How do you jam? Music POLE

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What do you use to stream and download music?

Apple Music
6%
Spotify
29%
Google Play
13%
Amazon Music
10%
Pandora
26%
Slacker
3%
Other
13%

Total votes: 31
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I'm being forced to change my music service and I haven't had to choose one for over a decade.... It's tough to choose. I was using Groove (aka Xbox Music aka Zune) but Microsoft is discontinuing it and merging with Spotify.

So what do you use and why do you like it? What don't you like?
Last edited by haleyann on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Spotify
YouTube
or downloaded MP3's
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Spotify Premium or regular Pandora. Spotify on the computer at work, but Pandora on my phone. The Spotify app sucks hard.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

voted google music, have several answers:

i google music for podcasts. the integration with android is great, but it looses my place often and it only allows you to autodownload 3 episodes. five or a custom setting per podcast would be great. listening to 2-3 hour shows...its rage inducing when a new d/l hits and it both looses my spot and makes me re-d/l.

as a music player for mp3 media....meh. it works. I like the integration with android.

Overdrive for audio books

amazon music for streaming radio when the wife isn't using the account, pandora when she is.

I still get mp3/4 media that I'd like to have anytime 'other ways'
brain go brrrrrr
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm Spotify Premium or regular Pandora. Spotify on the computer at work, but Pandora on my phone. The Spotify app sucks hard.
spotify app on iphone or android?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I use regular pandora when I feel like streaming something.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm on Pandora 20 hours a day. 8-10 hours a day at work on my phone, and at home at my computer.
Our band is actually on Spotify I think, but I've never really used it. I go through waves of specific subgenres of metal on Pandora and switch it up every other week.
I'm trying to find my total stream time but can't find it online or on the app. I remember it was something like 4,000+ hours or some shit like that.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

haleyann wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:39 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm Spotify Premium or regular Pandora. Spotify on the computer at work, but Pandora on my phone. The Spotify app sucks hard.
iPhone. Haven't bothered to try it on my Pixel yet.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:49 pm
haleyann wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:39 pm

iPhone. Haven't bothered to try it on my Pixel yet.
ohhhh that's no good. I use my phone primarily for music.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I still buy physical media for music :iono: Most of it comes with digital download cards, and then I download the songs and load them onto my phone and/or computer. If I want to listen to something I don't own, I just stream it on youtube.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 pm I still buy physical media for music :iono: Most of it comes with digital download cards, and then I download the songs and load them onto my phone and/or computer. If I want to listen to something I don't own, I just stream it on youtube.
wow. you are old school. :wap:

I do like having downloaded music though. I don't like relying on having internet to listen to music. Especially when I want to listen to music on a plane or on road trips through the boonies.
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 pm I still buy physical media for music :iono: Most of it comes with digital download cards, and then I download the songs and load them onto my phone and/or computer. If I want to listen to something I don't own, I just stream it on youtube.

I do like having downloaded music though. I don't like relying on having internet to listen to music. Especially when I want to listen to music on a plane or on road trips through the boonies.
Yeah I like having the downloaded music for when I don't have cell service. I also like throwing a record on at the house and listening to that, even though I know it means I'll have to flip the record over after 15-20 minutes or so.
Acid666

I thought this too for a while. But with our cd release, I've had more people ask for a physical copy than we've had digital downloads. I thought I'd set up our stuff online and nearly everyone would go to Itunes and Google Play to download it, but the numbers just weren't where I thought they'd be. Nearly everyone wanted to get a physical copy at one of our shows. I'm the complete opposite. I get a cd, I burn it and put it on my phone and computer and never look at the disc again.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
I buy my music, either digitally from Amazon or the iTunes store for my iPod, or actual CD's (yes, I still like to buy the occasional CD. Fuck you, don't judge me.) I have a few thousand songs on an SD card that I play in my :turboyaris), on a micro SD card so I can play them on my phone, on my old gen 4 iPod Nano that I don't use much any more, on my laptop, and on my desktop computers at work and home. I don't really stream because with all my songs so readily available I don't see the point.

For audiobooks I currently use Hoopla, which seems to have become way less buggy lately, so that's good.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:21 pmI get a cd, I burn it and put it on my phone and computer and never look at the disc again.
This is what I do. Rip mp3's on to PC, move copies to 200 GB microSD card on phone, use PowerAmp android app for playback.

I need to cull some shit :doe: because the SD card is full and I have a bunch of things I want to put on there.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:23 pm

:hai:
I buy my music, either digitally from Amazon or the iTunes store for my iPod, or actual CD's (yes, I still like to buy the occasional CD. Fuck you, don't judge me.) I have a few thousand songs on an SD card that I play in my :turboyaris), on a micro SD card so I can play them on my phone, on my old gen 4 iPod Nano that I don't use much any more, on my laptop, and on my desktop computers at work and home. I don't really stream because with all my songs so readily available I don't see the point.

For audiobooks I currently use Hoopla, which seems to have become way less buggy lately, so that's good.
Yeah I've got something like 4,000 songs on my phone. It's rare that I ever stream music. Mostly just when a new album comes out and I want to listen before buying.
Acid666

Streaming is $$$$$$$$$$$$ wow so many monies.
Last edited by Acid666 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pmIt's rare that I ever stream music. Mostly just when a new album comes out and I want to listen before buying.
:dat: is the only thing I really use it for also. Youtube to preview shit to decide whether to buy it.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pmIt's rare that I ever stream music. Mostly just when a new album comes out and I want to listen before buying.
:dat: is the only thing I really use it for also. Youtube to preview shit to decide whether to buy it.
Music bros.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Spotify Premium here
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote:I still buy physical media for music :iono: Most of it comes with digital download cards, and then I download the songs and load them onto my phone and/or computer. If I want to listen to something I don't own, I just stream it on youtube.
:dat: especially when I don't want to use data or travel internationally where you can't have as much internet accessability, music downloaded in your phone is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Mostly itunes, pandora and youtube, thats about it

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:09 pm Spotify Premium here
Hiiippppsssterrrrrrrrr

*puts on vinyl record*
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:13 pm :dat: especially when I don't want to use data or travel internationally where you can't have as much internet accessability, music downloaded in your phone is the way to go.

Spotify Premium allows downloading of content to the device.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Youtube, Amazon Music, Sirius, and good old FM
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR