Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:31 pm ReducingImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
And then?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I made a pretty decent crockpot roast. Put in sweet potato and parsnips.

Well then I mulched all the goodness into a thick gravy. Heated it up and toasted in oven for dinner. :drool:ImageImage

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It's a :pinshit: breakfast kinda morning boys.

Canadian bacon egg white cheddar asparagus french bread casserole.

:truckyeah:Image

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:wasteful: :fatty:

Last edited by dubshow on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 am re: cleaning. Just get one of those plastic bristled scrubby brushes. Flip and use scraper for any stuck on stuff. I never "reseason" after every use... just put a thin layer of something on it if you cleaned. If cooking a steak, bacon, or other thing that leaves tons of drippings in the pan i just leave it till next use. Our pans rarely sit unused for over a day.
Just never use dish soap to clean!
I use dish soap every day. I reseason about once every two months. :thisisfine:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am
Just never use dish soap to clean!
:howdareu:

I use dish soap occasionally on them.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:15 pm

They don't melt. My now deceased father in law was one of these cast iron purists who eventually got these uneven crusts on his pans......which is disgusting and :wrong:. Every once in a while things really stick to the cast iron and I'm not leaving food in there, re-burning it and then somehow calling it part of the pan.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:25 pm

They don't melt. My now deceased father in law was one of these cast iron purists who eventually got these uneven crusts on his pans......which is disgusting and :wrong:. Every once in a while things really stick to the cast iron and I'm not leaving food in there, re-burning it and then somehow calling it part of the pan.
my moms is like that.

:nope:

mine gets a really good scrapping right after cooking and the metal chain link scrub with water and :salt:

It might dry out little but a quick rub and burn with oil always brings it right back. If you have layers of black cake shit you are :wrong:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

it is possible to get the food off them without soap.

Sometimes i will use a bit of soap right before i reseason.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:55 pm

my moms is like that.

:nope:

mine gets a really good scrapping right after cooking and the metal chain link scrub with water and :salt:

It might dry out little but a quick rub and burn with oil always brings it right back. If you have layers of black cake shit you are :wrong:
:dat:

I use a plastic scraper and chain link scrubber. No crust at all, but without soap, it stays remarkably non stick.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:03 am I made a pretty decent crockpot roast. Put in sweet potato and parsnips.

Well then I mulched all the goodness into a thick gravy. Heated it up and toasted in oven for dinner. :drool:ImageImage

I'm a gracy and cheese guy so this is making me :drool:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I have a baking sheet that's a stone material that you aren't supposed to use soap on. It came with basically a caulking tool that would work on cast iron too

You'd have to make sure and get a very hard one as some are more rubber than others.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Or just Google stoneware cleaning tool and get the actual one
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

We've been using our instant pot for all of our cooking. We've recently been cooking Ethiopian, our new favorite thing. Been working on getting the Ingera right. I think that's how you spell it. It's basically bread that you kind of make like a crepe, but thicker than a crepe and thinner than a pancake. It's almost identical to vet wrap or gauze wrap. You tear off pieces of that to pick up your meats and other stuff (no utensils). It's the fucking bomb. Kitfo and Awaze Tibs and potatoes are mainly what we make. I'll try to get pics of our last attempt this last weekend when we made it for some friends that came over. Couldn't really get the bread right as it's difficult to figure out, but I think I'll get it next time when we try a different teff (the wheat I think)
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 am We've been using our instant pot for all of our cooking. We've recently been cooking Ethiopian, our new favorite thing. Been working on getting the Ingera right. I think that's how you spell it. It's basically bread that you kind of make like a crepe, but thicker than a crepe and thinner than a pancake. It's almost identical to vet wrap or gauze wrap. You tear off pieces of that to pick up your meats and other stuff (no utensils). It's the fucking bomb. Kitfo and Awaze Tibs and potatoes are mainly what we make. I'll try to get pics of our last attempt this last weekend when we made it for some friends that came over. Couldn't really get the bread right as it's difficult to figure out, but I think I'll get it next time when we try a different teff (the wheat I think)
Did Brad Pitt give you your bag of rice out of the back of a dump truck? If not, then it's not authentic :millennial:

But seriously, do you have a link to a recipe you used? I want to try Ethiopian food
Acid666

