So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 am
Swedish Chef wrote:
My F31 BMW allowed both wired and wireless CarPlay while my GoRf was wired only.
Not sure on Android Auto but should be the same?

Theoretically wired should be better but since I only Poopify from the phone, it’s all compromised anyway and I couldn’t tell a difference.
Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

I really don't understand the appeal of wireless carplay or AA. Kills your battery faster and there's lag. I'd plug it in every time even if I had wireless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Only nice thing in my mind is if you have a wireless charging pad in the car.

On the R I am disappointed that there is only one USB port and it is in front of the shifter, where the storage bin won't really fit my Pixel 4XL when plugged in. Would be nice to have a port in the center console.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Swedish Chef wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:36 am

Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

I really don't understand the appeal of wireless carplay or AA. Kills your battery faster and there's lag. I'd plug it in every time even if I had wireless.

My BMW had an armrest with a spring loaded cradle with wireless charging.

I wasn’t sure at first but it was neat not having to bother with plugging/unplugging every time you’d get it or out.

Worked great just leaving the phone in the armrest and use CarPlay for calls, music and sexting.
That seems like the ultimate setup... I hate the look of wires/cables in the car... but my BMW definitely doesn't have any of that :lolol: Just the meh Bimmertech hack BT for $270.

:aintcare: though really. I mostly just stream audio with the phone on the magnet mount. It always flies off in the :poorvette: :doe: :stig: :disappoint:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 am Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

On the R I am disappointed that there is only one USB port and it is in front of the shifter, where the storage bin won't really fit my Pixel 4XL when plugged in. Would be nice to have a port in the center console.
If they made that cubby just a bit bigger and added wireless charging it'd be perfect. My P3XL doesn't fit in there either and I have to constantly push the cord down and out of the way of the shifter.

Not sure how well this thing works or if it even fits XL phones which it probably doesn't. And with our pixels I doubt it supports fast wireless charging.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-inbay-parts ... -51-1~iby/

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Swedish Chef wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 am Yep. I'm wired only but bluetooth is still in use with AA. Calls are definitely going through bluetooth but I don't know if audio is. I'll have weird issues though like if I don't turn Bluetooth on before plugging in for AA it needs to pair with the car again.

My BMW had an armrest with a spring loaded cradle with wireless charging.

I wasn’t sure at first but it was neat not having to bother with plugging/unplugging every time you’d get it or out.

Worked great just leaving the phone in the armrest and use CarPlay for calls, music and sexting.
That's a good solution. If it's charging the phone while using wireless carplay/AA I'm all for it.

Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:37 am

Also the fact that you can’t close the cubby cover cause you have to use the USB port. :rage:

Agreed re: placement in center console instead, or even armrest.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I bought a resin 3D printer. Time to make so many random items.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

How much does a good steak dinner for two and three drinks cost today?

:wtf:

It was my birthday, and it was great, but fuck me. The alcohol was the most expensive part at $400/dram for Pappy 23 and $350 for Macallan 30.

Never doing that again though.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:26 pm How much does a good steak dinner for two and three drinks cost today?

It was my birthday, and it was great, but fuck me. The alcohol was the most expensive part at $400/dram for Pappy 23 and $350 for Macallan 30.

Yeah $400 for a drink is ridic.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:26 pm How much does a good steak dinner for two and three drinks cost today?

:waxer: gonna :waxer:

How was the :meat: ?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm

No joke, it was probably the best bone in ribeye I've ever had, even though I'm sure I've bought better/same quality meat from the distributor. They cooked it to perfection, medium rare from end to end there wasn't a spec of fat that wasn't perfectly tender and edible. That's not simple to do, so I'm assuming they cook sous vide with a quick char.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Well, the bottle is like $2400 if you can find it, which is nearly impossible... so... :iono:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Well, the bottle is like $2400 if you can find it, which is nearly impossible... so... :iono:
Not that I need more expensive hobbies, but how in the hell do you learn to taste and appreciate something like that without being a full blown alcoholic? I know that "pro" wine tasters spit it out instead of drinking it but that sounds fucking retarded so I'm guessing you don't do that.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Not that I need more expensive hobbies, but how in the hell do you learn to taste and appreciate something like that without being a full blown alcoholic? I know that "pro" wine tasters spit it out instead of drinking it but that sounds fucking retarded so I'm guessing you don't do that.
When tasting you pour 1/4 - 1/2 of a normal pour, you do this over a good amount of time as well. Rarely would anyone line up a flight and then do shots... Although, that would make people take notice. :lol:

