Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:23 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:36 pm

:like:

Have you gone shooting at all? I'm just sitting here all :( due to what's going on.
Yeah, I’ve hit the range some. Usually for classes as that’s been almost easier than finding open range time. But being a member has its perks and I can always DM the girls on Facebook or something if I need to.
I'd like to do some classes. Where are you a member at? The last time I went to the range it was about a 45 min wait and that was before the ammo shortage really kicked in.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:23 pm

Yeah, I’ve hit the range some. Usually for classes as that’s been almost easier than finding open range time. But being a member has its perks and I can always DM the girls on Facebook or something if I need to.
I'd like to do some classes. Where are you a member at? The last time I went to the range it was about a 45 min wait and that was before the ammo shortage really kicked in.
Tactical Training Center in Flemington, NJ.

They do all sorts of classes and schedule range time, so you don’t have to wait around.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Tactical Training Center in Flemington, NJ.

They do all sorts of classes and schedule range time, so you don’t have to wait around.
:notbad:
Apex

Wifey and I tried our hands at sporting clays yesterday. Much different than the range time we’ve had before but this was so much fun! It was at a club where we know a couple members but we’ve been invited back anytime we want. I’m gonna need to find more shells since they have these every Sunday.

I shot 17/50 which was way better than I was expecting. Very happy with spending a stimulus check on my over/under. :lol:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am Image

Wifey and I tried our hands at sporting clays yesterday. Much different than the range time we’ve had before but this was so much fun! It was at a club where we know a couple members but we’ve been invited back anytime we want. I’m gonna need to find more shells since they have these every Sunday.

I shot 17/50 which was way better than I was expecting. Very happy with spending a stimulus check on my over/under. :lol:
Trap shooting is awesome. The last time I did it was off the back of the Disney Cruise.....
Apex

Irish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am

Trap shooting is awesome. The last time I did it was off the back of the Disney Cruise.....
It was so much fun! I was joking yesterday that I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing that Sue likes this stuff as much as me… it gets expensive real quick! :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm Waiting on the “instant” NICS check to come back, but I paid for another CZ on Sunday. Pic from the googles for reference.

CZ Drake over/under in 20ga.

Should be fun to bust some clays with. Plus, I feel fancy as hell holding the thing. I should be riding a stagecoach wearing a monocle fancy.
Pieces are wrapped in blue crushed velvet inside the case. :fancy:
Nice. What other O/Us did you look at?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:30 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm Waiting on the “instant” NICS check to come back, but I paid for another CZ on Sunday. Pic from the googles for reference.

CZ Drake over/under in 20ga.

Should be fun to bust some clays with. Plus, I feel fancy as hell holding the thing. I should be riding a stagecoach wearing a monocle fancy.
Pieces are wrapped in blue crushed velvet inside the case. :fancy:
I looked at a bunch of stuff when I got the Drake. Berettas, Remington, Mossberg, etc. I wasn’t set on an O/U so I looked at semis, pumps, O/Us… This one felt “right”.

I’ll probably add a CZ Redhead in 12ga when I have room for a proper safe.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am
Irish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am

It was so much fun! I was joking yesterday that I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing that Sue likes this stuff as much as me… it gets expensive real quick! :lol:
There used to be a few places in the Poconos where you could pay to fire all manner of hand cannons......

AK-15s M16s, M50s, 9mm, 50 cal, you name it.....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:30 pm

I looked at a bunch of stuff when I got the Drake. Berettas, Remington, Mossberg, etc. I wasn’t set on an O/U so I looked at semis, pumps, O/Us… This one felt “right”.

How much did you pay? I have a Ruger Red Label O/U for trap and such but I always use semi-auto in the field. I've gotten a fair number of birds on the third shell.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:15 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm

How much did you pay? I have a Ruger Red Label O/U for trap and such but I always use semi-auto in the field. I've gotten a fair number of birds on the third shell.
$599. They’ve gone up to ~$650 now.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:15 pm

That seems like a lot of gun for $600.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

That seems like a lot of gun for $600.
Especially since the stimmy check was $600. :hubba:

I have zero complaints with it!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I’ve never found the rifle range to be all that fun but shooting clays is a blast. 17/50 is pretty solid. I remember at Boy Scout camp I took the shotgun shooting merit badge class, practiced every day all week, and still failed to hit the 25/50 required to get the merit badge.

