Thought you guys might like seeing my latest work project

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

What is the proposed bore and stroke to bump it up to 5.0L?
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 pm What is the proposed bore and stroke to bump it up to 5.0L?
I really don't know the specifics of how he came up with that number. We're putting his own sleeves in it, so once we start to implement that we can look at how much room there is to open the bore diameter. Stroke as well, there's some room at the bottom, but it depends how much you want to punch into those center mains.

I've got about 50 hours into it so far and one case half done. This is the more complicated half. I started to fillet it but I'm going to hold off on that until we start to make some changes. That way I don't have to redo a lot of my features. Filleting it will show what it actually looks like with a 5-axis profiling it. Right now it's just blunt edges and corners

Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I'm not familiar with Porsche engines, so I don't know the stroke and bore limitations of the block, or much of anything else about them, really.

Are the holes to the right of the main journals for a balance shaft, or are those windows to equalize crankcase pressure?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 am I'm not familiar with Porsche engines, so I don't know the stroke and bore limitations of the block, or much of anything else about them, really.

Are the holes to the right of the main journals for a balance shaft, or are those windows to equalize crankcase pressure?

Oil pump shaft?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Melon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:11 am
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 am I'm not familiar with Porsche engines, so I don't know the stroke and bore limitations of the block, or much of anything else about them, really.

Oil pump shaft?

I'm not really sure what that thru bore is for honestly. There's a gap at the bottom of the cylinders between the center mains that basically connects each cylinder to the other so that's likely where the crankcase pressure flows between them. There's no room for a chain in any of the lower crankcase pockets, so it could just be for overall flow.