Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Love the new cover

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Anyone into jam bands? Goose is my new favorite, been listening to them constantly...

:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:52 pm Anyone into jam bands? Goose is my new favorite, been listening to them constantly...

I enjoy jam bands, I'll check them out.

I once played a show at that very venue!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:52 pm Anyone into jam bands? Goose is my new favorite, been listening to them constantly...

That jam in particular is just :mindblown: to me. I love the use of electronics, gives it an EDM esque vibe.

We're going to see them at Red Rocks in August. I'm ridiculously :excited: for that. :tits: not so much, but whatever. Jam bands aren't for everyone.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am

That jam in particular is just :mindblown: to me. I love the use of electronics, gives it an EDM esque vibe.

We're going to see them at Red Rocks in August. I'm ridiculously :excited: for that. :tits: not so much, but whatever. Jam bands aren't for everyone.
I've been listening to them since I posted earlier. I see both sides with jam bands. I love them live. They also make for great background music while working or whatever. On the flip side, they do sometimes lack that epic songwriting that gets stuck in my head for days on end. That is all good though, there is a definite time and place. I like these guys so far. It's a neat use of electronic music while still keeping some pop and rock elements alive.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:57 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 am

I've been listening to them since I posted earlier. I see both sides with jam bands. I love them live. They also make for great background music while working or whatever. On the flip side, they do sometimes lack that epic songwriting that gets stuck in my head for days on end. That is all good though, there is a definite time and place. I like these guys so far. It's a neat use of electronic music while still keeping some pop and rock elements alive.
Oh, the songwriting is certainly lacking, but sometimes they hit well. Slow Ready (the start of the YouTube jam) gets stuck in my head all the time for some reason.

But that's why :tits: doesn't like it. "There's no songs" she says. Sure, but if you really listen to what's going on, it's pretty intricate. Goose does a lot of jams that flow from one song to the next and back, and I can find that rather :mindblown: personally...another thing I like about that YouTube Jam....from Slow Ready to Hot Tea, then back to the second half of slow ready with the Hot tea riff continuing :mindblown:

They're also diverse...can be funky, electronic, blusey, a 3 hour show can be quite a journey when they string it all together. But :tits: says "it all just sounds the same", and it does if you're listening passively and/or DGAF about the jam structure.

Their studio stuff is actually pretty decent. Shenanigan's Night Club is a 5/7 album. So Ready, the sped up funk version of Slow Ready still :mindblown: me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:57 am

Oh, the songwriting is certainly lacking, but sometimes they hit well. Slow Ready (the start of the YouTube jam) gets stuck in my head all the time for some reason.

But that's why :tits: doesn't like it. "There's no songs" she says. Sure, but if you really listen to what's going on, it's pretty intricate. Goose does a lot of jams that flow from one song to the next and back, and I can find that rather :mindblown: personally...another thing I like about that YouTube Jam....from Slow Ready to Hot Tea, then back to the second half of slow ready with the Hot tea riff continuing :mindblown:

They're also diverse...can be funky, electronic, blusey, a 3 hour show can be quite a journey when they string it all together. But :tits: says "it all just sounds the same", and it does if you're listening passively and/or DGAF about the jam structure.

Their studio stuff is actually pretty decent. Shenanigan's Night Club is a 5/7 album. So Ready, the sped up funk version of Slow Ready still :mindblown: me.
:dat: You can have really amazing music without 'songs', that's what most classical is for example, jazz too. I love that music can be so diverse and I can appreciate and enjoy everything from a hip hop artist with amazing lyric skills to country songs about chugging beer to pop to jamming/metal.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:48 pm

:dat: You can have really amazing music without 'songs', that's what most classical is for example, jazz too. I love that music can be so diverse and I can appreciate and enjoy everything from a hip hop artist with amazing lyric skills to country songs about chugging beer to pop to jamming/metal.
Yea, I kind of tie jam bands in with classical/jazz TYPE performances. Just watching incredibly skilled/talented musicians do their thing. It's not for everyone, for sure.

But I do love the diversity in all music. Agreed, there's not a genre I can blanket claim I don't like. I used to claim I hate pop music, but there's some recent stuff that's legit :notbad: over the last few years, so there's very little I can't at least find some enjoyment in.

I think it's because you and I have musical backgrounds. You still play, I don't, but once that's in you, you can find the enjoyment in anything even if just appreciating the musical skill.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:54 pm

Yea, I kind of tie jam bands in with classical/jazz TYPE performances. Just watching incredibly skilled/talented musicians do their thing. It's not for everyone, for sure.

But I do love the diversity in all music. Agreed, there's not a genre I can blanket claim I don't like. I used to claim I hate pop music, but there's some recent stuff that's legit :notbad: over the last few years, so there's very little I can't at least find some enjoyment in.

I think it's because you and I have musical backgrounds. You still play, I don't, but once that's in you, you can find the enjoyment in anything even if just appreciating the musical skill.
:dat:

There’s plenty of bad pop music for sure, but lots of great songwriting in that space as well.

I have been playing tuba in the local band still, haven’t picked up a guitar in many months sadly.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I have refurbed a couple of old record consoles recently, and I absolutely love tossing on (new to me) old jazz, classic rock, and classical music. New records are not too terrible (~20), but they have a used store here in knox that has thousands of used records to pick through. Lots of trash for sure, but I have picked up some great compilations albums, some great classic pete fountain (one autographed!), etc all usually for like a dollar or two.

Art Blakey, Miles davis, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Chuck Berry, SRV, the aforementioned Pete Fountain, all great. Also have various classic compilations, all of the Beethoven symphonies, and some newer music too. Oh and nothing like Christmas with the fire on and Charlie Brown c/o Vince Guaraldi on vinyl playing in the background
:muah:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:54 am

I have refurbed a couple of old record consoles recently, and I absolutely love tossing on (new to me) old jazz, classic rock, and classical music. New records are not too terrible (~20), but they have a used store here in knox that has thousands of used records to pick through. Lots of trash for sure, but I have picked up some great compilations albums, some great classic pete fountain (one autographed!), etc all usually for like a dollar or two.

Art Blakey, Miles davis, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Chuck Berry, SRV, the aforementioned Pete Fountain, all great. Also have various classic compilations, all of the Beethoven symphonies, and some newer music too. Oh and nothing like Christmas with the fire on and Charlie Brown c/o Vince Guaraldi on vinyl playing in the background
:muah:
Fantastic. Spinning some of those old Jazz/Blues records really adds to the experience. I need to get my turn table hooked up...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I would probably pull the trigger on it but just :notsure: where to put a turntable and records... #tinyhouseprobz... I am fairly buying more shit averse.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Childhood nostalgia, especially when i was with uncle
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:16 am I would probably pull the trigger on it but just :notsure: where to put a turntable and records... #tinyhouseprobz... I am fairly buying more shit averse.
I rescued/restored my dad's vintage stuff, but if I hadn't, I would get into vinyl for the same reason. Our house is tiny, and fortunately there's a cubby under the stairs in the bar for the stuff to go in, but it's hard to get to, hence why I haven't hooked it up yet.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Lots of Benny the Butcher, 38 spesh, and Black Thought lately.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Turkish but :megusta:
English translation is in subtitles