All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 am
dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:41 am

I dont think they compare much. This is suppressor and optics ready out box. Its also much larger to get those 15 rounds in. I also seem the FNX holding value well. Its just different than others and a great platform for 45acp. I do really like the new 2.0 :doe: and would buy one in 9mm.
Jersey doe so 10rd max and no suppressors. :jalepenis:
I’ve held the FNX before and it feels great, M&P feels great in hand too. I’ll have to go and try them back to back before dropping the cheddar.
The FNX is a brick to make use of the extra rounds. Its not as bad as glock but its a big boi and my hands are giant so I modify my regular grip. The 2.0 should have better handle feel for most. Since you cant play with more than 10 rounds, I dont see much advantage. Its like driving a Ferrari with a 4cyl.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:29 am
Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am

Cajunize that SP01 and rock on!
How did you know about that guy? Apparently he is the almighty do'er of cz shit. He is in Monroe which is like a 4 hours drive to the north.
There’s only 2 shops really worth doing work on CZs; CZCustom and Cajun Gun Works.
Cajun gets insanely good reviews. I thought about going SP01 and adding some Cajun spice to it before I grabbed the Shadow2.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 am
Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 am

Jersey doe so 10rd max and no suppressors. :jalepenis:
I’ve held the FNX before and it feels great, M&P feels great in hand too. I’ll have to go and try them back to back before dropping the cheddar.
The FNX is a brick to make use of the extra rounds. Its not as bad as glock but its a big boi and my hands are giant so I modify my regular grip. The 2.0 should have better handle feel for most. Since you cant play with more than 10 rounds, I dont see much advantage. Its like driving a Ferrari with a 4cyl.
:word:

I can grab a 2.0 for about $510, then $160 to mill for a dot, and $165 for the Apex trigger group. Sounds 5/7 to me at that point.
Apex

Can I get standard capacity mags now? Maybe CCW permit too? No? Okay. :sad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Any recommendations for a solid pistol safe? This seems alright and it's not a china special.

https://smile.amazon.com/SentrySafe-QAP ... polis0f-20

My LGS said they had a 5 hour line to get into the shop yesterday. They're doing appointment only for the rest of the week. I'm thinking maybe to just call and see if they're accepting transfers so I could buy online. That's probably easiest right?
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:16 pm Any recommendations for a solid pistol safe? This seems alright and it's not a china special.

My LGS said they had a 5 hour line to get into the shop yesterday. They're doing appointment only for the rest of the week. I'm thinking maybe to just call and see if they're accepting transfers so I could buy online. That's probably easiest right?
I have a Vaultek that I like for something I want quick access to.
They have different sizes and features but I went for their basic line (non-biometric) compact version.

Buying online with your LGS transferring would be easy, unless you can get a good appointment slot. I always like doing everything in person where feasible.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:16 pm Any recommendations for a solid pistol safe? This seems alright and it's not a china special.

They have different sizes and features but I went for their basic line (non-biometric) compact version.

Buying online with your LGS transferring would be easy, unless you can get a good appointment slot. I always like doing everything in person where feasible.
I definitely prefer in person too but I'm worried about stock. They're already booked the rest of the week and the earliest I can get there is Monday. They're unsure if they're going to do appointments for next week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Apex wrote:

I definitely prefer in person too but I'm worried about stock. They're already booked the rest of the week and the earliest I can get there is Monday. They're unsure if they're going to do appointments for next week.

Stock could certainly be an issue... Do you know what you want? Or do you want to handle some stuff in person?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Stock could certainly be an issue... Do you know what you want? Or do you want to handle some stuff in person?
Kinda. I was thinking either a P320 Carry/M18, VP9, or P10C. Can always call beforehand to make sure they have stuff.
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:10 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Kinda. I was thinking either a P320 Carry/M18, VP9, or P10C. Can always call beforehand to make sure they have stuff.
Certainly worth a call ahead of time. Compact 9mm’s are always popular.
Grip feel is quite different between the VP9 and P10C. I love how aggressive the P10 grip is personally.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:10 pm Kinda. I was thinking either a P320 Carry/M18, VP9, or P10C. Can always call beforehand to make sure they have stuff.
Grip feel is quite different between the VP9 and P10C. I love how aggressive the P10 grip is personally.
I've shot a P30 which I'm assuming has the same frame as a VP9. It's just DA/SA. I know it's cliche but it fit my hand like a glove.

The CZ grip doesn't look that aggressive. I'm curious about the frame on the M18 though. And glocks are out since they're just not comfortable. I know people love them and they're great pistols but it was like holding a brick when I shot a G19.

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:49 pm
Apex wrote:
I've shot a P30 which I'm assuming has the same frame as a VP9. It's just DA/SA. I know it's cliche but it fit my hand like a glove.

The CZ grip doesn't look that aggressive. I'm curious about the frame on the M18 though. And glocks are out since they're just not comfortable. I know people love them and they're great pistols but it was like holding a brick when I shot a G19.

VP9 is sweet, grip is smoother than the CZ.
P10 grip is rock solid in my hands, but some people are put off after shooting it due to the raised nubs pressing into your hand.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:49 pm I've shot a P30 which I'm assuming has the same frame as a VP9. It's just DA/SA. I know it's cliche but it fit my hand like a glove.

VP9 is sweet, grip is smoother than the CZ.
P10 grip is rock solid in my hands, but some people are put off after shooting it due to the raised nubs pressing into your hand.
I'll definitely call ahead of time and try to go in person.

I also saw there's a shortage of Sig mags for the 320. You only get 1 with purchase and have to fill out a form on their site to get additional ones later. :disappoint:
[user not found] wrote:

I have a very similar sentry that's been used twice a day every day for five years now. Still flawless. Not the best solution but it keeps the kiddos safe.
:like:

Apex

1 mag with purchase?? :flaccid:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm 1 mag with purchase?? :flaccid:
M18 is supposed to come with 3 but at least they send them eventually.

I'm sure they're sold out everywhere too. :(
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm 1 mag with purchase?? :flaccid:
M18 is supposed to come with 3 but at least they send them eventually.

Greg Cote LLC is a great place for mags. Looks like they have some in stock for the 320.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm M18 is supposed to come with 3 but at least they send them eventually.

Greg Cote LLC is a great place for mags. Looks like they have some in stock for the 320.

:notbad: What a shady looking website though. Image

I'll head up to the shop Monday if they're taking walk-ins and order mags after depending on what happens.

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 pm
Apex wrote:

:notbad: What a shady looking website though. Image

I'll head up to the shop Monday if they're taking walk-ins and order mags after depending on what happens.

Oh it absolutely looks shady. I’ve ordered from there before and it worked out well, I’ll order from there again in the future.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

You can't buy full capacity mags by bulk? :sad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote:You can't buy full capacity mags by bulk? :sad:
You can. Just not right now because of corona.

Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 am You can't buy full capacity mags by bulk? :sad:
My illustrious gov has deemed us peasants unfit to possess any full capacity mags.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gave them a call because why not. LGS doesn't have M18 or VP9 but they do have P10C. He said they have the M17 so I may go to try it since it's the same frame as the M18. They could order me an M18 but they wouldn't know when I'd get it. No appointments next week and they're back to walk-ins so I'll give them another call Monday before I go.

They are still accepting transfers and the fee is $40. This place on gunbroker is in Butler too so it shouldn't take forever to get to them.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870325581
Apex

Finally got some group therapy with my 10/22 today. Oh man I need more of that, it’s so much fun.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:21 pm Finally got some group therapy with my 10/22 today. Oh man I need more of that, it’s so much fun.
There any outdoor ranges in Jersey? The only one I know of around me is private. :disappoint:
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:21 pm Finally got some group therapy with my 10/22 today. Oh man I need more of that, it’s so much fun.
There any outdoor ranges in Jersey? The only one I know of around me is private. :disappoint:
The public one I know of is down in south jersey; we use their indoor range when we are on LBI but haven’t used the outdoor range yet.