So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:30 pm

:THANK YOU:
To belabor this a bit further. My wife bought me the print edition of Car and Driver for Christmas and I was sitting on the throne this morning reading about the new Electric E Class, which retails for 75 thousand dollhairs.

https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/eqe. It looks like a gen 8 Honda Civic.

If I raced someone from San Diego to Boston in the Silver Bullet I would be eating lobster rolls and be drunk AF on Sam Adams while the other guy is looking for a charger in Lawton Oklahoma, quite unsuccessfully I might add. All while driving a car that looks and drives like a sedan should look and drive. At least he could call a flatbed on his IWatch. Before I ordered my lunch I would also deposit the extra 64 grand in a CD @ 5%.
Yea this sucks... I can't stand the new EQE sedans... also MB is going full jelly belly in their cars... and that's a mid 2000s lexus thing that just needs to die.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:42 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:30 pm

:THANK YOU:
To belabor this a bit further. My wife bought me the print edition of Car and Driver for Christmas and I was sitting on the throne this morning reading about the new Electric E Class, which retails for 75 thousand dollhairs.

https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/eqe. It looks like a gen 8 Honda Civic.

If I raced someone from San Diego to Boston in the Silver Bullet I would be eating lobster rolls and be drunk AF on Sam Adams while the other guy is looking for a charger in Lawton Oklahoma, quite unsuccessfully I might add. All while driving a car that looks and drives like a sedan should look and drive. At least he could call a flatbed on his IWatch. Before I ordered my lunch I would also deposit the extra 64 grand in a CD @ 5%.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

Also i just missed something you got a CD @5%? I am cucking with 3.5 at the moment.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:52 pm Also i just missed something you got a CD @5%? I am cucking with 3.5 at the moment.
https://statebnk.com/personal-banking/c ... f-deposit/.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:58 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:52 pm Also i just missed something you got a CD @5%? I am cucking with 3.5 at the moment.
https://statebnk.com/personal-banking/c ... f-deposit/.
Interesting... TY.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:43 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Sounds like you're ready for a (synthetic, skip the wool in the desert) kilt, lad.
Full Commando with style? Sign me up.
Things are probably different in an ultra conservative industry like yours, but outside of law it's largely the case that you can get away with whatever you want as long as you act like you are getting away with it. I still have a hard time with that confidence part but when I feel good nobody gives me crap about anything.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Valkyrie wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:43 pm

Full Commando with style? Sign me up.
Things are probably different in an ultra conservative industry like yours, but outside of law it's largely the case that you can get away with whatever you want as long as you act like you are getting away with it. I still have a hard time with that confidence part but when I feel good nobody gives me crap about anything.
I am dress casual for anything not involving a courtroom and the VID and our desire to build a more transactional practice has cut our court apperances to almost nil. I had to put on a tie a couple of weeks ago and was none too happy about it. The bolded is largely true for a huge swath of life circumstances.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:53 pm I started getting back into watches earlier this year. My aspiration to start my collection would be to emphasize value for money and have unique pieces. Barring a few hand-me-downs from my pops, I acquired a few awesome pieces that I have to shout out here. But first, a quick pic of my collection from a few months ago:

A few standout pieces:
1. Tissot PRX. I have the quartz and it was $375; you can get the automatic/Powermatic 80 for $675. This is the best Swiss made integrated sport bracelet watch bang for buck watch. It’s one of the most popular watches in the last 2 years.

2. Glycine Combat Sub - I got this impressive dive watch from Costco for $300. For those who know about watches, it has sapphire Crystal, 200M of WR, Swiss ETA 2824 movement (found in higher end watches such as entry level Breitling and Tudor’s). For $300 I don’t see where the margin is with this watch. Glycine is an older Swiss brand that was recently acquired by Invicta. Invicta is a pretty shitty watch brand but I guess they are diversifying their portfolio. Everyone I know who knows about their purchase of glycine has said it will only make glycines more available across the world, which isn’t a bad thing. Otherwise they are hands off.

