All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CETME's (the hk g3 remade for plebs) are getting pretty cheap in parts kit form.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETME_rifle

$150 part kit
$150 barrel
$100 receiver

Im considering picking up a nice wood stock variant from the 70s. Would be from spain.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Had a lot of cleaning to do this weekend. Some safe Queens hadn't seen oil in 2 years. This little guy is still the strangest revolver.

1924 7.62 nagant. Soviet made.

Only revolver that makes a sealed gas chamber and has a very strange recessed bullet. That case actually fits into the chamber to boost pressure. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Another prize. A classic Belgium made FN Hi Powered. This was an Israeli police issue IIRC. It's probably 1985 make by serial number 245pv. I had this reblued and added the classic walnut grip.

This was Browing's follow up design from the 1911 in 45 ACP to use the newly minted 9mm. Image

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm Had a lot of cleaning to do this weekend. Some safe Queens hadn't seen oil in 2 years. This little guy is still the strangest revolver.

Only revolver that makes a sealed gas chamber and has a very strange recessed bullet. That case actually fits into the chamber to boost pressure. ImageImage

Whys the writing in English?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:45 pm
dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm Had a lot of cleaning to do this weekend. Some safe Queens hadn't seen oil in 2 years. This little guy is still the strangest revolver.

Only revolver that makes a sealed gas chamber and has a very strange recessed bullet. That case actually fits into the chamber to boost pressure.

Thats the secondary import mark. I bought this in excellent shape from a large importer that wholesaled a ton of old russian arms. The importer actually stamps their own info on it as the "maker" per US law for firearm sales. If different for some rifles and pistols too. Its the same reason you don't see AKs imported as whole units. They have to comply with 922r which mandates a minimum number of US made parts for all rifles. Pistols simply need to be restamped/serialed.

If you had an OG with no import markings, its worth more as it was much more rare and was likely a bring back from ww2 troops. :like:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Thats the secondary import mark. I bought this in excellent shape from a large importer that wholesaled a ton of old russian arms. The importer actually stamps their own info on it as the "maker" per US law for firearm sales. If different for some rifles and pistols too. Its the same reason you don't see AKs imported as whole units. They have to comply with 922r which mandates a minimum number of US made parts for all rifles. Pistols simply need to be restamped/serialed.

If you had an OG with no import markings, its worth more as it was much more rare and was likely a bring back from ww2 troops. :like:
Interesting.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I met up with an old friend that is now a serious player in the US AK market. I traded him my jig and tooling in order for him to complete 2 parts kits on nicer receivers. Apparently my old IO Inc AK receivers were "unsafe" at best. So they are upselling me some better parts and selling off my inferior ones.

I will end up with a nice Romy gun with a forged barrel (a shooter grade) and a numbers matching full Polish build from 1967 (collector).

Pretty excited to finally wrap up some projects.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Uzi parts on the way. Get to do a nice reweld. I'll probably try to make my own jig since I ordered a barrel. Base the jig off barrel and front trunnion alignment.

I'll just keep talking to myself since everyone else in DFD is :aintcare: on gunz.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 pm I'll probably try to make my own jig
:idbu:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 pm I'll probably try to make my own jig
:idbu:
with the barrel it wont be hard at all. a 3/8" dia metal rod and tighten it all down. center everything off the barrel and bolt each end up.

Without a barrel, yes, I'd need a large chunk of metal to sit in the receiver.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://cajuncountryarms.com/product/fu ... nment-bar/

Simple enough. Image

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 pm Uzi parts on the way. Get to do a nice reweld. I'll probably try to make my own jig since I ordered a barrel. Base the jig off barrel and front trunnion alignment.

I'll just keep talking to myself since everyone else in DFD is :aintcare: on gunz.
I like following your pew pew adventures. I just don't have much to add at the moment, thanks NJ.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 pm Uzi parts on the way. Get to do a nice reweld. I'll probably try to make my own jig since I ordered a barrel. Base the jig off barrel and front trunnion alignment.

I like following your pew pew adventures. I just don't have much to add at the moment, thanks NJ.
:sad:

you can't build your own stuff? I see no one will ship anything to NJ tho. Makes it hard. :dislike:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm

:sad:

you can't build your own stuff? I see no one will ship anything to NJ tho. Makes it hard. :dislike:
I could build stuff, within the NJ regulations, but I also need to update my FID card with my new address... I should get on that.

I do want to build an AR at some point.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I looked at your stuff.....very interesting I appreciate the posts I just don't have anything intelligent to add to them.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:17 pm

I looked at your stuff.....very interesting I appreciate the posts I just don't have anything intelligent to add to them.
:notbad:

fair enough. Will update when AKs are done.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:17 pm

:notbad:

fair enough. Will update when AKs are done.
:like:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

for reference, uzis are hilariously cheap right now.

The metal collapsing stock is the cheapest. The wood stocks are a bit nicer to shoot.

Nice parts kit with new US barrel and a mag: $239 - free ship
80% Receiver - $86 shipped
US made semi auto sear - $22.

need a drill press, cut/grind wheel and some sandpaper + finish paint and a welder.

Square front trunnion up. Align to 80% receiver. Weld it up. Mod lower for no giggle switch. Mod bolt in a mill.

~$350 and 6 hours with basic tools you get a uzi.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I like guns. But I'm not having any in the house while I have kids
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Outside the one I have that is
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm I like guns. But I'm not having any in the house while I have kids
Wouldn't a good fire safe be well placed then? Seems like it would be a good thing to start teaching them responsibility early on. But certainly keep them very locked up.
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm I like guns. But I'm not having any in the house while I have kids
Why not?
Apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:14 pm
Wouldn't a good fire safe be well placed then? Seems like it would be a good thing to start teaching them responsibility early on. But certainly keep them very locked up.
:dat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:14 pm
Wouldnt be a bad idea to get a Red Ryder or even a .22 for that purpose.

Ive had guns before and just end up selling them because they literally never get used.

We had lots of long guns growing up. Dad had 1 pistol but not until I was older.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:15 pm
Why not?
I never get to use them. Or I should say I never make time to use them. Range..etc,