So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

stripethree wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34 pm The convo about 3D printers lead me down a path. Been thinking about one but haven't pulled the trigger. Probably won't.

But we are seriously talking about doing a legit gaming PC build for iRacing, VR, etc. All told with montiors, peripherals... Probably looking at like $4k. That lead to talk of ditching the guest room and turning into a hobby room (cue rekindling of 3D printer talk). That might seem a bit over the top. The house has three bedroom and currently we have master, guest, and "den" with a huge couch and TV and all the lady's gaming systems (PS4, Switch, Wii U, etc.) That room cannot fit a wheel, pedal and chair setup so... Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you'd like to borrow my budget one for a few months, Im open. Can help you get your feet wet.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

dubshow wrote:
If you'd like to borrow my budget one for a few months, Im open. Can help you get your feet wet.
I'll keep that in mind. We're probably going to go down the gaming PC path first as it's something we're both interested in. The 3D printer, that's all me. Image

Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:48 pm Been on a flannel kick. Anyone ever wear that Dixxon brand? They look nice, but I wish they tapered in at the waist a bit. Probably not a dealbreaker since I don’t think my current ones really taper at all either.

I have some Weatherproof brand ones that Costco used to carry for cheap, but they don’t have them anymore for me to grab other colors.
I have a couple. Theyre super nice quality. I would recommend 5/7.
Barnes93cb

dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm I bought a resin 3D printer. Time to make so many random items.
:neat: Id like to play with those. Im on caveman tech.
Its much easier than I anticipated. Granted I watched 50 hours of videos and turorials before mine ever arrived. I have printed 5 mini yoda figures, one ice devil, and 4 :dick: shaped valve stem caps. Im now printing 4 more mini yodas. I have yet to make any mistakes with printing.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:48 pm Been on a flannel kick. Anyone ever wear that Dixxon brand? They look nice, but I wish they tapered in at the waist a bit. Probably not a dealbreaker since I don’t think my current ones really taper at all either.

I have some Weatherproof brand ones that Costco used to carry for cheap, but they don’t have them anymore for me to grab other colors.
Thank you sir. May snag one next week to gauge sizing and then go from there. Torn between going XL and 2XL
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:37 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Thank you sir. May snag one next week to gauge sizing and then go from there. Torn between going XL and 2XL
They run a little big. I am not nearly your same build. But im pretty broad in the shoulders. I wear an xl t-shirt and an xl from Dixxon is baggy on me in the waist. And im a fat guy ( 5' 10" 220lbs).

So if youre torn between the two id say order an xl and see how it fits. Then if you want more and prefer the 2x it wont be as bad.
Barnes93cb

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 pm

:neat: Id like to play with those. Im on caveman tech.
Been thinking about this as well, but to be honest I need to purge more crap I don't use before I buy anything that requires a home outside of a cabinet or toolbox. I have too many desktop items as it is that it is difficult finding homes for in the house.
I just threw it in my office on some spare space I have. I needed about a 4x2 foot desk area for everything that sits out. The printer itself is small. But a curing box took space as does space for trimming and cleaning the prints. Then I use two 1x1 shelves for storing all my supplies.

Excuse my mess. I’m a slob and working on some prints as we speak.

ImageImage
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Been thinking about this as well, but to be honest I need to purge more crap I don't use before I buy anything that requires a home outside of a cabinet or toolbox. I have too many desktop items as it is that it is difficult finding homes for in the house.
I just threw it in my office on some spare space I have. I needed about a 4x2 foot desk area for everything that sits out. The printer itself is small. But a curing box took space as does space for trimming and cleaning the prints. Then I use two 1x1 shelves for storing all my supplies.

Excuse my mess. I’m a slob and working on some prints as we speak.

ImageImage
:notbad:
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:37 pm

They run a little big. I am not nearly your same build. But im pretty broad in the shoulders. I wear an xl t-shirt and an xl from Dixxon is baggy on me in the waist. And im a fat guy ( 5' 10" 220lbs).

So if youre torn between the two id say order an xl and see how it fits. Then if you want more and prefer the 2x it wont be as bad.
Awesome. Yeah I figured they’d be baggy at the waist, but figure if they’re too bad I can always get them tailored a bit. Measured my chest at 48” today, so I’ll probably go 2XL since I plan on growing still.
SAWCE

Rare-ish record that I’ve wanted to find for a while popped up on this site Discogs for sale over the weekend. Spent too much money buying that to add to my collection.

First/only pressing of Senses Fail’s debut EP From The Depths Of Dreams. 1000 of them made.

They re-recorded the EP and rereleased it last year with a B-Side from the recording session, but I wanted to have the original version too.
SAWCE

Got that flannel I ordered already.

It’s definitely big in the arms and waist, but shoulders and chest/back hit perfectly.

They’re having a sale right now and one of the other colors I wanted is part of if, so I snagged that too. When it gets in I’ll take them both to get the waist and arms tailored up. Stuck with the 2XL for the second one.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:20 pm Got that flannel I ordered already.

It’s definitely big in the arms and waist, but shoulders and chest/back hit perfectly.

They’re having a sale right now and one of the other colors I wanted is part of if, so I snagged that too. When it gets in I’ll take them both to get the waist and arms tailored up. Stuck with the 2XL for the second one.

:fap:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:20 pm Got that flannel I ordered already.

Unbutton all but the top button.

"Elbows out, side to side..."

Haha getting called a cholo with it buttoned all the way up like that is the first thing that happened to me.

I usually leave the top two buttons undone, but I kinda like this all the way up.
Barnes93cb

[user not found] wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm I bought a resin 3D printer. Time to make so many random items.
:dong:
Already done. Tire valve stems. Meant for bikes. Should still work on a car.

Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote:Got that flannel I ordered already.

It’s nice isn’t it? I’m a fan. Even if they are a bit expensive.

SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:21 pm
SAWCE wrote:Got that flannel I ordered already.

It’s nice isn’t it? I’m a fan. Even if they are a bit expensive.

Yeah. Great feel and seems like good quality: I got the second one in the mail today. Washed it in hot water to get whatever shrink I could out of it and I’ll take them both to a tailor tomorrow.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So this is kind of a jokes purchase, totally random and I'm still not sure why I bought it except that I don't own a yellow watch.

It is a fairly decent knock off Panerai Rattrapante Automatic Ferrari watch with a broken wrist strap. The real company made similar watches for Ferrari in the 1990s and I think they are cool.

It wasn't broken when i bought it but after trying it on the strap fell apart... facebook marketplace for ya!

I'm shopping for a new strap and would have replaced it anyways, feel free to chime in on which one you thing would be best suited.

The watch:

The straps:

Or maybe something all black. :iono: I kind of like the CF one.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I think the black with yellow strap would look :neat: with that watch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:26 am I think the black with yellow strap would look :neat: with that watch.
Yeah I could see them pairing well. I might :doit: but going to check to see if there's anything else. Originally was going to get one with a yellow stripe in it but it has to be the right yellow or it will be tacky, unless I'm already past that ha!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I bought gout supplements and a pill sorter so o remember my meds.... grrr
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am I bought gout supplements and a pill sorter so o remember my meds.... grrr
:wap:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:54 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am I bought gout supplements and a pill sorter so o remember my meds.... grrr
:dat:

#okboomer
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:52 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:54 am

:dat:

#okboomer
:okboomer:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin