All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 pm There any outdoor ranges in Jersey? The only one I know of around me is private. :disappoint:
The public one I know of is down in south jersey; we use their indoor range when we are on LBI but haven’t used the outdoor range yet.
Dang. All the ranges around here are probably mobbed. I'd like to get there soon.

I ended up going with the M18.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:21 pm Finally got some group therapy with my 10/22 today. Oh man I need more of that, it’s so much fun.
I love mine in the magpul stock. The ticket is a takedown 10/22 in a magpul tho. Love that setup. Then sbr it, its perfect size.

I have an ar 22 which is prolly a better platform in general but I still prefer the 10/22. It was my 3rd gun ever bought iirc.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 am
Apex wrote:
The public one I know of is down in south jersey; we use their indoor range when we are on LBI but haven’t used the outdoor range yet.
Dang. All the ranges around here are probably mobbed. I'd like to get there soon.

Thats a nice pistola. I like them. for $600 on sale, its seemed like a great buy. Was tempted several times.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I took a plunge further down the rabbit hole.

Money transfer today and then the wait.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 am
Apex wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:21 pm Finally got some group therapy with my 10/22 today. Oh man I need more of that, it’s so much fun.
I love mine in the magpul stock. The ticket is a takedown 10/22 in a magpul tho. Love that setup. Then sbr it, its perfect size.

I have an ar 22 which is prolly a better platform in general but I still prefer the 10/22. It was my 3rd gun ever bought iirc.
Oddly enough mine is a takedown, definitely thinking about picking up the backpacker stock for it. I was giggling like a schoolgirl plinking away with it. :lol:
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 am
Apex wrote:

:nice:

My local indoor range was pretty dead this weekend which I was :mindblown: about. Wifey and I split 90 mins and there was only 1 other person on the range for either of us. Felt so good to go back. Munchkin was a hit as usual. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:47 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 am

Oddly enough mine is a takedown, definitely thinking about picking up the backpacker stock for it. I was giggling like a schoolgirl plinking away with it. :lol:

good choice sir. Then when you suppress it, everything is better.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:52 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:47 am

good choice sir. Then when you suppress it, everything is better.
I kinda want to put a little scope on it... :iono: :troywax:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 am Dang. All the ranges around here are probably mobbed. I'd like to get there soon.

Thats a nice pistola. I like them. for $600 on sale, its seemed like a great buy. Was tempted several times.
I lucked out big time on it. I did get it from that shop on gunbroker when they had a buy it now option for $600, free shipping, and no CC fees. And since they're based in PA I only had to pay the PA sales tax. Now everything they have is an auction with additional shipping.

Picking it up at my transfer store and there was a line of course, but their pistol and rifle inventory was pretty much cleaned out. Managed to buy some ammo online before that got cleaned out real fast too.

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 pm
dubshow wrote:
I lucked out big time on it. I did get it from that shop on gunbroker when they had a buy it now option for $600, free shipping, and no CC fees. And since they're based in PA I only had to pay the PA sales tax. Now everything they have is an auction with additional shipping.

Picking it up at my transfer store and there was a line of course, but their pistol and rifle inventory was pretty much cleaned out. Managed to buy some ammo online before that got cleaned out real fast too.

Ammo is nowhere to be found these days. I need to stock up when inventory normalizes so I don’t need to ration myself at the range. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Ammo is nowhere to be found these days. I need to stock up when inventory normalizes so I don’t need to ration myself at the range. :lol:
Im woefully short on 45 now. down to just a few hundred. and more mouths to feed it to. :sad:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:38 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Im woefully short on 45 now. down to just a few hundred. and more mouths to feed it to. :sad:
:sad:
The range is only selling 1 box per caliber so I grabbed the 200 round “range box” of Winchester 45s just to have a little extra. The M&P45 is fun and makes bigger holes than 9. :lol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 pm I lucked out big time on it. I did get it from that shop on gunbroker when they had a buy it now option for $600, free shipping, and no CC fees. And since they're based in PA I only had to pay the PA sales tax. Now everything they have is an auction with additional shipping.

Ammo is nowhere to be found these days. I need to stock up when inventory normalizes so I don’t need to ration myself at the range. Image
It's wild. There was a one box limit at the store I picked it up from. Bought a few more boxes from sgammo before they sold out in a few hours.

Any other good sites for ammo? Cheaperthandirt was price gouging IIRC.

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:02 pm
Apex wrote:
Ammo is nowhere to be found these days. I need to stock up when inventory normalizes so I don’t need to ration myself at the range. Image
It's wild. There was a one box limit at the store I picked it up from. Bought a few more boxes from sgammo before they sold out in a few hours.

Cheaperthandirt criminally price gouges IMO. I’ll never do business there.

Check out ammoseek.com
It’s like google but for bullets.

I’ve heard good things about ammosupplywarehouse.com too.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hello gun nuts. Nothing you don't know, but MAN, is it hard to get a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol in CA right now. Looking for a Glock or a Sig P226, and............bubkus for CA compliant guns.
Also, our "list of guns" makes anything new or cool illegal.

Wanted this. https://www.wilsoncombat.com/berettawil ... -tactical/. Not on the list. Etc.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm Hello gun nuts. Nothing you don't know, but MAN, is it hard to get a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol in CA right now. Looking for a Glock or a Sig P226, and............bubkus for CA compliant guns.

Wanted this. https://www.wilsoncombat.com/berettawil ... -tactical/. Not on the list. Etc.
Wilson makes some :nice: stuff.

CAs list of guns is stupid. What makes the items on that list “safer” than something not on it?
It’s not easy finding stuff these days; lots of places are sold out until the manufacturers build more.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm Hello gun nuts. Nothing you don't know, but MAN, is it hard to get a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol in CA right now. Looking for a Glock or a Sig P226, and............bubkus for CA compliant guns.

CAs list of guns is stupid. What makes the items on that list “safer” than something not on it?
It’s not easy finding stuff these days; lots of places are sold out until the manufacturers build more.
I can go get a 1911, but .45 ACP is expensive to shoot....and hard to get.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Yeah, 9mm is usually nice in that regard. But I’ve seen stuff around 50 cents a round for 9 these days. For range ammo, not even defensive loads.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:02 pm It's wild. There was a one box limit at the store I picked it up from. Bought a few more boxes from sgammo before they sold out in a few hours.

Check out ammoseek.com

:like:
Desertbreh wrote:Hello gun nuts. Nothing you don't know, but MAN, is it hard to get a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol in CA right now. Looking for a Glock or a Sig P226, and............bubkus for CA compliant guns.

Could always buy online and have it sent to a local FFL.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 pm
Apex wrote:

Check out ammoseek.com

Desertbreh wrote:Hello gun nuts. Nothing you don't know, but MAN, is it hard to get a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol in CA right now. Looking for a Glock or a Sig P226, and............bubkus for CA compliant guns.

Well yeah. That's looking like my course of action.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I didnt think you were in CA :doe:

:pouroneout:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

what exactly are you looking for? Collection? Home defense? Flex piece? Spending a lot of money?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:25 pm
Apex wrote:

Check out ammoseek.com

Many wont bother shipping to CA, so your list just got even shorter.

And even most places on line are selling out of these in any capacity.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Basic bitch Glock 4tay sis $500 at Cabela's. And they'd prolly ship to Cali.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/glock-g ... uto-pistol
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:49 pm

I didnt think you were in CA :doe:

:pouroneout:
Palm Springs/Coachella Valley. Polar opposite of AZ in terms of the pew pew.