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 am We've been using our instant pot for all of our cooking. We've recently been cooking Ethiopian, our new favorite thing. Been working on getting the Ingera right. I think that's how you spell it. It's basically bread that you kind of make like a crepe, but thicker than a crepe and thinner than a pancake. It's almost identical to vet wrap or gauze wrap. You tear off pieces of that to pick up your meats and other stuff (no utensils). It's the fucking bomb. Kitfo and Awaze Tibs and potatoes are mainly what we make. I'll try to get pics of our last attempt this last weekend when we made it for some friends that came over. Couldn't really get the bread right as it's difficult to figure out, but I think I'll get it next time when we try a different teff (the wheat I think)
Did Brad Pitt give you your bag of rice out of the back of a dump truck? If not, then it's not authentic :millennial:

But seriously, do you have a link to a recipe you used? I want to try Ethiopian food
Lol. Not the worst thing anyone's said to us. We get a lot of "You mean rice and Ebola belly?" comments.
It's fucking ridiculously good. We first had it when we went to D.C. and holy fuck balls, it was just amazing. I'm gonna get a lot of these spellings wrong, but it's a lot of ghee butter, berbere and other spices. The stuff we really like is Kitfo (or Ketfo) is fucking phenominal. It's got a kick that's kind of similar to maybe Indian, but not really a burning kick or anything really spicy. Just a really nice flavor kick that's unique. From what I've read after eating it, Kitfo is basically like a meat lovers treat. There's a lot of spices going on here in Louisiana that are based out of Africa in Creole and Cajun but it's nothing like Ethiopian.

Ethiopian basically comes on a big platter with all the cooked meats and stuff placed on a big thing of injera (the bread), and then you get rolls of injera and you use that to scoop up what you want. You just tear off pieces of the injera and use that. That bread is what we're trying to perfect and it's really difficult. After you've used all of your rolls you can use the injera at the bottom of the plate that have soaked up the juices of the meat and other stuff.

These are the recipes we used.
https://honest-food.net/ethiopian-tibs- ... ZCAGHX__kQ
https://www.daringgourmet.com/authentic ... ARhE6yrxbw
http://recipes-list.com/recipe/kitfo/
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Damn that looks tasty.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am

Lol. Not the worst thing anyone's said to us. We get a lot of "You mean rice and Ebola belly?" comments.
It's fucking ridiculously good. We first had it when we went to D.C. and holy fuck balls, it was just amazing. I'm gonna get a lot of these spellings wrong, but it's a lot of ghee butter, berbere and other spices. The stuff we really like is Kitfo (or Ketfo) is fucking phenominal. It's got a kick that's kind of similar to maybe Indian, but not really a burning kick or anything really spicy. Just a really nice flavor kick that's unique. From what I've read after eating it, Kitfo is basically like a meat lovers treat. There's a lot of spices going on here in Louisiana that are based out of Africa in Creole and Cajun but it's nothing like Ethiopian.

Ethiopian basically comes on a big platter with all the cooked meats and stuff placed on a big thing of injera (the bread), and then you get rolls of injera and you use that to scoop up what you want. You just tear off pieces of the injera and use that. That bread is what we're trying to perfect and it's really difficult. After you've used all of your rolls you can use the injera at the bottom of the plate that have soaked up the juices of the meat and other stuff.

Are these before or after dinner photos?
Acid666

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:19 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 am

That ain't my pic. That's google's. Lemme see if I got any on my phone of what we've eaten or made
This is from the last time we at the Ethiopian place in New Orleans a few weeks ago. The closest place to us that serves it (2 hours east)
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:19 am

That ain't my pic. That's google's. Lemme see if I got any on my phone of what we've eaten or made
This is from the last time we at the Ethiopian place in New Orleans a few weeks ago. The closest place to us that serves it (2 hours east)
It was a joke. Kinda looked like what I expect to see in the toilet after eating Ethiopian food.

There are a few places in Grand Rapids surprisingly. But I want to cook my own
Acid666

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm It was a joke. Kinda looked like what I expect to see in the toilet after eating Ethiopian food.

There are a few places in Grand Rapids surprisingly. But I want to cook my own
Worms and mosquito nets not included.
Acid666

Leftovers. OM NOM NOM NOM!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I tried an Ethiopian restaurant here in Chicago once many years ago. Took some friends who were visiting from out of town. The food was :mindblown: :drool: and the way it's served and eaten is very communal so it's very cool for friends to share. The bread reminded me a bit of skin but it's delicious.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

wap wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:06 pm I tried an Ethiopian restaurant here in Chicago once many years ago. Took some friends who were visiting from out of town. The food was :mindblown: :drool: and the way it's served and eaten is very communal so it's very cool for friends to share. The bread reminded me a bit of skin but it's delicious.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:22 pm Leftovers. OM NOM NOM NOM!
I almost thought it was a garbage plate for a second, and now I want one.