3. G-Shock GA-2100 “Casioak” came out a few years ago and it is the best wearing G-Shock I’ve ever had. Plus, the sleek design with the octagonal port hole bezel has earned it the name “Casioak” after the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. These go for $100-500 depending on model/resin/metal/etc.
:wtf:
How many wrists do you have?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:hue:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Invicta's seem to be doing amazing :dill: right now, I'm hella tempted. Something to celebrate my new gig with.

https://invictastores.com/invicta-speci ... lack-23537
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'm also feeling this, may pull plunge :lol:
https://invictastores.com/invicta-s1-ra ... rown-30914
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Somehow I accidentally hit purchase. Jesus was looking after me after all. ;)
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:47 pm Somehow I accidentally hit purchase. Jesus was looking after me after all. ;)
:notbad:
:nice: looking timepiece.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:31 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:47 pm Somehow I accidentally hit purchase. Jesus was looking after me after all. ;)
Honestly I wasn't planning on it, but I spontaneously decided to check the websites and I only paid roughly 30-40% of the actual cost, so why not #yolo
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:40 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:31 pm

Honestly I wasn't planning on it, but I spontaneously decided to check the websites and I only paid roughly 30-40% of the actual cost, so why not #yolo
They are actually good watches (I've heard from numerous people who own the brand watches from this brand for years without an issues), for that price you can't go wrong! All three of the ones you posted look great.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hello there. New Seiko 5 GMT.

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:30 am Hello there. New Seiko 5 GMT.

:nice:
I love these... I don't own a GMT yet but have a Seiko SRP779 Pepsi Turtle diver watch similar to this.. Also pretty recently purchased. I love it and think it'll get more wrist time then anything else that I own. It's also an automatic and wears really comfortably due it it's short lug to lug stats.

razr390

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:21 am

:nice:
I love these... I don't own a GMT yet but have a Seiko SRP779 Pepsi Turtle diver watch similar to this.. Also pretty recently purchased. I love it and think it'll get more wrist time then anything else that I own. It's also an automatic and wears really comfortably due it it's short lug to lug stats.

Seikos, especially Seiko 5’s are really the gateway drug into mechanical watches IMO. Brand with history and legacy. Yeah it ain’t a Rolex but they’re great daily watches you can rock for decades with no issue.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This has becoming a watch thread here. Lets start a thread.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 pm This has becoming a watch thread here. Lets start a thread.
I'm down... :doit:

I brought my 1970 Tissot in for service, trustworthy contact and excellent reputation. It keeps time within 20 seconds/day and ran for two days straight without a hiccup so I'm not worried about that, but the chronograph likes to get hung up around the 58 second mark. It's never been serviced! I'm really happy to have it in my collection.

I found a 1970s NOS stock bracelet, 15.5 cm long from lug to lug when it's buckled up, but it needs another 1 or 2 cm to fit my wrist because the watch is so small. I ordered a thin leather Nato strap with a vintage appeal, so I'll throw that on the watch when I feel like wearing it on occasion and keep the vintage era appropriate band for when it's time to put it up for sale.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:jelly: that is dope.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

She's hereeee

razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:12 pm She's hereeee

Nice! Enjoy it. Invicta is hit or miss with their watches but that one looks solid. They have some things that are unique, others that are straight copies of Rolex etc.

If you get the itch to watch collect, highly recommend looking at a Seiko 5 automatic after.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:12 pm She's hereeee

Nice! Enjoy it. Invicta is hit or miss with their watches but that one looks solid. They have some things that are unique, others that are straight copies of Rolex etc.

If you get the itch to watch collect, highly recommend looking at a Seiko 5 automatic after.
Thanks mah rudy! And it looks better in person, I love mine. Once when my apple watch phase wears off, I would highly consider moving to seiko 5. Yours look 5/7 too