Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:26 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Why not?
I never get to use them. Or I should say I never make time to use them. Range..etc,
Fair enough; that's a reasonable response.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

This bump stock thing is taking form. The end of the year we should see some fireworks.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgen ... =1140-AA52

Commenting ended 11/8/18 and it looks like its moving forward. Not that I like bumpstocks, I think they are stupid. To try to classify them as an "NFA" item or machine gun potentially means opening the registry. They registry was also closed 30 days early, so that time is still technically there on the books.

If the books opened, i can't fathom how many new MGs will be added. You will see serial numbers just PILE into the books. Every single window licker will have a machine gun.
This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

Summary of the Legal Basis:

The Attorney General has express authority pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 926 to prescribe rules and regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of Chapter 44, Title 18, United States Code. The detailed legal analysis supporting the definition of machinegun proposed for adoption in this rule is expressed in the abstract for the rule itself.

Alternatives:

There are no feasible alternatives to the proposed rule that would allow ATF to regulate bump-stock-type devices. Absent congressional action, the only feasible alternative is to maintain the status quo.
hold on to your butts.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I found a vz61 kit from days of old (pre 94?). Im sending a USPS money order into the dark abyss and hoping the hold guy on the other side actually ships the kit.

Wish me luck!

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm This bump stock thing is taking form. The end of the year we should see some fireworks.

Commenting ended 11/8/18 and it looks like its moving forward. Not that I like bumpstocks, I think they are stupid. To try to classify them as an "NFA" item or machine gun potentially means opening the registry. They registry was also closed 30 days early, so that time is still technically there on the books.

If the books opened, i can't fathom how many new MGs will be added. You will see serial numbers just PILE into the books. Every single window licker will have a machine gun.
Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.
hold on to your butts.
lol, thats just not how this works, lolololol
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm This bump stock thing is taking form. The end of the year we should see some fireworks.

hold on to your butts.
lol, thats just not how this works, lolololol
:dat:

you can't just "add onto" the legal definition of what a machine gun is... hence my curiosity of how this unfolds.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Serbu firearms actually replied to my request for some nice milled uzi feed ramps! I love small biz that is involved and cares. The owner is going to look into make a run and get me some pricing.

Serbu for reference has a few toob vids and makes that very odd AOW super shorty shotgun pistol thing.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:bs:
Last edited by dubshow on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Classic is giving away a Barrett 50 Cal! It's pretty dope. Winner picked in 12 days.

If you want to sign up use my link. I get more entries and you get entered. Everyone needs a 50 Cal!

https://wn.nr/npy2sT

Not sure the rules in communist states :doe:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Last night I got to explain the stupidity of the NFA gun laws and what classifies a pistol vs rifle vs short barreleld rifle. :derp:

Tax stamps are dumb.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 am Last night I got to explain the stupidity of the NFA gun laws and what classifies a pistol vs rifle vs short barreleld rifle. :derp:

Tax stamps are dumb.
:dat:

If you have a FID card, you should be able to buy/build what you want.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Last edited by dubshow on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Pretty neat

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Nice share. I bet they've seen some cave storage for sure! So much surplus.
KYGTIGuy wrote:Pretty neat

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex

dubshow wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:59 am New sbr setup for 556 and night vision. Got my new enforce light. It's legit. White and IR Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That looks like a lot of fun.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

cans ordered. will. it be a 4 month wait? Will it be a 12 month wait?

rolls dice.

Time to get the ole mosin threaded. :megusta:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Any recommendations for a single shotgun sized gun safe?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:22 pm Any recommendations for a single shotgun sized gun safe?
Single gun sized safe?

Nope.

Just remember that you don't want the most expensive and you don't want a cheap metal "cabinet".

They can all be defeated but you want one that is intimidating enough.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:14 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:22 pm Any recommendations for a single shotgun sized gun safe?
Single gun sized safe?

Nope.

Just remember that you don't want the most expensive and you don't want a cheap metal "cabinet".

I just need something that will keep my son out.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:17 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Single gun sized safe?

Nope.

I just need something that will keep my son out.
If you're only doing one shotgun maybe something like this mounted in your bedroom closet would work?

https://www.hornady.com/security/rapid- ... -wall-lock
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

le derp. They is shut down but they still taking yo monies.
Greetings from Silencer Shop! Just a quick note letting you know that your application was received by the ATF and the check was cashed on 1/15/2019
NOW I can start the 300 day count.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

update on the 1911. I put some different coccoloba hardwood grips on. It replaced the basic wood ones seen in foto. Will require a bit more fit and finish as the bottom was very sharp.

I also dislike my ambi safety. The gunsmith said he would likely need to fit any safety. The tolerance on this gun is just nuts. It now shoots WAY better than I can.

I was able to stack 5 rounds (off hand with little effort) in 2" groups at 20 yards using shit reload ammo. Its dead on with no fliers. It shoots a hair low left and I will look into getting an adjustable rear sight.