any issues with Spotify (premium too) on Android. Not to mention is has seamless integration with Waze and you can download to stream offline.

I occasionally use Google Play Music for podcasts that aren't on Spotify.

We primarily use Pandora on our Echo at home.
The panda hath arrived.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I'm pretty much torn between apple music and spotify. I'll have to test them both out. It's just so much work to rebuild a music library :dislike:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I feel like I should renew my xm satellite subscription to my car. It was expired, and I was :aintcare: cause I was considering to trade in, and here i am now, still driving it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm I feel like I should renew my xm satellite subscription to my car. It was expired, and I was :aintcare: cause I was considering to trade in, and here i am now, still driving it.
Did they email you with any :dill: about renewing?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:02 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm I feel like I should renew my xm satellite subscription to my car. It was expired, and I was :aintcare: cause I was considering to trade in, and here i am now, still driving it.
Yea do not renew without a :dill:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I don't remember, it was a year ago, It came with my car.

edit: also forgot to mention, weeks before my previous car (mk6 gti) got totaled, i had it renewed, then when I got the mk7, i had it transferred, stayed for 1.5 years if i remember.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:09 pm

I don't remember, it was a year ago, It came with my car.
The deals I was offered recently were $30 for 5 months, renewing at the normal rate (way too expensive) and $109/year with all the taxes and royalty fees.

I renewed the Corvette for 5 months and it is up next month and I will cancel. The Camaro is still in the free 1 year and the Jeep has about 7 more months on it. With the channel restructuring I am less likely to renew on the Camaro, but the wife demands it in the Jeep.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

XM sucks even for 5 a month. :nope:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:46 pm XM sucks even for 5 a month. :nope:
I'd rock sat radio for $5 a month.

Lithium ain't bad
The comedy stations are great for long drives too.

It's also been 4 years since I've had XM too, new truk will be a taste of it, and I have a feeling I'll :aintcare: and won't renew.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:46 pm XM sucks even for 5 a month. :nope:

Lithium ain't bad

It's also been 4 years since I've had XM too, new truk will be a taste of it, and I have a feeling I'll :aintcare: and won't renew.
The issues I have now are:

1. They took away Faction, which was the only station that played Punk and made it an internet only streaming channel. They replaced it with "Turbo" which is 90's rock, like Lithium but not grunge.
2. I've found that Lithium, Turbo and Hair Metal and most of the other rock stations are a 24 hour pre-recorded loop. Tune in tomorrow at the same time to hear the exact same play list in the same order with the same lame DJ comments sprinkled in between songs.

Gets old really fast when you get in the car about the same time every day.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Oh wow. It appears to have gone downhill since I had the service last. Doesn't look like I'll renew after my free XM subscription is up on the new truck.

Lithium was always so-so.
I liked the RawDog comedy station, but it had ads, which was annoying since I subscribed to a service that was mostly commercial-free.

Spotify and Android auto, call it a day.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Sprint had a promotion with Tidal, for 6 months free trial.

Dont have Sprint, but somehow I was able to get the promo to work. Didnt have to put any CC info either, just an email.

Been more than 6 months, its still active.

Dont use it though, dont like the UI and its owned by Jay-Z so even though they have all sorts of genres. Its heavily hip hop oriented.

Spotify just does everything better and matches me with new artists/tracks based on the music I already listen too.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 pm
Melon wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Lithium ain't bad

The issues I have now are:

1. They took away Faction, which was the only station that played Punk and made it an internet only streaming channel. They replaced it with "Turbo" which is 90's rock, like Lithium but not grunge.
2. I've found that Lithium, Turbo and Hair Metal and most of the other rock stations are a 24 hour pre-recorded loop. Tune in tomorrow at the same time to hear the exact same play list in the same order with the same lame DJ comments sprinkled in between songs.

Gets old really fast when you get in the car about the same time every day.
:dat:

and it worked like shit in the mountains. and even the comedy is on a loop; they play alot of the same shit over and over.
brain go brrrrrr
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

So I guess spotify has a student discount - $5 a month and includes a subscription to Hulu. :notbad: I think I'm gonna try it.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

My wife has spotify premium on her iPhone and she likes it. I find the music is a bit more diverse on there vs pandora where I seem to always find the same songs. It also plays at work. But pandora does not get past our firewalls. Spotify also allows you to download to your phone when youre in BFE. Which is nice.

I personally use Youtube at work and regular panora or the radio in my car. I dont mind the ads too much.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I've been using spotify premium for about a month now and it's perfect. 5/7 would recommend.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:33 pm
haleyann wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:20 pm I've been using spotify premium for about a month now and it's perfect. 5/7 would recommend.
I love premium. The best part is that you can save songs on your phone, which is great for places like the fap, where there's no cell service whatsoever.
exactly! I just downloaded a few of my favorite playlists so I'm not constantly streaming while I'm driving around.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Damn I should’ve listened to you guys on Spotify, from now on, no more itunes, i’m hooked on that thing!!! Now i’m fucking around with the 7 day trial on premium, and will wait on thursday when the free trial ends, and how much a month y’all pay for spotify premium?

I think its a great blend of pandora in regards of clicking radio of an artist, genre, sub genre, etc as well as the opportunity to repeat music like you would on itunes or w/e music you downloaded onto iphone, in terms of playing it and repeating it all you want. This is fucking great, now i’m kicking myself on why I haven’t done this before. :fuckyeah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk