Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm
Acid666 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:30 am

You have many angers when cooks.
Does that grill have hot spots or does it cover a good area? Like is the heat element under it a circle or square area?

Also, that Kinder brand is the shit. We have some of that woodfire garlic, and they make a Garlic bbq sauce that's my new fav.
The burners are arranged like this, with the red like being the "searing" burner as it's closest to the propane. You might be asking because only part of the grill is full seasoned, but that's because I rarely use more than two burners at a time.

That reminds me I need to get an IR thermometer for the grill.

No I was asking because I was considering a hibachi style plate grill similar to that a while back and was wondering if it's a constant temp for the whole area or if it ranges so you can sear in one spot then move it to the side to keep it hot
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Acid666 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:40 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm

The burners are arranged like this, with the red like being the "searing" burner as it's closest to the propane. You might be asking because only part of the grill is full seasoned, but that's because I rarely use more than two burners at a time.

That reminds me I need to get an IR thermometer for the grill.

No I was asking because I was considering a hibachi style plate grill similar to that a while back and was wondering if it's a constant temp for the whole area or if it ranges so you can sear in one spot then move it to the side to keep it hot
There's a control knob for each individual burner. I can't tell you how much heat transfer there is from one end of the grill to the other, but I've definitely been searing meat on the right and cooking eggs/pancakes on the left. This one is Blue Rhino brand and I chose it over Blackstone because the end tables fold and latch to cover the cooking surface. There's other competitive brands I'm sure, but I bought my friend a blue rhino like mine 3 years ago as a gift and it's still going perfectly.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Pizz...ahhhhhhh crap. Image
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:ohdang:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

ordered out lol
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:29 pm Pizz...ahhhhhhh crap. Image
:mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

rockchops wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:29 pm Pizz...ahhhhhhh crap. Image
Is that dough? That looks like parchment paper baw

I made 2 flavors of meets with bacon wrapped skrimps today. Korean BBQ and Roasted garlic bbq.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

yeah we usually throw the dough on parchment, in this case too slippery
Acid666

Last week, sushi. I finally found the frozen panko shrimp at the asian market, so I grilled them up with the fiyuh.
Most of these rolls were fried shrimp, cream cheese, sweet potato, crunchies, spicy mayo with a dab of sriracha. Nagiri (sp?) is simply smoked salmon.

As for the ribs, that's the killer Dr Pepper ribs.
Marinated for 24 hours in Dr Pepper, worstershire and soy, 3 hours at 200° with mustard and dry rub.
Removed and put into tented foil with Dr Pepper, butter and brown sugar, about 2-1/2 hours at 200°-225°.
Dr Pepper and Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce and then put uncovered back on the grill for about an hour, reglazing every15-20 minutes.
It's the tits bro.

If you're considering a new grill, I highly recommend a pellet grill. That last pic shows how many pellets I used over this 6 hour smoke. That's a 20 pound hopper that I filled to the top when starting and I only used about a fifth of it. At $9 a bag (20lbs), it cost me about $2 in pellets.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

some dang fish. Image
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 pm Last week, sushi. I finally found the frozen panko shrimp at the asian market, so I grilled them up with the fiyuh.
Most of these rolls were fried shrimp, cream cheese, sweet potato, crunchies, spicy mayo with a dab of sriracha. Nagiri (sp?) is simply smoked salmon.

As for the ribs, that's the killer Dr Pepper ribs.
Marinated for 24 hours in Dr Pepper, worstershire and soy, 3 hours at 200° with mustard and dry rub.
Removed and put into tented foil with Dr Pepper, butter and brown sugar, about 2-1/2 hours at 200°-225°.
Dr Pepper and Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce and then put uncovered back on the grill for about an hour, reglazing every15-20 minutes.
It's the tits bro.

If you're considering a new grill, I highly recommend a pellet grill. That last pic shows how many pellets I used over this 6 hour smoke. That's a 20 pound hopper that I filled to the top when starting and I only used about a fifth of it. At $9 a bag (20lbs), it cost me about $2 in pellets.
Vette Boy diner is STRONG.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.