What are you listening to?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The chiller the better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:05 pm Some chill beats, always electronic for me haha...

So, I've been really into "low fi down tempo" type electronic stuff lately. Any good recommendations in that area?
Something along these lines ?- not lofi lofi, but imo pretty chill too...

This is a great album btw, Arkade Destinations Living Room.

----

Heres some other chill artists I listen too

Hope you like at least one of them, haha.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 pm
So, I've been really into "low fi down tempo" type electronic stuff lately. Any good recommendations in that area?
Something along these lines ?- not lofi lofi, but imo pretty chill too...

This is a great album btw, Arkade Destinations Living Room.

----

Heres some other chill artists I listen too

Hope you like at least one of them, haha.
Dude, thanks! I've got some listening to do...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:53 pm
Dude, thanks! I've got some listening to do...
Yea for sure any time..if you like some of them, LMK I gotta a whole list lol.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

lol I just played all those /\ at the same time. Hilariously no bueno.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

lol you dj mixed them haha
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

ChrisoftheNorth

Boyz II Men this morning. No clue why, but damn those velvety voices :jimp:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

this on repeat, love Kid Cudi's new album

and a popular track

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Been listening to this band a bit, I have a crush on her. Hear her scream at 2:50

On a very different note, I love love love this guy and his bluesy style

This band is my newest discovery, it's like Chris Cornell doing prog rock
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Not a huge fan of metal bands that dabble in screamo..... one too many Warped Tour concerts for me where 75% of bands were doing that.... but she is cute and I like her melodic side

the other two bands kick ass.....
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

haleyann wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:05 pm Been listening to this band a bit, I have a crush on her. Hear her scream at 2:50

On a very different note, I love love love this guy and his bluesy style

This band is my newest discovery, it's like Chris Cornell doing prog rock

Spiritbox is the shit. Courney fucking slays and Mike writes the most unbelievably djonty riffs.
I've been following them since IWABO years ago. I did some searching online trying to figure out wtf IWABO was up to since they went completely silent for a few years after their last release and then found out that Courtney and Mike started Spiritbox. It's bad ass.
Holy Roller fucking slams.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

When your daughters a Disney princess but you need to get your metal on:

Irish

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:34 pm When your daughters a Disney princess but you need to get your metal on:

:nice:
Irish

I got turned on to this girl, Elise Trouw, from her sitting in with Jack Conte's (founder of Patreons) project Scary Pockets....... Which is a really good group of session musicians that he put together that plays covers in alternate styles from their original form.....

She is a talented loop musician and I cant take my eyes off of her.....

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Metalcore band Architects that I listen to dropped a new album recently. The released a new version of one of the singles from the album with an orchestra palying along with them and its fucking siiiick.

Steaming that on the YouTubes led me to discover a mashup that someone else had done where they found a choir singing a song Doomsday also by Architects (my personal favorite song of theirs) and put the audio form that over the audio from the studio song. Also fucking siiick. Both below:

I’m going to try to use the choir/full song version of Doomsday as the song for my posing routine. From 0:41-1:45ish
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm I got turned on to this girl, Elise Trouw, from her sitting in with Jack Conte's (founder of Patreons) project Scary Pockets....... Which is a really good group of session musicians that he put together that plays covers in alternate styles from their original form.....

She is a talented loop musician and I cant take my eyes off of her.....

Holy cow. :boner: :jizz: :woodplow:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm Metalcore band Architects that I listen to dropped a new album recently. The released a new version of one of the singles from the album with an orchestra palying along with them and its fucking siiiick.

Steaming that on the YouTubes led me to discover a mashup that someone else had done where they found a choir singing a song Doomsday also by Architects (my personal favorite song of theirs) and put the audio form that over the audio from the studio song. Also fucking siiick. Both below:

I’m going to try to use the choir/full song version of Doomsday as the song for my posing routine. From 0:41-1:45ish
This is awesome...but I think the Orchestral version has more punch....
SAWCE

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm Metalcore band Architects that I listen to dropped a new album recently. The released a new version of one of the singles from the album with an orchestra palying along with them and its fucking siiiick.

This is awesome...but I think the Orchestral version has more punch....
I agree, and I might be able to use the first minute of that, but the songs can’t have any swearing, so the chorus is out for that one. I ran the “when hell had frozen over” lyric by a judge and he said that would be fine. But no go on “we’re just a bunch of fucking animals” unless I can get someone to edit it for me.
SAWCE

So I think I can do 0:08-1:08 of the orchestra song. Right when the harp sets in in the beginning, until he ends the verse with “it never rains but it pours”. Right before the music for the chorus kicks in.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I picture a DFD jam session going something like that.
Brittney can fcking belt out some vocals, sad to say that I just discovered Unleash the Archers. I’m really liking their stuff.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Nathaniel Ratcliff
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:40 pm Nathaniel Ratcliff
Was listening to him last week. Very 5/7
SAWCE

Man.. ska was one of the first sub-genres I was introduced to when I was first shown "alternative" rock/music.. Enjoyed some Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, and a few others back then, but it never really stuck. Just found a compilation of ska bands covering emo and pop-punk songs this morning and it's a lot of fun. A fair number of the songs are some of the bigger hits that the emo/pop-punk bands had and got some radio play, so you're likely to recognize a tune or two even if that's not the music you listen to.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:45 pm Man.. ska was one of the first sub-genres I was introduced to when I was first shown "alternative" rock/music.. Enjoyed some Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, and a few others back then, but it never really stuck. Just found a compilation of ska bands covering emo and pop-punk songs this morning and it's a lot of fun. A fair number of the songs are some of the bigger hits that the emo/pop-punk bands had and got some radio play, so you're likely to recognize a tune or two even if that's not the music you listen to.

I like ska so i gave this a download and listen, really enjoyed the spin on some classics from that era. Little extra giddy-up and go! Good share 👍🏼