Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Acid666 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:54 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:06 pm I tried an Ethiopian restaurant here in Chicago once many years ago. Took some friends who were visiting from out of town. The food was :mindblown: :drool: and the way it's served and eaten is very communal so it's very cool for friends to share. The bread reminded me a bit of skin but it's delicious.
:lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:06 pm I tried an Ethiopian restaurant here in Chicago once many years ago. Took some friends who were visiting from out of town. The food was :mindblown: :drool: and the way it's served and eaten is very communal so it's very cool for friends to share. The bread reminded me a bit of skin but it's delicious.
What do you do when you're not DFD'ing, Wap?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 pm
eating ethiopians.
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 pm

eating ethiopians.
:dat: Someone has to :iono:

:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The last time we went to Ethiopian food, wife wouldn't stop calling the bread "skin" and it entirely ruined it for me. I thought it was more like an ace bandage or something, but still. Flavor was amazing, but I just couldn't with the bread.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:57 pm The last time we went to Ethiopian food, wife wouldn't stop calling the bread "skin" and it entirely ruined it for me. I thought it was more like an ace bandage or something, but still. Flavor was amazing, but I just couldn't with the bread.
Right? It does remind me, and Infamous, of skin! I was :aintcare: :doe: . I'd gladly eat it again. :megusta:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Anyone own an electric smoker?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:12 pm Anyone own an electric smoker?
Just used mine for the first time on Saturday. It was some black friday deal at BJ's for $150

Did a 5lbs rib, a small ham, and a tray of macaroni and cheese. Overall it was pretty easy, but the remote for my smoker stopped reading the meat thermometer temperature so I over did the prime rib a bit. I meant to take it out around 125-128 degrees, but removed it at 138 degrees.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

My parents got us an instant pot for Christmas. We used it to make our mashed potatoes last night. Holy fucking easy. Looking forward to having it to use when I’ve spaced out and didn’t defrost chicken to cook up. Throw it in there frozen and have it cooked up and ready to go quick.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:23 pm My parents got us an instant pot for Christmas. We used it to make our mashed potatoes last night. Holy fucking easy. Looking forward to having it to use when I’ve spaced out and didn’t defrost chicken to cook up. Throw it in there frozen and have it cooked up and ready to go quick.
it makes amazing mashed potatoes and is a fantastic rice cooker, too.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

No pics but the wife cooked up the rear quarter of Spike (the deer i shot) in the instant pot yesterday.

OH EM GE it was so, so good. So good.

That is all.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am No pics but the wife cooked up the rear quarter of Spike (the deer i shot) in the instant pot yesterday.

That is all.
worthless without pics. :gtfo:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tested out the air fryer my brother got me with some chicken wings the other day. Fuck they we're good. Dinosaur BBQ Cajun Foreplay rub, bee booop boop beep. Then some habanero honey mustard sauce drizzled over them. Don't think I want to actually buy wings at a bar anymore.

Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am No pics but the wife cooked up the rear quarter of Spike (the deer i shot) in the instant pot yesterday.

That is all.
Appropriate name is appropriate.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

That is all.
Was it an actual spike? I'm always amazed by how many people shoot a deer and then pay to have it all made into hamburger meat and summer sausage. Prime cuts just wasted
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm

That is all.
Was it an actual spike? I'm always amazed by how many people shoot a deer and then pay to have it all made into hamburger meat and summer sausage. Prime cuts just wasted
Technically he was a 'nub'
brain go brrrrrr
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

My roommate has a buddy who loves to hunt, so they trade wine for meat. Last haul was a bunch of duck and goose. Roomie made duck tacos with asian slaw, avocado, and sriracha peanuts. They were delicious. Fucking love duck.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Currently killing the jerky game. Liquid smoke, local honey, worstershire, teriyaki. :word:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That is all.
Airboat cooking posts without Airboat hunting pics betray the Airboat nation. Might as well post an airboat pic with no JB Weld mods.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:38 pm Currently killing the jerky game. Liquid smoke, local honey, worstershire, teriyaki. :word:

:drool:
Acid666

2 solid days of soakin in the funk. Laid them biches out. Stretchin that $20 from Albertsons out along all 8 of my trays.

JERKY GAME ON FLEEK!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:17 pm 2 solid days of soakin in the funk. Laid them biches out. Stretchin that $20 from Albertsons out along all 8 of my trays.

JERKY GAME ON FLEEK!
:impressive:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:17 pm 2 solid days of soakin in the funk. Laid them biches out. Stretchin that $20 from Albertsons out along all 8 of my trays.

JERKY GAME ON FLEEK!
I need to make jerky. I have got to get back on the diet and end the carb glut ive been in
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:32 pm

JERKY GAME ON FLEEK!
I need to make jerky. I have got to get back on the diet and end the carb glut ive been in
That's where the wife and I currently are. We signed back up at Red's (probably the nicest gym in the state), and have been going 2-3 times a week.
I'm feeling better, but I know that diet is really 75% of it. I've been eating better with going for mainly meats and half ass kicking out the carbs, but I still have a diet Dr Pepper here and there and the occasional bout of sugar. It's why we're looking to do more jerky again. The snacking is what kills the wife. So if we can change the trash to a protein snack it can make it easier to transition.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It's about to go down Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk