Sears sells Craftsman to Stanley/B&D for 900M

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote:
Detroit wrote:Retail is dead.
Macy's closing 68 stores
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I can't remember the last time I went into a retail store.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:I can't remember the last time I went into a retail store.
:dat:

When amazon ships it to your door for as much or less than you can get it in person, it makes 0 sense.

Amazon uses its cloud business as a cash cow to drive every single retailer out of business.
It is a very evil and fked up strategy ...

The only retailers that are doing well... are home improvement like Home Depot thanks to :thanksobama: ppl are buying a ton of shit to improve their homes now that their values are rising and pent up demand...

Also a lot of that shit you can't ship... and or amazon doesn't carry.

For EX they didn't sell garage openers.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I like being able to get things in 15 minutes instead of 2 days.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Depends on the thing. Many things I can wait for. What I can't, Home Depot, Autozone, or O'Reiley carries.

Though, I guess those are "retailers" so :derp:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote:
I don't like to buy clothes on line. I prefer to try them on first and see the color in person.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: I like being able to get things in 15 minutes instead of 2 days.
I don't like to buy clothes on line. I prefer to try them on first and see the color in person.
I buy mine at Costco. Try them on at home and return what I don't like the next time I'm there to buy gas.

Fuck, that's another "retailer". I guess I do still go to retailers.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
No, but cheap.

I've got a set of Tekton impact sockets that have fared well so far.
Not all of their stuff is cheap.
But, a lot of Tekton stuff looks identical to Craftsman things I've bought, same blow-molded case and all.
i dont like the outlook of my warranty. I went all in on craftsman right after my HF stuff started failing.

Also, I'll give you something moldy to blow on? :iono:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: I don't like to buy clothes on line. I prefer to try them on first and see the color in person.
I buy mine at Costco. Try them on at home and return what I don't like the next time I'm there to buy gas.

Fuck, that's another "retailer". I guess I do still go to retailers.
Dem Detroit Liars Imageol:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My old roommate's house was a Sear's house. It's a historic landmark.
It has a basement. In LOUISIANA.
wap

Acid666 wrote:My old roommate's house was a Sear's house. It's a historic landmark.
Sears houses were great. My town has 2 of them. The one I'm aware of is beautiful.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote:My old roommate's house was a Sear's house. It's a historic landmark.
Our city has a ton of Sears homes. Pretty cool to see. They came in boxcars and assembled on site.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Sears houses were great. My town has 2 of them. The one I'm aware of is beautiful.
Indeed. And super high quality too.
ChrisoftheNorth

AND they were called "Sears Craftsman Homes".
Acid666

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Sears houses were great. My town has 2 of them. The one I'm aware of is beautiful.
Indeed. And super high quality too.
Lol. It was decent. But nearly ZERO insulation. Her cooling bills were close to $300/mo when I ran the AC. She hated it because she's a fucking hippie hipster and likes to drink cold Pabst on the porch with her fuckwad ironic friends and not use the ac. This is fucking Louisiana bitch. Not the Bahamas.
wap

Detroit wrote:AND they were called "Sears Craftsman Homes".
Yup.

Somewhere at home I have a replica Sears catalog from 1927. It's fascinating.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Indeed. And super high quality too.
Lol. It was decent. But nearly ZERO insulation. Her cooling bills were close to $300/mo when I ran the AC. She hated it because she's a fucking hippie hipster and likes to drink cold Pabst on the porch with her fuckwad ironic friends and not use the ac. This is fucking Louisiana bitch. Not the Bahamas.
Insulation wasn't really a huge thing back then... Technology just wasn't there.

But the structure and quality of materials was very good.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote:AND they were called "Sears Craftsman Homes".
Yup.

When we moved and discovered there's like 20 houses in our hood, we found a site that has fliers for each of the home models. We went through them and like to look for them when we take the :doge: for walks.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

What?!
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Yup.

When we moved and discovered there's like 20 houses in our hood, we found a site that has fliers for each of the home models. We went through them and like to look for them when we take the :doge: for walks.
Is your house one?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: When we moved and discovered there's like 20 houses in our hood, we found a site that has fliers for each of the home models. We went through them and like to look for them when we take the :doge: for walks.
Is your house one?
No, ours was a custom build for what was the equivalent of the Surgeon General for our little city. Random, I know.

But one across the street is.
ChrisoftheNorth

Ours looks like a scaled up version of this. I believe there's one a few streets up.
Acid666

Melon wrote:
What?!
Back in the day you could order a home from the Sear's catalog. It would come on several railway cars and a few people could assemble it in a weekend or so.
Acid666

Acid666 wrote:
Melon wrote:
What?!
Back in the day you could order a home from the Sear's catalog. It would come on several railway cars and a few people could assemble it in a weekend or so.
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.2193072 ... !1e1?hl=en

The yellow house. That's where I used to live. It's a Sear's house. Shotgun style. 2 story. Small basement where the ac is bolted to the floor underneath.