The Sno Show - Tales of Wedding Fuckery

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:36 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:27 am

Tell her you have the Heat Miser on speed dial and he is going to melt all of it.
:lolgasm:

YASSS
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:09 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:50 am We had a crazy easy day schedule yesterday but we did not have a crazy easy day. The couple got married privately in New Mexico earlier in the week and the reception was simple and scheduled with us. Lunch starting at noon, wrapped by 3:00, home in time for dinner.

Until a 16 hour winter weather advisory hit. I stayed in Indy overnight in Friday to save myself an extra 45 minutes of a drive but I had interns driving in, as well. The snow was supposed to start at 2:00 am and when I got up at 5:30, there wasn’t a flake to be seen. By 6:30 when I got on the road, it was coming down in sheets. We all got in on time but it continued to come down and we had at least six inches on the ground by the time we were packing up. Miraculously, no major issues for the reception. Florist, caterer, etc. all prepared and arrived on time. As well as my interns. Hallefuckinlujah. They might actually be a capable team this season. The drive home on the other hand was painful and took over two hours. I lost count of slide offs and spent the entire trip doing under 30 mph. The Fiat’s traction control is :impressive: doe.

Girl Scout wedding badge earned for weather advisory.

As for drama, I have a close friend who started dating a new guy about a year ago. Zilch and I have both met him, like him, he’s a little awkward but all around seems like a decent guy. Dude walked in with another chick yesterday to the wedding. I’m trying to not assume anything but he definitely looked like he saw a ghost when he saw me and I’m trying to not assume that’s guilt. I never got a chance to talk to him or witness anything incriminating but?...
Tell your friend. If he wasn't doing anything wrong then she already knows. If he was...
Good point is good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:29 am
wap wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 am Once again, :popcorn:
I have explored the idea of doing a podcast. Every week I get more and more convinced to give it a shot.
:doit: , but please don't stop posting here.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno, how many are on your team for a given wedding?
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:39 pm Sno, how many are on your team for a given wedding?
Depends on the wedding, mostly on guest head count because that is what affects our most time consuming tasks.
Say placing place cards or favors at each place setting, or tying sashes around chairs; those tasks are way more consuming for a headcount of 500 than of 100. And most of the time we only have a certain amount of hours to get things completed, wether based on venue access or the rest of the wedding schedule (ex: full catholic ceremonies where at least two staff members can do nothing but sit still for an hour and a half and it’s a total labor suck.) But if the venue booked a breakfast event and we don’t have access until 1:00 but the ceremony is at 3:30, I need a team big enough to split forces. Leave some at the reception site and I’m at the ceremony, preferably with an assistant. So 500 favors can still be being placed while I am stuck in a ceremony. Four places at once, basically.

I never do a wedding without at least an assistant coordinator. Her and I can do a 500 person wedding by ourselves if we have to but it sucks. But currently we can go up to six of us total. Me, an assisant coordinator, four interns. The intern number fluxates depending on time of year. Typical, normal, 200ish wedding/75% of our weddings? Team of four.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:39 pm Sno, how many are on your team for a given wedding?
Depends on the wedding, mostly on guest head count because that is what affects our most time consuming tasks.
Say placing place cards or favors at each place setting, or tying sashes around chairs; those tasks are way more consuming for a headcount of 500 than of 100. And most of the time we only have a certain amount of hours to get things completed, wether based on venue access or the rest of the wedding schedule (ex: full catholic ceremonies where at least two staff members can do nothing but sit still for an hour and a half and it’s a total labor suck.) But if the venue booked a breakfast event and we don’t have access until 1:00 but the ceremony is at 3:30, I need a team big enough to split forces. Leave some at the reception site and I’m at the ceremony, preferably with an assistant. So 500 favors can still be being placed while I am stuck in a ceremony. Four places at once, basically.

I never do a wedding without at least an assistant coordinator. Her and I can do a 500 person wedding by ourselves if we have to but it sucks. But currently we can go up to six of us total. Me, an assisant coordinator, four interns. The intern number fluxates depending on time of year. Typical, normal, 200ish wedding/75% of our weddings? Team of four.
Way more detailed response than I was expecting, but appreciated!

Plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes for your team to handle during the course of an event.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:19 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm 4.

Plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes for your team to handle during the course of an event.
FTFY. ;)
Apex

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:23 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:19 pm

FTFY. ;)
:lol: :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:29 am
wap wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 am Once again, :popcorn:
I have explored the idea of doing a podcast. Every week I get more and more convinced to give it a shot.
If you do please spend the 20-30 dollars on a decent condenser mic. There are a couple of car ones i cant deal with due to crackerjack box mic quality of cell phones.
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Wedding season is back in full swing but I’m in the middle of my busiest 10 weeks of my year and the past two weekends have been so back to back that I haven’t had much time for anything but work and sleep. Will get to it when something is worthy of a quality post.

That being said, met with a potential client tonight.