When I did the Jack Daniels tour at the end they poured us literally a tablespoon of each of the 5 or 6 they were supplying. In Maui the distillery gave us no more than 4 "drinks" that were about 1/4 a pour.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:36 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm

No joke, it was probably the best bone in ribeye I've ever had, even though I'm sure I've bought better/same quality meat from the distributor. They cooked it to perfection, medium rare from end to end there wasn't a spec of fat that wasn't perfectly tender and edible. That's not simple to do, so I'm assuming they cook sous vide with a quick char.
:drool:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Man, that is all sorts of :fullretard:

Happy birthday, :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Been on a flannel kick. Anyone ever wear that Dixxon brand? They look nice, but I wish they tapered in at the waist a bit. Probably not a dealbreaker since I don’t think my current ones really taper at all either.

I have some Weatherproof brand ones that Costco used to carry for cheap, but they don’t have them anymore for me to grab other colors.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm I bought a resin 3D printer. Time to make so many random items.
:neat: Id like to play with those. Im on caveman tech.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm I bought a resin 3D printer. Time to make so many random items.
Been thinking about this as well, but to be honest I need to purge more crap I don't use before I buy anything that requires a home outside of a cabinet or toolbox. I have too many desktop items as it is that it is difficult finding homes for in the house.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Been thinking about this as well, but to be honest I need to purge more crap I don't use before I buy anything that requires a home outside of a cabinet or toolbox. I have too many desktop items as it is that it is difficult finding homes for in the house.
I had this same realization last year.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:11 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 pm

It's crazy. I need more space. Really looking at my photo printer thinking if I need a large format printer or if I should just downsize and send bigger prints out. This thing is 28.5" x 11.2" x 17.1" (W x H x D) on it's own.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:18 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:11 pm

It's crazy. I need more space. Really looking at my photo printer thinking if I need a large format printer or if I should just downsize and send bigger prints out. This thing is 28.5" x 11.2" x 17.1" (W x H x D) on it's own.
I gave mine away after college. I keep a basic 8.5x11 laser combo for doc needs, Its much more compact and very cheap on ink.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:20 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:18 pm

I gave mine away after college. I keep a basic 8.5x11 laser combo for doc needs, Its much more compact and very cheap on ink.
Well, I'm not going to go as far as to give it away, the thing is $1200 and the inks are $650 a set, and I just replaced the ink carts last week..... This one is photo only. I have an Hp color laserjet that is pretty cheap to run for docs.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

The convo about 3D printers lead me down a path. Been thinking about one but haven't pulled the trigger. Probably won't.

But we are seriously talking about doing a legit gaming PC build for iRacing, VR, etc. All told with montiors, peripherals... Probably looking at like $4k. That lead to talk of ditching the guest room and turning into a hobby room (cue rekindling of 3D printer talk). That might seem a bit over the top. The house has three bedroom and currently we have master, guest, and "den" with a huge couch and TV and all the lady's gaming systems (PS4, Switch, Wii U, etc.) That room cannot fit a wheel, pedal and chair setup so... Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34 pm The convo about 3D printers lead me down a path. Been thinking about one but haven't pulled the trigger. Probably won't.

But we are seriously talking about doing a legit gaming PC build for iRacing, VR, etc. All told with montiors, peripherals... Probably looking at like $4k. That lead to talk of ditching the guest room and turning into a hobby room (cue rekindling of 3D printer talk). That might seem a bit over the top. The house has three bedroom and currently we have master, guest, and "den" with a huge couch and TV and all the lady's gaming systems (PS4, Switch, Wii U, etc.) That room cannot fit a wheel, pedal and chair setup so... Hmmmmm

If you go down this path, I may join you. Jill will hate us both equally.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

4zilch wrote:
If you go down this path, I may join you. Jill will hate us both equally.
Yeeesssss