All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Anyone pick up a Gen 5 Cock yet? I may buy a 17 tomorrow but I probably shouldn't considering the toothing issues that the 4 had..

No finger grooves :fuckyeah:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:59 pm Anyone pick up a Gen 5 Cock yet? I may buy a 17 tomorrow but I probably shouldn't considering the toothing issues that the 4 had..

Nope.

California won't let me now that they went super-NAZI on the handguns last year.

Looks pretty good though, I have a gen 2 G23 that I bought new in 1992. The finger grooves in the Gen 3/4 took some getting used to after spending so much time with the Gen 2.
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:59 pm Anyone pick up a Gen 5 Cock yet? I may buy a 17 tomorrow but I probably shouldn't considering the toothing issues that the 4 had..

Nope.

California won't let me now that they went super-NAZI on the handguns last year.

Looks pretty good though, I have a gen 2 G23 that I bought new in 1992. The finger grooves in the Gen 3/4 took some getting used to after spending so much time with the Gen 2.
Dang :(

I'm looking forward to testing one, I've owned multiple Gen 3 and 4 in various calibers and sizes. I've always preferred the grips on my M&P's. My first CC was a Gen 3 19.
SixSpeeder

So my Shield 45 has been dropping mags while shooting, customer service is sending me a new retainer. I've been having such crap luck with the new guns that I've bought lately.

Sucks because this really shakes my confidence in the pistol, and it shoots very nicely when it's working and is easy to carry. There were zero issues for the first ~500 rounds.
Last edited by SixSpeeder on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SixSpeeder

:flaccid:
SixSpeeder

Bought a Glock 19 Gen 5, got delayed :rage:

This is becoming a trend :disappoint:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 pm Bought a Glock 19 Gen 5, got delayed :rage:

I wouldn't mind a G19. :notbad:
SixSpeeder

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 pm Bought a Glock 19 Gen 5, got delayed :rage:

I wouldn't mind a G19 also, too bad it's being held against my will for absolutely no legal reason

My propurtey grumble grumble unconstitutional grumble grumble
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 pm

I wouldn't mind a G19 also, too bad it's being held against my will for absolutely no legal reason

Imagine if you were in California and no matter how many guns you own already you need to wait 10 days to "cool down" and not do anything rash with this additional weapon.

:iono: :evil: :iono: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Apex

:rage:
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Imagine if you were in California and no matter how many guns you own already you need to wait 10 days to "cool down" and not do anything rash with this additional weapon.

I definitely feel for you, I bought my first gun when I lived in CA (a Rem 870) and had to wait 10 days. Now it's :fullretard: on a whole another level from what I hear with certain manufacturers abandoning the market rather than playing games to make their products state compliant.

I've gotten delayed the last 4 times that I bought a gun which is abnormal, a lot of guys that I know have never been delayed. And NICS gives no reason for the delay, I've tried calling to inquire about it before.
Last edited by SixSpeeder on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 pm

I definitely feel for you, I bought my first gun when I lived in CA (a Rem 870) and had to wait 10 days. Now it's :fullretard: on a whole another level from what I hear with certain manufacturers abandoning the market rather than playing games to make their products state compliant.
Yes, and they are playing right into the plans of the antis.... They couldn't straight out ban all guns, but they make it hard enough that the manufacturers can't or won't comply.
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes, and they are playing right into the plans of the antis.... They couldn't straight out ban all guns, but they make it hard enough that the manufacturers can't or won't comply.
Do you blame them? It must be costly to redesign and incorporate parts specifically for one state
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Do you blame them? It must be costly to redesign and incorporate parts specifically for one state
Not at all. However, we can't seem to gather the votes to reverse this shit due to all the mindless lemmings coming out of the school system.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Upin time
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Upin time
In all honestly I have more than enough guns, so I can deal with it for now until we retire and I move out of California and into America.
SixSpeeder

Caulk 19 Gen Cinco

Sry Wax
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm Caulk 19 Gen Cinco

Sry Wax
:angry:
SixSpeeder

So like a lot of the reviews, the rear sight was off from the factory. It wasn't as noticeable as some of the vids that I've seen, mine was only off by a mm (to the right). Replaced them with some Trublo TFO:

My old kydex holsters don't work correctly because of the ambi slide stop, it can be forced into them but doesn't draw out smoothly. Dang
Apex

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:04 pm So like a lot of the reviews, the rear sight was off from the factory. It wasn't as noticeable as some of the vids that I've seen, mine was only off by a mm (to the right). Replaced them with some Trublo TFO:

My old kydex holsters don't work correctly because of the ambi slide stop, it can be forced into them but doesn't draw out smoothly. Dang
:like:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm Caulk 19 Gen Cinco

Sry Wax
i know right!? They put a damn auto sear blocker on the plastic frame for gen5. :dislike:
SixSpeeder

dubshow wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 pm
i know right!? They put a damn auto sear blocker on the plastic frame for gen5. :dislike:
:thanksobama:
SixSpeeder

Front sight stopped glowing after taking it to the range yesterday :doe:

I haven't even thrown my Glock at anyone lately, returning to Amacon. Ordered some Caulk factory night sights same-gay shipping
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm Front sight stopped glowing after taking it to the range yesterday :doe:

I haven't even thrown my Glock at anyone lately, returning to Amacon. Ordered some Caulk factory night sights same-gay shipping
How did you install them?

I use an MGW Sight Pro and never have had an issue, but I have used Trijicon night sights on all my guns for the last ~25 years.
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm Front sight stopped glowing after taking it to the range yesterday :doe:

How did you install them?

I use an MGW Sight Pro and never have had an issue, but I have used Trijicon night sights on all my guns for the last ~25 years.
The front sight goes on with a standard Glock front sight tool (3/16 driver), so no hammering of any kind. The rear sight I used a nylon punch to tap it out with it in a vice. They worked fine (glowed in the dark uniformly) for a day, but stopped glowing after the first time that I took it to the range. This is apparently a common issue with Truglo sights with a tritium vial coming loose, a lot of people talk crap about their QC and have had this happen multiple times with replacements. I'm just going to return them as defective