:ohwell: it was a cool thing to have tried, would do again if the opportunity ever arises.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:31 pm

I’ve never found the rifle range to be all that fun but shooting clays is a blast. 17/50 is pretty solid. I remember at Boy Scout camp I took the shotgun shooting merit badge class, practiced every day all week, and still failed to hit the 25/50 required to get the merit badge.

:ohwell: it was a cool thing to have tried, would do again if the opportunity ever arises.
Funny enough the only other time I’ve shot clays was in Boy Scouts many many years ago.

5/7 will drop a boatload of cash doing this. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Boy Scouts was my main pew pew exposure. I did date this girl many moons ago and we also used to pew pew in her grandparent's back yard in the country. They had a lot of various hand guns and rifles. That was always meh to me, shooting pumpkins and stuff. The moving targets are far more :excited:
Apex

First time seeing one in the wild, CZ Parrot!
I was prompted told “no” by the wifey as I was eye-fucking the shit outta this. :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:05 pm Image

I was prompted told “no” by the wifey as I was eye-fucking the shit outta this. :lol:
A gun store with guns. :amazing:
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:51 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:05 pm Image

A gun store with guns. :amazing:
$4k race guns don’t exactly sell the same as a 9mm Glock.

But supplies are coming around a bit. Ammo on the other hand is rarer than hens-teeth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I think there needs to be some sort of expose on :derp: s with insane weapons Staches. I don’t really get it … after 2k bullets the fk you gonna do?
Apex

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:25 pm I think there needs to be some sort of expose on :derp: s with insane weapons Staches. I don’t really get it … after 2k bullets the fk you gonna do?
What’s “insane” to you?
(I don’t mean to come across as attacking or anything like that)

Plenty of people out there that collect different firearms that have large collections.

Competition shooters will easily shoot 10’s of thousands of rounds a year; a lot of recreational shooters will do thousands of rounds a year too.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:25 pm I think there needs to be some sort of expose on :derp: s with insane weapons Staches. I don’t really get it … after 2k bullets the fk you gonna do?
What’s “insane” to you?

Plenty of people out there that collect different firearms that have large collections.

Competition shooters will easily shoot 10’s of thousands of rounds a year; a lot of recreational shooters will do thousands of rounds a year too.
I don't understand how there can be a gun/ammo shortage in a country that is not in an active war. So I think a lot of this can be attributed to some sort of ammo hoarding. It's a self feeding cycle just like with Toilet paper. "if I see ammo I am buying it all because price will go up or I won't find any tomorrow" mentality.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm

What’s “insane” to you?

I don't understand how there can be a gun/ammo shortage in a country that is not in an active war. So I think a lot of this can be attributed to some sort of ammo hoarding. It's a self feeding cycle just like with Toilet paper. "if I see ammo I am buying it all because price will go up or I won't find any tomorrow" mentality.
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/swbi

I don't understand why Smith and Wesson is not trading @ $150/share given that they cannot make enough of their product.
Apex

What’s “insane” to you?

Since COVID, there are over 8million new gun owners. Every month has been record number of background checks completed, until last month I believe.

Supply chain issues caused a shortage on the manufacturing side in late ‘19 and early ‘20; and the added demand from millions of new gun owners cleaned out the shelves. CEOs of the manufacturing companies are stating they may not get back to pre-COVID levels of supply until 2022. And pricing may never come down to pre-COVID levels.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Since COVID, there are over 8million new gun owners. Every month has been record number of background checks completed, until last month I believe.

Supply chain issues caused a shortage on the manufacturing side in late ‘19 and early ‘20; and the added demand from millions of new gun owners cleaned out the shelves. CEOs of the manufacturing companies are stating they may not get back to pre-COVID levels of supply until 2022. And pricing may never come down to pre-COVID levels.
Sounds like the auto industry… damn every single industry on some sort of :fullretard: spree