dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:05 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:49 pm

I didnt think you were in CA :doe:

:pouroneout:
Palm Springs/Coachella Valley. Polar opposite of AZ in terms of the pew pew.
yeah, much less desert. Good luck then. Enjoy the race wars.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

I can go get a 1911, but .45 ACP is expensive to shoot....and hard to get.
what exactly are you looking for? Collection? Home defense? Flex piece? Spending a lot of money?
To become proficient at shooting a 9mm semiautomatic pistol. Full size. Something that goes bang all the time and is reasonably accurate. If I was walking into a gun store that actually had guns, in a state with freedom, I would get a Glock, H&K VP9, or Sig P226. Can't get the H&K in CA.

I like the look of 1911s, who doesn't , and am open to a flex piece like Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom or Les Baer, but that's later.

I have an FFL guy and even sent him a check but nothing so far.

The only pistol I ever owned was a Ruger Super Red Hawk .44 but I sold that before moving to CA. Got it as a fee and didn't shoot it much. It was.........not really a useful gun. I have a number of long guns, 5 or 6 shotguns and a rifle in 300 Win Mag. We've had an incident at the office involving a mentally unstable person and I now sit with a Remington 870 by my desk. I figured now was as good a time as any to get into handguns, I like their mechanical workings, etc. But first I didn't realize how restrictive stuff really was in CA and second this whole COVID+Protests thing has made guns and ammo.............premimum. Which all you guys know.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Palm Springs/Coachella Valley. Polar opposite of AZ in terms of the pew pew.
So that's it? I have to start my own 10 round magazine thread?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:16 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 pm

what exactly are you looking for? Collection? Home defense? Flex piece? Spending a lot of money?
To become proficient at shooting a 9mm semiautomatic pistol. Full size. Something that goes bang all the time and is reasonably accurate. If I was walking into a gun store that actually had guns, in a state with freedom, I would get a Glock, H&K VP9, or Sig P226. Can't get the H&K in CA.

I like the look of 1911s, who doesn't , and am open to a flex piece like Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom or Les Baer, but that's later.

The only pistol I ever owned was a Ruger Super Red Hawk .44 but I sold that before moving to CA. Got it as a fee and didn't shoot it much. It was.........not really a useful gun. I have a number of long guns, 5 or 6 shotguns and a rifle in 300 Win Mag. We've had an incident at the office involving a mentally unstable person and I now sit with a Remington 870 by my desk. I figured now was as good a time as any to get into handguns, I like their mechanical workings, etc. But first I didn't realize how restrictive stuff really was in CA and second this whole COVID+Protests thing has made guns and ammo.............premimum. Which all you guys know.
well, I can help expand your search by adding the CZ 75 platform to your options. Full size. Solid frame. One of the most popular models used by over 75% of competition shooters. Tried and true. I own 2 variants.

https://cz-usa.com/product-category/ca-models/

I can also recommend a Beretta 92 and the px4. Have both and both are extremely reliable. I've literally never had a miss feed or jam and have neared over 1k rounds on each. The 92 was bought well used. They are good for over 15k rounds, as proven by the military. The px4, imo, is over over looked and under rated. All owners report near zero neg feed back other than mags can be expensive.

Each of those are compliant in CA and can readily be found used. I wouldnt get a pretty gun to "learn or train with". It will be beat up, scratched and well used. it will no longer be pretty. Im am glad you want to learn and train on a pistol. I think they are equally as valuable as a rifle. I also can not say I'd carry or train with any 1911, dont care the price point. And I have a VERY nice custom fitted 1911. It has always run great. Cons? limited capacity. Good mags that feed well are not cheap. Might not cycle defensive loads unless setup properly. Heavy platform. Outdated even when modernized.

I do not own any glocks at this time, and never really seek them out. Just not my flavor.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Nah fam. I got ya, read up. Had to actually stop and type.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

have you considered just getting a machine gun?

Not even really joking.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

You can apply for you c&r license and mail shit straight to your house as well. That would be my ideal thing to avoid communism.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:16 pm

well, I can help expand your search by adding the CZ 75 platform to your options. Full size. Solid frame. One of the most popular models used by over 75% of competition shooters. Tried and true. I own 2 variants.

I can also recommend a Beretta 92 and the px4. Have both and both are extremely reliable. I've literally never had a miss feed or jam and have neared over 1k rounds on each. The 92 was bought well used. They are good for over 15k rounds, as proven by the military. The px4, imo, is over over looked and under rated. All owners report near zero neg feed back other than mags can be expensive.

Each of those are compliant in CA and can readily be found used. I wouldnt get a pretty gun to "learn or train with". It will be beat up, scratched and well used. it will no longer be pretty. Im am glad you want to learn and train on a pistol. I think they are equally as valuable as a rifle. I also can not say I'd carry or train with any 1911, dont care the price point. And I have a VERY nice custom fitted 1911. It has always run great. Cons? limited capacity. Good mags that feed well are not cheap. Might not cycle defensive loads unless setup properly. Heavy platform. Outdated even when modernized.

