So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

If my situation didn't require high wattage, I'd have no problem buying small gear. Just all depends on what you're doing. If I was a session guy, or did a lot of live gigs in somewhere like new York, then yeah, a small rig would be what you'd want.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

so I am blown away with photo mapping (photogrammetry) and how far its come. I also have been wanting a small drone to :derp: with.

SO I BOUGHT A MOTHER FUCKING RACING DRONE. Arris x220 with teh controller pictared.

I will use my phone for FPV but am fairly excited. All in, cost with extra battery and charger are $320 shipped.

can also mount a gopro to it. Fly time is around 10 mins. but its really fast.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

parts cost on this guy is about $290 in parts.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:scrooge: amp fits nicely in :jalepenis: trunk. The stock speaker in it makes it sound terrible, but through a real speaker it's :notbad:Image
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:Sweetwater sound is offering 36 months zero interest on Mesa Boogie guitar amps, I'm really tempted to :troywax: for a perfect one instead of screwing around with cheap chinese particle board shit... "only" $57 a month for a proper high end amp that'll last a lifetime. $2050 vs the $130 I'm spending on the :scrooge: special. :disgust:
You won't.

:trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:Yeah I remember the candy, they really do have great service and somehow don't have prices any higher than other retailers. I bought a Godin guitar (Canadian brand) from them back in 2012-ish and liked it. Since I'm not playing live anytime in the foreseeable future it's hard to really justify buying much. I'm also leaving for France tomorrow so I don't think I'll be ordering anything this week.

I'm going to rock the :scrooge: Fender until I get to a more stable living situation and hopefully start playing with bands again, then re-assess gear. I am also trying to get more into jazz/rock/blues/pop type stuff instead of metal, which means less need for big amps. My metal "band" is only a recording project now, it's all recorded DI with software for the guitar/bass tones.
The Sweetwater headquarters is :mindblown: nice too, very cool place in bum fuck Indiana. I've had to work their Gear Fest Expo thing and gotten :drunk: with some of the employees there. I think prices are competitive because of Indiana being cheap as hell and the founder just running it better than many places. Most other retailers of music stuff are in CA, New England, and other :waxer: places.

They also get a lot of business because they don't have to charge sales tax (for now).
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Yeah I remember the candy, they really do have great service and somehow don't have prices any higher than other retailers. I bought a Godin guitar (Canadian brand) from them back in 2012-ish and liked it. Since I'm not playing live anytime in the foreseeable future it's hard to really justify buying much. I'm also leaving for France tomorrow so I don't think I'll be ordering anything this week.

I'm going to rock the :scrooge: Fender until I get to a more stable living situation and hopefully start playing with bands again, then re-assess gear. I am also trying to get more into jazz/rock/blues/pop type stuff instead of metal, which means less need for big amps. My metal "band" is only a recording project now, it's all recorded DI with software for the guitar/bass tones.
The Sweetwater headquarters is :mindblown: nice too, very cool place in bum fuck Indiana. I've had to work their Gear Fest Expo thing and gotten :drunk: with some of the employees there. I think prices are competitive because of Indiana being cheap as hell and the founder just running it better than many places. Most other retailers of music stuff are in CA, New England, and other :waxer: places.

They also get a lot of business because they don't have to charge sales tax (for now).
Sounds like Tire Rack in South Bend, IN. Thanks Pence!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I went all :troywax: this past week ordering up the books and applying for the Certified Treasury Professional certification. All in I'm at about $2400 of :wasteful:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:59 pm I went all :troywax: this past week ordering up the books and applying for the Certified Treasury Professional certification. All in I'm at about $2400 of :wasteful:
But big :waxer: payoff eventually, right?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:59 pm I went all :troywax: this past week ordering up the books and applying for the Certified Treasury Professional certification. All in I'm at about $2400 of :wasteful:
Your employer won't pay those expenses? That's retarded.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 pm
:dat: There should be some program that'll at least reimburse a portion of them.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Kaizen workshop for my purchasing group in 15 minutes.. betting it's gonna be complete :bs:
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 pm
Oh they are reimbursing me for them. I just put it on my card first. #pointslyfe
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:59 pm
Yeah, it’ll open up opportunities once I pass the exam this winter. Not :alpo: levels of :waxer: or anything but i’ll Be more comfortable.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm
wap wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Yeah, it’ll open up opportunities once I pass the exam this winter. Not :alpo: levels of :waxer: or anything but i’ll Be more comfortable.
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Bought a :house: recently.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:56 pm Bought a :house: recently.
So :wasteful:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:56 pm Bought a :house: recently.
So :wasteful:
:dat: what a Moran.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh dang. In one week I went from zero drones to 2. Also, I suck at flying. But even more so indoors. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

paging @corvettewaxer

why did you people quit making the Shield K1 tablet? Seems to have good reviews then just was discontinued. Now they go for $200+ used on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1&_fosrp=1
Last edited by dubshow on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm paging @waxer

why did you people quit making the Shield K1 tablet? Seems to have good reviews then just was discontinued. Now they go for $200+ used on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1&_fosrp=1
still no :waxer: response

:sad:

must be too busy winning in vegas
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

With the first long drive with the kid coming up.....the wife had a brainstorm. Get a tablet so he can watch some tv.

Fucking amazon prime..... might cancel that shit. All the fire shit was on sale but nothing had 2 day shipping that we needed to get by wednesday for leaving thursday am. Sucks too because they have a 'kids version' that is indestructible and comes with no questions asked 2 year warranty for 70 bucks.

Anywho, found a regular cheapo fire 7 at target for 50 bucks..... primed on over a case and universal mount for the car. less than 100 all in for kiddo entertainment device.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am With the first long drive with the kid coming up.....the wife had a brainstorm. Get a tablet so he can watch some tv.

Fucking amazon prime..... might cancel that shit. All the fire shit was on sale but nothing had 2 day shipping that we needed to get by wednesday for leaving thursday am. Sucks too because they have a 'kids version' that is indestructible and comes with no questions asked 2 year warranty for 70 bucks.

Anywho, found a regular cheapo fire 7 at target for 50 bucks..... primed on over a case and universal mount for the car. less than 100 all in for kiddo entertainment device.
:millennial: :baby:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am With the first long drive with the kid coming up.....the wife had a brainstorm. Get a tablet so he can watch some tv.

:millennial: :baby:
yea. I mean FFS hes only 8 months and we limit screen time. But it's his vacation too.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 am :millennial: :baby:
yea. I mean FFS hes only 8 months and we limit screen time. But it's his vacation too.
Let him look out the window? It's just like a TV.