Bitch isn’t even engaged yet. Brought her mother who just nodded and encouraged her along.

It gets better. She thinks she’s getting married in a barn on her property...

That isn’t even built yet.

:gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
:notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
:derp: :derp: :derp:
:disgust: :disgust: :disgust:
:yeahok: :yeahok: :yeahok:
:hellno: :hellno: :hellno:
Apex

Now that’s thinking ahead.

Or is she marrying herself?
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Sno wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 pm Wedding season is back in full swing but I’m in the middle of my busiest 10 weeks of my year and the past two weekends have been so back to back that I haven’t had much time for anything but work and sleep. Will get to it when something is worthy of a quality post.

Bitch isn’t even engaged yet. Brought her mother who just nodded and encouraged her along.

Sounds like a god damn shit show
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sno wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 pm Wedding season is back in full swing but I’m in the middle of my busiest 10 weeks of my year and the past two weekends have been so back to back that I haven’t had much time for anything but work and sleep. Will get to it when something is worthy of a quality post.

People can be phenomenally stupid.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Thoughts on #RoyalWedding?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

She cute? I’m available.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:lolgasm: :math: :yeahok:

someone need to give the boyfriend a heads up
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote:

She cute? I’m available.
Ha! I mean? What are your current standards?

At her best via Facebook..

Much more accurate and how I saw her last night, on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

razr390 wrote:Thoughts on #RoyalWedding?
Meh, I have little to say? For being in the wedding industry, I have little to no fucks in caring. But I’m not that type of planner.

There are two types of planners in the world - what I call Disney planners. Girls that are in this because they just loooooove love. And champagne. And sparkles. And all things wedding. Most of which have spent time in their career at Disney.

Then there are the rest of us that got our start in events somewhere other than weddings and are good at the logistics. And weddings are just easy bread and butter money on top of the corporate events.

So I absolutely geeked out over the logistics and planning of all of it. The portions I caught, the reporter was stating that the Merkle was four seconds late to the church and that kind of thing is awesome to me. As for the dress, flowers, blah blah blah - her choice and they seemed genuinely happy and in love. The dress wouldn’t have been my choice but I am confident she felt beautiful. And the florals the bride carries in a royal wedding are always a little understated to what you see here in the states. But I love that Harry picked them from the royal gardens himself. Part of me really loves their approach of “let’s not get crazy.” While being absolutely nuts.

My .02

razr390

Sno wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am
Meh, I have little to say? For being in the wedding industry, I have little to no fucks in caring. But I’m not that type of planner.

There are two types of planners in the world - what I call Disney planners. Girls that are in this because they just loooooove love. And champagne. And sparkles. And all things wedding. Most of which have spent time in their career at Disney.

Then there are the rest of us that got our start in events somewhere other than weddings and are good at the logistics. And weddings are just easy bread and butter money on top of the corporate events.

So I absolutely geeked out over the logistics and planning of all of it. The portions I caught, the reporter was stating that the Merkle was four seconds late to the church and that kind of thing is awesome to me. As for the dress, flowers, blah blah blah - her choice and they seemed genuinely happy and in love. The dress wouldn’t have been my choice but I am confident she felt beautiful. And the florals the bride carries in a royal wedding are always a little understated to what you see here in the states. But I love that Harry picked them from the royal gardens himself. Part of me really loves their approach of “let’s not get crazy.” While being absolutely nuts.

My .02

I thought it was classy being a “worldwide event” and all. They came off as “doing this because we want to not because we have to” regarding everything they chose to do/say/wear/etc
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 am

My .02

I thought it was classy being a “worldwide event” and all. They came off as “doing this because we want to not because we have to” regarding everything they chose to do/say/wear/etc
Agreed. She is absolutely mixing some things up. I typically leans towards your second marriage needing to be pretty minimal for the wedding. This girl made out. I’ve always appreciated his no fucks given towards rules. He’s well aware he’s never going to see the throne so who cares? They’re relatable.
razr390

Sno wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 am
razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 am
Agreed. She is absolutely mixing some things up. I typically leans towards your second marriage needing to be pretty minimal for the wedding. This girl made out. I’ve always appreciated his no fucks given towards rules. He’s well aware he’s never going to see the throne so who cares? They’re relatable.
I thought him inviting all his ex’s was a 5/7 :trollface: :bravo: :lolol: move.

Some of them actually went, too!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

My .02

razr390

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 am

My .02

:lolgasm:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Tell your friend. If he wasn't doing anything wrong then she already knows. If he was...
Good point is good.
:mindblown:

got to love small towns. Thats ballsy. Either he is a scumbag or they aint dating no more. Or, have you checked to see if your friend is still alive?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

razr390 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 am I thought him inviting all his ex’s was a 5/7 :trollface: :bravo: :lolol: move.

Some of them actually went, too!
I saw this somewhere and mentioned to to my lady friend. Her response: "If you are invited to the royal wedding, you fuckin' go."