I do not own any glocks at this time, and never really seek them out. Just not my flavor.
CZ 75 is a good protip. Beretta 92 is part of the search. Will investigate the px4. Tx. And yeah, useful guns B4 pretty guns. The only reason i'd consider a 1911 is...........availability.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:53 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:31 pm

CZ 75 is a good protip. Beretta 92 is part of the search. Will investigate the px4. Tx. And yeah, useful guns B4 pretty guns. The only reason i'd consider a 1911 is...........availability.
CZ fanboi checking in. I love the things.

Also, I can commiserate on the 10rd mag limit. I “fix” that with more mags. :lol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Desertbreh wrote:
dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:31 pm well, I can help expand your search by adding the CZ 75 platform to your options. Full size. Solid frame. One of the most popular models used by over 75% of competition shooters. Tried and true. I own 2 variants.

What about a "2011"?

Although for a do it all type pistol, I think the polymer pistols just do everything better. 1911's are just flex pieces now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm

have you considered just getting a machine gun?

Not even really joking.
I need CA compliant to take to the range. In terms of home defense if I defended I'm pretty sure the legal question is NOT going to be whether the handgun at issue was CA compliant.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Also, I can commiserate on the 10rd mag limit. I “fix” that with more mags. :lol:
If I am a deranged individual who is willing to kill police officers,

1. I give zero fucks about CA Compliant and will get my stuff in AZ. OR.......will have 7 10 round magazines. Ridiculous law.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm

1. I give zero fucks about CA Compliant and will get my stuff in AZ. OR.......will have 7 10 round magazines. Ridiculous law.
:fax:

You’re building a place in Mexico, right? Bring back some full auto AKs. :lol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm If I am a deranged individual who is willing to kill police officers,

You’re building a place in Mexico, right? Bring back some full auto AKs. Image
Maybe he can get back some of the guns the DoJ sent to the cartels a few years ago.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:04 pm
Apex wrote:

Maybe he can get back some of the guns the DoJ sent to the cartels a few years ago.

:dat:
Apex

Apex wrote:

:notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:02 pm

You’re building a place in Mexico, right? Bring back some full auto AKs. :lol:
That's only for the cartels.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:

0/7 will not try.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:11 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:04 pm Maybe he can get back some of the guns the DoJ sent to the cartels a few years ago.

0/7 will not try.
:pout:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Being in the law trade, you have to know at least one police officer, right?

Cops are not held captive like the plebs when it comes to the "safe handgun roster" bullshit. All you need to do is find a cop that doesn't want xyz make/model gun you want and do a PPT (person to person transfer) at the FFL of your choosing. Just don't ask the cop to go buy it specifically for you, or this would be seen as breaking the law and possibly also charged as a straw purchase, even if you legally transferred it at an FFL. ;) ;) ;)

Off roster PPT's and before the single shot exemption was closed is how I got all my off-roster handguns when I only had a California ID.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Cops are not held captive like the plebs when it comes to the "safe handgun roster" bullshit. All you need to do is find a cop that doesn't want xyz make/model gun you want and do a PPT (person to person transfer) at the FFL of your choosing. Just don't ask the cop to go buy it specifically for you, or this would be seen as breaking the law and possibly also charged as a straw purchase, even if you legally transferred it at an FFL. ;) ;) ;)

Off roster PPT's and before the single shot exemption was closed is how I got all my off-roster handguns when I only had a California ID.
I was waiting till you got back. Let's take an example of a "non list" firearm of interest to me. https://www.wilsoncombat.com/berettawil ... r-tactical. If some guy from Vegas for instance, buys this gun with 10 round mags...........can he sell it to me PPT?
Apex

I’ll just leave this here for Desert.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/

Yes, you can get 10rd mags for it too.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:03 pm I’ll just leave this here for Desert.

Fancy! I need to start out with some basics. Pew Pew broker has a CA CZ 75 in .45 ACP for $899.........which is NOT a deal but damn man it's hard to find anything atm.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:30 pm

I was waiting till you got back. Let's take an example of a "non list" firearm of interest to me. https://www.wilsoncombat.com/berettawil ... r-tactical. If some guy from Vegas for instance, buys this gun with 10 round mags...........can he sell it to me PPT?

He would have to be a California resident. Cops are exempt.

Plus, you bought the standard capacity mags before the ban, or during "Freedom Week", right? ;)
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:03 pm I’ll just leave this here for Desert.

Fancy! I need to start out with some basics. Pew Pew broker has a CA CZ 75 in .45 ACP for $899.........which is NOT a deal but damn man it's hard to find anything atm.
CZs in .45 ACP are the 97s, as far as I know. But that’s only like a hundo more than what I can get one for here in NJ. That would be a phenomenal pickup.
Also, you could then send it to CZCustoms (in AZ I believe) for their 10mm conversion.