22%
:neek:
44%

Total votes: 32
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I've also been told to try just plain old coconut oil, so once I'm out of that spray stuff I'm gonna try that. Rub some in and let it sit for an hour ot so, then shower to rinse out the excess.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Good shit. I'll have to experiment. My skin is naturally pretty oily, yay Italian genes!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Trimmed my beard down to the stubble level last night and I have my haircut appointment for this evening. I'm gonna look HAWT.
The panda hath arrived.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm If you don't wanna shave often, I highly recommend

Or if you don't want a whole production every time you shave, this is what I use when I was waiting for my straight razor to get honed in

Blades are CHEAP, and those Gillette and other pieces of shit don't work half as well as a safety razor.
If you're a get up and go kinda guy and use an electric razor, more power to ya. Personally, those things yank my fucking skin and my whole neck and face turn red. Hence why I turned to the straight blade. You can shave a lot less often with it as long as you strop it before each shave and get it honed once a year or so. I have a stone but I couldn't quite get it right so I just sent it off to get rehoned.
Pretty manly shit here Acidbro. I joined Dollar shave club and use the "Humble Twin" and now I feel very poverty.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

stripethree wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am There's a brand out of Texas that I like called Beard Supply. Most of their scents are amazing. Only one I tried that I didn't care for was Deep Woods.. it was a little too musty for me.

That said. I've switched from using actual branded "beard oils" to just olive oil and coconut oil based hair products made for womenz. Way cheaper and they seem to work just as well. You can buy a 4-6oz bottle of something for under $10, instead of paying $20-30 for a 1-2oz bottle of beard oil....
Cool. Any specific product you have particularly liked or still figuring it out?
I beard most of time, only taking it off during summer vacation so my wee baby face can get a bit of sun. It's pretty damn important to oil & moisturize your beard since it'll turn into a itchy brillo pad if you don't. Use a mix of Jojojoba, coconut, Argan and Vitamin E oils. Be generous with a good conditioner in the shower and rub some of the jojojoba oil while in the shower. The warm shower will help the jojojoba absorb into the hair a little better. Post shower is when you put in a little bit of the rest. Rub it in with your hands, then brush your beard hair up and then down into the normal position. This will evenly distribute the oil and get any excess out. Your face will feel fucking fantastic, you will not have an itchy beard and the hair will be softer.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I have a Merkur and use Featherlight blades. Good shit. Ended up giving Beard Supply a try, got some beard soap and their oil sample pack today.
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 pm I have a Merkur and use Featherlight blades. Good shit. Ended up giving Beard Supply a try, got some beard soap and their oil sample pack today.
Nice dude. I really like their oils, just don't like the prices. I have some of their beard soap that I use 2-3 times a week. They changed the recipe(?) between the last two times I bought it and now it's heavily scented like patchouli or whatever that shit is. I didn't love it at first, but it's grown on me. It lathers up nicely for neck shaving too while you wash your beard.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Oh look another thread to shit-post in. Beards are stupid, I hate mine. :fax:

#saltyfax
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Where is Jefferey? I want to know his thoughts on that Beard Supply stuff.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:59 pm Where is Jefferey? I want to know his thoughts on that Beard Supply stuff.
Who's Jefferey?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:59 pm Where is Jefferey? I want to know his thoughts on that Beard Supply stuff.
Who's Jefferey?
Stripe. Jefe. No clue what his actual name is. I just assumed it was Jeff and felt like calling him Jefferey.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Who's Jefferey?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Who's Jefferey?
Stripe. Jefe. No clue what his actual name is. I just assumed it was Jeff and felt like calling him Jefferey.
Ah. Jefe /Jefferey. Got it.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Who's Jefferey?
:lolol:
Useless :wap: fun fact: That company, waay back when, like 45-50 years ago, used to be called Bargain Town. :csb:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Useless :wap: fun fact: That company, waay back when, like 45-50 years ago, used to be called Bargain Town. :csb:
:themoreyouknow:
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:26 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm

:themoreyouknow:
And yes, I remember when it was called Bargain Town.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:05 pm Stripe. Jefe. No clue what his actual name is. I just assumed it was Jeff and felt like calling him Jefferey.
Hallo! It is I Jeff/Jefé/Stripe. Been cutting back on the social media and forum things.

Anyway, beard things are dandy. I really like the soap, it has helped soften things and most of the itchiness is gone. The oils are nice as well, I do not think I have a favorite yet. Haven't done a lot of trimming other than keeping it off my upper lip. Meh selfie while sitting near office windows.

Non beard related: mohawk needs a new color or to give way to a new style. Distortion in the photo from my serious vision prescription is neato.
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:05 pm Stripe. Jefe. No clue what his actual name is. I just assumed it was Jeff and felt like calling him Jefferey.
Hallo! It is I Jeff/Jefé/Stripe. Been cutting back on the social media and forum things.

Anyway, beard things are dandy. I really like the soap, it has helped soften things and most of the itchiness is gone. The oils are nice as well, I do not think I have a favorite yet. Haven't done a lot of trimming other than keeping it off my upper lip. Meh selfie while sitting near office windows.

Non beard related: mohawk needs a new color or to give way to a new style. Distortion in the photo from my serious vision prescription is neato.
Nice. Glad you're liking them. I get a similar distortion, although not as drastic, from my prescription.

I'm gonna get my beard trimmed/cleaned up on the 6th of next month before Michelle and I go SF for the weekend. That'll be just about a year to the date of when I started growing it. Will post pre/post trim pics.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

dat beard doe. pretty ragged right now since I haven't showered or combed it, but it's my ginger mane.Image
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

8 weeks in. Have tamed the mustache and sideburn areas a couple times; otherwise untouched. Needs a good brushing but this is also "IDGAF just woke up" beard.

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Another update. I'm not sure how I want to shape this yet. I haven't touched anything below the cheeks, but I think I went too deep on the shave/trim there. Digging the sideburn fade in though, and the new hair color. Serious beard is getting serious.

SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 am Another update. I'm not sure how I want to shape this yet. I haven't touched anything below the cheeks, but I think I went too deep on the shave/trim there. Digging the sideburn fade in though, and the new hair color. Serious beard is getting serious.

Yeah I'd let the cheeks grow up a bit higher, maybe halfway to where you shaved down from. Other than that I'm jelly. Your beard is way thicker than mine and looks much more manageable with straighter hairs. Mine are curly AF.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Thanks for the insight! Don't be fooled, there's a lot of taming that has to be done, which is part of the reason I faded the sideburns in so much. Some of those hairs would not cooperate. What you see here is a thoroughly brushed and oiled product. It's a damn thicket in there.
SAWCE

I’m officially at one year of growing a few minor trims and cleanups along the way. I’ll probably get that done again before the weekend so I look pretty for Michelle on our trip.