dubshow wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 pm 5 hours in Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
i can confirm, this was tasty af
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I made Vietnamese Vermicelli bowls Friday. I haven't tried anything new in a long time, turned out pretty :fuckyeah: , def as good as the local Vietnamese restaurant does it. I may try to find some other new things going forward.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:44 pm I made Vietnamese Vermicelli bowls Friday. I haven't tried anything new in a long time, turned out pretty :fuckyeah: , def as good as the local Vietnamese restaurant does it. I may try to find some other new things going forward.
:fuckyeah:

I love cooking Thai and Vietnamese food.

I make nuoc cham and dip everything in it.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:58 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:44 pm I made Vietnamese Vermicelli bowls Friday. I haven't tried anything new in a long time, turned out pretty :fuckyeah: , def as good as the local Vietnamese restaurant does it. I may try to find some other new things going forward.

Mine turned out really good and obviously was really easy. Not the most unhealthy dressing too, if you go easy on the sugar which is :notbad:

Do you put chilles/ :jalepenis: in yours? My recipe called for them, but never seen any in it at restaurants.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am

Mine turned out really good and obviously was really easy. Not the most unhealthy dressing too, if you go easy on the sugar which is :notbad:

Do you put chilles/ :jalepenis: in yours? My recipe called for them, but never seen any in it at restaurants.
yes to chili's. Thai bird if they're decent at the store, or serranos if not. I like mine on the less-sweet side, so I got pretty easy on the sweet and heavy on the sour and fish sauce.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

4zilch wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am

yes to chili's. Thai bird if they're decent at the store, or serranos if not. I like mine on the less-sweet side, so I got pretty easy on the sweet and heavy on the sour and fish sauce.
Thai bird is where it's at. I also put those in my chili for some different heat.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

had to google because Im a total noob in that style of cooking and food/culture.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html

:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The smoking in these last two pages has been incredible.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That feeling when you fuck up $1200

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm That feeling when you fuck up $1200Image

Whoops. :derp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm That feeling when you fuck up $1200Image

That hurts. WTF happened?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:ohdang: :nuke:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm

wap wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:55 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm That feeling when you fuck up $1200

The deets:

Was sitting in traffic going to store to get stuff for dinner, wife working late. Missed a call from my dad, call him back. "Hey Im cooking steaks, you and wife should come over"

Sure, I go home change into shorts head there. Have about 1.5 hours til wife is done and coming to eat. We end up hanging high bay lights in his back shop so his buddy can do some fiberglass/gel coat repair to his salvage boat. It really is coming along and will be a nice boat. So we sweat asses off getting lights hung 20' in the air to do work on boat that night.

Oh dang, its getting dark ~8pm wife will be here, we need to start grill for steaks. I leave him wiring up the light fixture and go start the grill, to help out. I clean it out, (he doesn't maintain his grill well) and load it with lump and some wood. I get a great fire going. Wife and sister are outside in the gazebo area, we are talking. The grill start rolling out smoke as usual and the gazebo fans just suck it up. I move it to the outer edge, as per usual, down wind of us. I am just about to go in to get the steaks. Sister states it looks like the grill rolled a bit, I turn and check, I move it a hair further in, away from slight raised edge as seen in photo. Turn back around to go in, just in time to see the fucking thing roll further out. I apparently didnt lock the wheels and there is a very slight slope for water on the travertine. The grill went down with a 500 degree fire and kaboom. It was horrible.

My dad came running from his shop in the back asking if there was a car wreck. I said worse, "did you drop my :meat: " he asked. I replied worse, I destroyed your grill. Never knowing how he will react (either :sad: of :fshitup: ) He turned around and continued the body work on his boat.

I hosed down the hot coals as to not fuck the concrete coating around pool and picked up the massive pieces of outer shell. The top lid and outshell were shattered. The inner craddle was okay. ~retail on replacement is $450 for base and $350 for lid. I went in, still furious at myself, got the model plate which ironically landed right in front of me and sent Primo a short sob email to customer service. Long game the let my buy just the parts I need and save ~$400.

I go out and tell my dad its handled and Ive ordered the replacement parts, he get angry insisting I cancel. He will just order one "at cost" from his buddy who is assisting him on boat repair. He was pretty cool about me destroying his favorite $1300 cooking device. Luckily the $500 stand wasnt damaged. I went and found some propane in the shop, Ray thought he was out. Cleaned his dirty gas grill well and fired it up to cook some :notbad: ribeyes and saved the steak night. Ray continued to drink his nice wine that arrived in from italy and mask his :sad: and :rage: with humor and alcohol. "My guys at work fuck up more money than that everyday" is what he kept telling me. We had a good heart to heart and he vented about some business concerns/worries. I stayed for another hour after dinner to talk him through that stuff. He ended up way more :aintcare: than initially expected.

