The Bookworm thread aka whatcha reading

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

datgrundle wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am On the last few chapters of A Dance with Dragons. Been on an audiobook kick this past year. I went through all of the Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth related works (for the third time in my life, this time on audiobook), all Harry Potter books and am about to finish the Game of Thrones series. It's been so much fun :D
:fuckyeah:
A good audiobook is 5/7, especially with a talented reader.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Jaxper wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 pm Finished Ready Player One in just over a week. Excellent read. I totally geeked out.

While I knew there were going to be differences from the movie (which I saw before reading the book), I didn't expect as much of a difference as there was. While I loved both the book and movie - I think of it more as two different perspectives on the same main storyline - I can see why you, @razr390, didn't appreciate the film as much, having read the book first.
Film wasn’t bad, it just didn’t stick to the book as much as I would’ve liked it to, and for that reason it left me wanting more. Book was 5/7
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Bringing this thread back.

Just finished Lost World, and it's sequel, The Poison Belt, a couple of :neat: Sci-Fi books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from early in the last century. Pretty fun reads. The guy could write; very good dialog and excellent descriptive talents.

Now I'm reading Benjamin Franklin's autobiography. So far it's pretty dry but I'm hoping it picks up once it gets to the 1770's when interesting things start to happen in the Colonies.
Fun fact I didn't know. He was a vegetarian.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'm slowly working on I-robot myself.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Read some good shit this year, but all over the place in terms of topics.

I got into the 87th Precinct series and am about to start book 5. Pretty easy to consume and a nice change of pace from a lot of non-fiction.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

A buddy of mine has his first book published and available on Amazon if anyone is interested. He’s a highly successful guy who coaches mid-level and c-suite executives and talks about career changes here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H5SDFT2?fb ... StTuviYkq8