Smart watches and wearables

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Well I thought I had this decision made, but Pebble folded.
Dear Pebblers,

Thank you all for being such loyal supporters and champions of the Pebble community and brand. You helped start something fantastic when you backed our first Kickstarter project. Since then, we've shipped over 2 million Pebbles around the world!

We've loved sharing Pebble’s story with you—whether it’s a new product, software update, or simply staying in touch online and in person. Today, we're closing one chapter and inviting you along for what's next. We hope to answer as many questions as possible in our formal announcement, in Kickstarter Update #17, and on our Support site.

Read the announcement »

Pebble is joining Fitbit
Fitbit has agreed to acquire key Pebble assets. Due to various factors, Pebble can no longer operate as an independent entity, and we have made the tough decision to shut down the company. The deal finalized today preserves as much of Pebble as possible.

Pebble is ceasing all hardware operations. We are no longer manufacturing, promoting, or selling any new products. Active Pebble models in the wild will continue to work.

Making Awesome Happen will live on at Fitbit. Much of our team and resources will join Fitbit to deliver new “moments of awesome” in future Fitbit products, developer tools, and experiences. As our transition progresses, we’ll have exciting new stories to tell and milestones to celebrate.

It’s no doubt a bittersweet time. We’ll miss what we’re leaving behind, but are excited for what the future holds. It will be important for Pebblers to extend a warm welcome to Fitbit—as fans and customers—sharing what they love about Pebble and what they’d like to see next.

What you need to know
Pebble is no longer promoting, manufacturing, or selling any devices.
Pebble devices will continue to work as normal. No immediate changes to the Pebble user experience will happen at this time.
Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.
Kickstarter backers will get refunds for any unfulfilled rewards by March 2017.
One-to-one Pebble support is no longer available.
Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches.
All unfulfilled pebble.com orders will be canceled and—if payment was taken—refunded.
Returns of pebble.com orders successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be processed and refunded by our Support Team.
Pebble watches purchased at retail may be returned or exchanged based on the retailer’s return policy.
Pebblers can still find replacement charging cables and other compatible accessories (bands, skins, etc.) from Amazon.com and third-party vendors like GadgetWraps and Clockwork Synergy.
Developers have an exciting opportunity to reach and delight over 50 million users and counting.
Our heartfelt gratitude goes out to each and every Pebbler for supporting us over the years. Our community is vibrant. Our community is passionate. You are what made Pebble special and worth fighting for, every second of every day. We will always remember the love you showed Pebble, through thick and thin.
:rage:

So back to looking for smartwatches
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Dang, what a bummer!

Any current models that are still for sale that catch your eye?
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Jaxper wrote:Dang, what a bummer!

Im not going to buy into a product they themselves state will no longer be supported.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:Shame, because their recent models showed promise. :(
I know, i was quite looking forward to my time 2

Explains why the order tracking was down and my emails last week went unanswered....
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

https://www.amazfit.com/shop/pace?variant=25492

this shows promise.

other than that I will likely end up with andris wear something or other, either a moto sport or 360 a go balls deep on a huieui or polar m600

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016CKHCC0/re ... UTWR&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I5GC2CY/re ... EUBT&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013LKLIC4/re ... X7R0&psc=1
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:The Huehue watches actually look quite nice.
yes.

Im planning on going to actually look in a real live store at some saturday
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Jaxper wrote:Dang, what a bummer!

Im not going to buy into a product they themselves state will no longer be supported.
Ah, I didn't read all the bullet points until just now. What a shame.
The panda hath arrived.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Damn free markets.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:I considered a smartwatch.

I'm very happy with my Seiko dumbwatch doe.

Tells me day, date, and time. :megusta:
Seiko will never send you an email saying that your watch will cease to function because some techbro bought them out.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I feel like I'm going to end up with a 360 sport based on price.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah wow. I'm often ready to throw my smartphone as far as I can and move to a cabin in the woods in Idaho. A smartwatch is like the last thing I will ever buy. But if I did I would get that metal one that at least does not alert the rest of the world to my obsession with technology.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote:Yeah wow. I'm often ready to throw my smartphone as far as I can and move to a cabin in the woods in Idaho. A smartwatch is like the last thing I will ever buy. But if I did I would get that metal one that at least does not alert the rest of the world to my obsession with technology.
honestly, it makes me use the phone less if that makes sense........
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:Yeah wow. I'm often ready to throw my smartphone as far as I can and move to a cabin in the woods in Idaho. A smartwatch is like the last thing I will ever buy. But if I did I would get that metal one that at least does not alert the rest of the world to my obsession with technology.
honestly, it makes me use the phone less if that makes sense........
Yeah, I guess I could see where if your woman expects to track you down with texts all damn day (and what woman doesnt'?) You could ditch the email on the phone and go with the watch.

I'm ready to get two autoreplies on my phone for texts doe.

1. I'm presently driving. Shockingly, I am focusing on this task and do not wish to endanger my own life or those of others, and will respond within a reasonable time after I stop driving.
2. You have reached me on the weekend. Shockingly, I am using the weekend to engage in activities with my family which I will not interrupt with an immediate response. I will return your message as time allows.

But I don't.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Ordered a moto 360 sport for the wife and I.

will report back on preformance.
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have an Iwatch collecting dust. The whole concept makes no sense. It doesn't track anything... sure heart-rate but :whocares:

Everything else is directional only. Like knowing how many calories i burned while going down the hall to take a shit is not going to somehow make me more active.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
I have an Iwatch collecting dust. The whole concept makes no sense. It doesn't track anything... sure heart-rate but :whocares:

Everything else is directional only. Like knowing how many calories i burned while going down the hall to take a shit is not going to somehow make me more active.

I get on the scale every morning. 95 percent of the time it confirms what I stuffed in my face the day before. I workout when I workout. I'm not going to walk around the block three extra times because I havent hit a figure. I will just eat or drink less the next day, week or month as needed.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

I get on the scale every morning. 95 percent of the time it confirms what I stuffed in my face the day before. I workout when I workout. I'm not going to walk around the block three extra times because I havent hit a figure. I will just eat or drink less the next day, week or month as needed.
:dat:

If you're going to count something, count calories. Counting steps is full :derp:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I'm glad you guys have your thing that works for you, this was working for me, will continue zfg
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

OK, got the moto's in yesterday.

so far its pretty neat.

The wife and I are pretty disapointed in motorolla :doe: Advertised iShit compatibility, with limited function... ok I get it. Its an Android wear OS and iOS thing, they cant be expected to play super nice together. BUT the fucking fitness app, the real reason we bought it, its android only :rage: That is some bullshit.

wife is thinking about hopping to an android phone :doe: we both like the hardware, but the iShit is the holdup here. :bs: So she is basically at 1. needs new phone or 2. needs another watch
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote:OK, got the moto's in yesterday.

so far its pretty neat.

The wife and I are pretty disapointed in motorolla :doe: Advertised iShit compatibility, with limited function... ok I get it. Its an Android wear OS and iOS thing, they cant be expected to play super nice together. BUT the fucking fitness app, the real reason we bought it, its android only :rage: That is some bullshit.

wife is thinking about hopping to an android phone :doe: we both like the hardware, but the iShit is the holdup here. :bs: So she is basically at 1. needs new phone or 2. needs another watch
http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/app ... tep=detail
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:OK, got the moto's in yesterday.

so far its pretty neat.

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/app ... tep=detail
Wife is also tired of paying apple tax; that said 269 for a first gen is less than some of the other watches we were considering. Thanks for infoz

But i still HOAP for an android phone for her. Hell a one plus 2 is about that price right now...
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

ok, Fitbit Blaze for the wife, she decided.

So far with the moto 360 sport..... I'm really liking it. Its just a watch most of the time but i get text and call and calendar notifications on it. groovy.
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:ok, Fitbit Blaze for the wife, she decided.

So far with the moto 360 sport..... I'm really liking it. Its just a watch most of the time but i get text and call and calendar notifications on it. groovy.
I've been tempted by the Moto 360, or others similar, for a while, but have yet to bite the bullet. I'll keep tabs on your feedback on your continued use.
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Jaxper wrote:

I've been tempted by the Moto 360, or others similar, for a while, but have yet to bite the bullet. I'll keep tabs on your feedback on your continued use.
i will keep you updated. day one is going well.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Fitbit Blaze is a solid choice