TL:DR, I fucked up, heavy grill rolled down a minor sloped floor and down the step. :rage: I will now try to buy the parts to fix it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 pm

wap wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:55 pm

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm That feeling when you fuck up $1200

The deets:

Was sitting in traffic going to store to get stuff for dinner, wife working late. Missed a call from my dad, call him back. "Hey Im cooking steaks, you and wife should come over"

Sure, I go home change into shorts head there. Have about 1.5 hours til wife is done and coming to eat. We end up hanging high bay lights in his back shop so his buddy can do some fiberglass/gel coat repair to his salvage boat. It really is coming along and will be a nice boat. So we sweat asses off getting lights hung 20' in the air to do work on boat that night.

Oh dang, its getting dark ~8pm wife will be here, we need to start grill for steaks. I leave him wiring up the light fixture and go start the grill, to help out. I clean it out, (he doesn't maintain his grill well) and load it with lump and some wood. I get a great fire going. Wife and sister are outside in the gazebo area, we are talking. The grill start rolling out smoke as usual and the gazebo fans just suck it up. I move it to the outer edge, as per usual, down wind of us. I am just about to go in to get the steaks. Sister states it looks like the grill rolled a bit, I turn and check, I move it a hair further in, away from slight raised edge as seen in photo. Turn back around to go in, just in time to see the fucking thing roll further out. I apparently didnt lock the wheels and there is a very slight slope for water on the travertine. The grill went down with a 500 degree fire and kaboom. It was horrible.

My dad came running from his shop in the back asking if there was a car wreck. I said worse, "did you drop my :meat: " he asked. I replied worse, I destroyed your grill. Never knowing how he will react (either :sad: of :fshitup: ) He turned around and continued the body work on his boat.

I hosed down the hot coals as to not fuck the concrete coating around pool and picked up the massive pieces of outer shell. The top lid and outshell were shattered. The inner craddle was okay. ~retail on replacement is $450 for base and $350 for lid. I went in, still furious at myself, got the model plate which ironically landed right in front of me and sent Primo a short sob email to customer service. Long game the let my buy just the parts I need and save ~$400.

I go out and tell my dad its handled and Ive ordered the replacement parts, he get angry insisting I cancel. He will just order one "at cost" from his buddy who is assisting him on boat repair. He was pretty cool about me destroying his favorite $1300 cooking device. Luckily the $500 stand wasnt damaged. I went and found some propane in the shop, Ray thought he was out. Cleaned his dirty gas grill well and fired it up to cook some :notbad: ribeyes and saved the steak night. Ray continued to drink his nice wine that arrived in from italy and mask his :sad: and :rage: with humor and alcohol. "My guys at work fuck up more money than that everyday" is what he kept telling me. We had a good heart to heart and he vented about some business concerns/worries. I stayed for another hour after dinner to talk him through that stuff. He ended up way more :aintcare: than initially expected.

TL:DR, I fucked up, heavy grill rolled down a minor sloped floor and down the step. :rage: I will now try to buy the parts to fix it.
holee f00k
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Shit happens man, don't sweat it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

That stand looks fabricobbled. That's a retail product or you spent 5 hundy building it?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 am That stand looks fabricobbled. That's a retail product or you spent 5 hundy building it?
Ray bought that after the grill. He of course didnt buy the correct one for his "XL" grill and instead got the JR one since it was a hair cheaper. So the XL grill doesnt fit quite right in it and the stainless top is missing since the oval hole is the smaller size. You'd be amazed at how wildly expensive this Primo stuff it. :disgust:

He of course paid more than $1300... ($1500+) for the jack daniels version. So either way im really boned and the cheaper replacement which is the same exact thing with out the JD logo on lid will not be the one I broke...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:47 am

:ohdang: :nuke:
grill updates:

called primo, ordered a replacement outer shell. It was a LOT less than expected. the freight shipping is quite spendy tho at $150. The next order of outers is 8-10 days out according to the nice lady. I don't recommend you breaking a $1500 ceramic grill, but as long as you have a valid serial number, they help you big time on parts.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

caught a small cut of brisket on sale at the store 8 bucks for 3.5 lbs.

Did a dry rub to marinate overnight, pressure cook for 3 hours, homemade bbq sauce with drippings of brisket...

Delicious first attempt at brisket.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:59 am caught a small cut of brisket on sale at the store 8 bucks for 3.5 lbs.

Did a dry rub to marinate overnight, pressure cook for 3 hours, homemade bbq sauce with drippings of brisket...

You like green beans breh?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:59 am caught a small cut of brisket on sale at the store 8 bucks for 3.5 lbs.

i do.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am

i do.